1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova

First

Back
541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550
552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561
Next

Last
  1. candlejack
    [Mod Edited]

Both the Ref 8 and the SXC 8 are very microphonic, with the SXC 8 being the worst. On the other hand, the stock cable is excellent in this regard.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2019
    Mal Waldron likes this.
  2. candlejack
    Don't worry, you're not the only one to live in this reality. :wink:

duaned and Cann3dh33t like this.
  3. ilovetoys
    [Mod Edited]

Thanks for taking the time to respond about the microphonics of the cables but I already ordered and sent them back in the time it took someone to answer about them.

KB likes this.
  4. mashuto
    [Mod Edited]

While I happen to agree with the sentiment of the other user, as I personally have never heard any real significant difference between cables/daps/etc, I would never claim that others don't, nor I would I tell anyone they are spending their own money wrong.

But yeah, ref 8 had terrible ergonomics, was stuff and very very microphonic and I personally heard no difference between it and the included Vega cable back when I owned it.

5. SilverEars
    Let me share a really weird experience with Andro. I tried the Dita Oslo cable and it noticibly changed the sound in a bad way, making the mids sound really weird. I wonder if the cable has high impedance? Perhaps the CA Andro cables are all low impedances.

Actually, higher impedance ahould be beneficial. I can't imagine cable impedance going higher than 4 ohms.

Should a $500 cable make iems sound worse. Please no.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  6. aaf evo
    Sometimes cables just don’t match well, I think the PW Audio Loki 8 wire is like an $800? USD cable and it was an awful pair up with my Legend X but an amazing silver cable.

7. bwardrop
    I want to give thanks and a shoutout to the folks who recommended the Symbio W tips for the Andromeda Gold. I just got my delivery today and spent a couple hours with them. They are amazing. Thanks again. I still find it interesting how much the tips make a difference on Campfire Audio IEMs.

Colors, ExpatinJapan and cr3ativ3 like this.
  8. Colors
    Symbio W best tips with Andros.

9. cr3ativ3
    I prefer spiral dots :D

candlejack likes this.
  10. jmpsmash
    anyone compared Symbio W with Spinfit CP500? the CP500 in M fits my ear perfectly, leave a perfect seal and I can wear the Andro for hours without issue.

I tried Spiral Dot MS / M and neither fits my ears, there are tons of leakage and they fall off very quickly no matter how I adjust them.

I wonder if I should go through trying the Symbio W. Is the fit similar to Spiral Dots or Spinfit?

11. cleg
    Not sure if there is a separate thread for Gold one, but I think I can post it here too

Tristy, griga and ExpatinJapan like this.
  12. audio123
    The Andromeda Special Edition: Gold sure sounds good. Really enjoyable. :)

photo_2019-10-12_18-03-38.jpg

cleg and ExpatinJapan like this.
  13. hellfire8888
    the AG cable is what type? copper?

14. bwardrop
    Silver plated copper cable. It’s called the Smokey Litz cable. I like it more than the previous litz cable that used to come with CA iems.

https://campfireaudio.com/shop/smoky-litz-cable/

15. audio123
    @bwardrop is right. The Andromeda 2019 comes with it too.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
First

Back
541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550
552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561
Next

Last