Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 15, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #8,284 of 9,829
I stumbled upon these new product in Google Japan.

No more scratches but not sure about the look or will it affects the fit or sound etc.

bca4d9845ff2bb6d42d735ffffc3fe70.jpg

Oct 15, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #8,286 of 9,829
I have both cables and can confirm that the SXC 8 has more space, air and bass than the Ref-8 from my listening tests.

giving it a whirl today. (4.4mm to DX160).

0B13FCA9-BBAE-435E-A947-724477400EAF.jpeg

I desire some
Smokey Litz cables in 2.5mm and 4.4mm. I find the stock cables for CA usually have a good match.

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #8,289 of 9,829
giving it a whirl today. (4.4mm to DX160).

I desire some
Smokey Litz cables in 2.5mm and 4.4mm. I find the stock cables for CA usually have a good match.

I bought a smokey litz in 2.5mm from CA maybe a week ago or so. They're currently in stock for both 2.5mm and 4.4mm!

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #8,291 of 9,829
Oct 18, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #8,292 of 9,829
Mojo with Andromeda just sucks the life out of the Andromeda to my ears. It sounded too warm and two dimensional with a lot of hiss to boot. Hugo 2 is a different animal where it sounded very fast, tight and detailed. Definitely a good pairing if you want a warm sound that feels so fast, Hugo 2 does this very well with the Andromeda.
Does mojo with Andromeda really bad? I bought mojo week ago and now thinking of Andromeda or acoustune. And what about xdsd with Andromeda?

Oct 18, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #8,293 of 9,829
Sadly IEMs only as I find headphones too sweaty in tropical countries like the Philippines. I used to have the AKG K712 and Schiit Asgard 2 as amp but switched to Yahama HS7/HS8S speakers and Schiit Saga as preamp setup because speakers provide the bass physicality I wanted as well as untouchable soundstage and imaging capability that they provide. Also, I get way too sweaty with the K712 with the velour pads on my face. Well, you can't really compare the soundstage and imaging of speakers against headphones. Anyways, I got into IEM world after interest of maximizing my portable audio or more specific, reaching the fidelity I get with the speaker setup by getting the CA Vega blind-bought. While I liked its holographic imaging, it literally cannot come close to the HS7 speakers in mids and treble tonality and detail retrieval. Then I got lucky with the sale CA Andromeda CK Blue edition, and that's where I experimented with budget DAPs until I landed with the iPod Touch 6G as my preferred DAP due to it sounding pretty close to the Yahama HS7 speakers in tonality with Andromeda being slightly warmer and slightly recessed in mids in comparison. Though if talking about neutral flat sound, I always refer to Yamaha HS7 as my reference.

Regarding other IEMs I've demoed, I always felt that they really need the extra power to sound the way they're intended. For example, the U12T and U18T sounded slightly flat and lacking punch with the iPod Touch but when driven with Chord Hugo 2, they sound incredibly full, wide, open and showing excellent layering, and maybe superior to the Andromeda that is also plugged into Hugo 2. As for DAC quality (Hugo 2 vs iPod Touch), Hugo 2 is definitely much more "blacker" where you perceive the instruments popping out of nothingness in a darker way than the iPod Touch. This is more apparent with more complex passages BTW. At least that's how I heard the Andromeda coming out of Hugo 2 + HMS setup. Also, mids and treble resonance are much more "separated" (not by width but by transients or speed as some people call it) I think it has to do with the much more accurate taps that is unique to Chord sound. Though I can easily get a better DAP than iPod Touch, I cannot live without Apple Music and the iPod Touch is the only DAP that has that capability (aside from smartphones) AFAIK
Iems for 1100 $ and apple music with aac under 320kb? Really? Its so weird. Apple music is very poor quality, aac is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back