Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 18, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #6,976 of 9,829
I hope it's not Andros female connector problem but your earphone cable male connector. I experience loose connection on right piece too on my Sony Kimber Kable muc-m12sb1. No more issue after changed to ALO Reference 8. Please have a check.
The situation is a little bit strange, I never have any problems when using the stock cable. But when I use the Final audio C106, the right connector is loose and lost connections when I move it slightly. However, when re-plugin the C106 to opposite connectors, both connectors are solid and no connection issues. Now I'm confused...

May 18, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #6,977 of 9,829
The situation is a little bit strange, I never have any problems when using the stock cable. But when I use the Final audio C106, the right connector is loose and lost connections when I move it slightly. However, when re-plugin the C106 to opposite connectors, both connectors are solid and no connection issues. Now I'm confused...

May 23, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #6,978 of 9,829
Ordered my CA Andromeda V3 yesterday. Having them change connection on stock cord to 2.5 TRRS so I can use it with my IBasso 220. I also have a PlusSound silver and gold X6 ordered and their 2.5 TRRS to 4.4 TRRS and the reverse connector adapters coming.
I am a bit of a CA fan. I have Vega, Comet and Atlas and Sony 300ZX and Hiby R3 DAPS. Lastly I have a Norne Silvergarde IEM cable with 4.4 coming next week. Its been break in city here for almost 2 weeks.

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #6,979 of 9,829
So I recently sold off my andromeda s because the thing was just so damn heavy in my ears when walking. The weight made them pendulous and created that really low-frequency *whoom-whoom* sound when walking. Breaks my heart.

I'm looking to get back to the regular andro, as I dont recall having weight issues with that earphone. I'm tempted also by Solaris.

Can anyone with experience tell me whether the Solaris is anywhere near the weight of the andro s?

Thanks!

May 23, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #6,980 of 9,829
So I recently sold off my andromeda s because the thing was just so damn heavy in my ears when walking. The weight made them pendulous and created that really low-frequency *whoom-whoom* sound when walking. Breaks my heart.

I'm looking to get back to the regular andro, as I dont recall having weight issues with that earphone. I'm tempted also by Solaris.

Can anyone with experience tell me whether the Solaris is anywhere near the weight of the andro s?

Thanks!

I only have limited exposure to Solaris from a share. It is certainly bigger than any Andro, and I believe that they are heavier than my Andro S, but not 100% sure...

May 23, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #6,981 of 9,829
I only have limited exposure to Solaris from a share. It is certainly bigger than any Andro, and I believe that they are heavier than my Andro S, but not 100% sure...
From memory I would say definitely lighter than the Andromeda S, probably heavier than the green. I'm going to audition some stuff this Saturday so I can check for the OP.

May 23, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #6,983 of 9,829
Ordered my CA Andromeda V3 yesterday. Having them change connection on stock cord to 2.5 TRRS so I can use it with my IBasso 220. I also have a PlusSound silver and gold X6 ordered and their 2.5 TRRS to 4.4 TRRS and the reverse connector adapters coming.
I am a bit of a CA fan. I have Vega, Comet and Atlas and Sony 300ZX and Hiby R3 DAPS. Lastly I have a Norne Silvergarde IEM cable with 4.4 coming next week. Its been break in city here for almost 2 weeks.
Does that cable cost as much as your Sony player?

May 23, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #6,984 of 9,829
The weight of the solaris is further out than the andromeda. The solaris feels heavier while wearing than the andromeda.
That's a very good point. If you can't get a deep insertion, it will feel heavier than it weighs.

May 23, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #6,985 of 9,829
The weight of the solaris is further out than the andromeda. The solaris feels heavier while wearing than the andromeda.

Yes, this is sort of what I was after. My worry was that the effective "lever arm" of the Solaris would be longer and more susceptible to torque when waking. Think I may stay with the standard andro.

May 23, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #6,986 of 9,829
Yes, this is sort of what I was after. My worry was that the effective "lever arm" of the Solaris would be longer and more susceptible to torque when waking. Think I may stay with the standard andro.

I find the Solaris more comfortable overall than the andromeda, but I only wear them lying down. The sharp edges on the andro can sometimes fatigue your ear in different places depending on how they are situated in your ear. The solaris doesn't have the sharp edges.

May 23, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #6,987 of 9,829
I find the Solaris more comfortable overall than the andromeda, but I only wear them lying down. The sharp edges on the andro can sometimes fatigue your ear in different places depending on how they are situated in your ear. The solaris doesn't have the sharp edges.

Interesting. I had the standard andro for a minute, and they never did irritate my ears the way it seems they do for many (inner shell never contacted the intertragic notch of my ear).

Here's a lament that I don't have access to a IEM dealer to try this all out for myself.

May 23, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #6,988 of 9,829
Interesting. I had the standard andro for a minute, and they never did irritate my ears the way it seems they do for many (inner shell never contacted the intertragic notch of my ear).

Here's a lament that I don't have access to a IEM dealer to try this all out for myself.

They (andro) only bothers me when I'm laying with my ear on the pillow which pushed the edges into my ear. The solaris doesn't have the sharp edges, so when it "forced" into my ear, it is less bothersome.

May 23, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #6,989 of 9,829
Does that cable cost as much as your Sony player?

No. Just $99, but they give you a new cable, not the one that now comes with it as I just learned. I canceled the $99 wire and said just send me an Andromeda, Now the PlusSound cable is a different story. You can buy a DX 220 for the price of a Gold & Silver X6. If you do not believe in cables, please do not respond and make an A--of your self.

May 24, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #6,990 of 9,829
No. Just $99, but they give you a new cable, not the one that now comes with it as I just learned. I canceled the $99 wire and said just send me an Andromeda, Now the PlusSound cable is a different story. You can buy a DX 220 for the price of a Gold & Silver X6. If you do not believe in cables, please do not respond and make an A--of your self.
Haha, yeah, I was asking about the other cable. It amazes me how much of their budget some people dedicate to the cable. And no, I don't believe in cables because I can't definitively hear a difference, but if you do, then enjoy the best you can. I don't need to push my religion on anybody. :)

Post some pics with your new rig when you get it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back