Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 24, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #6,991 of 9,829
Haha, yeah, I was asking about the other cable. It amazes me how much of their budget some people dedicate to the cable. And no, I don't believe in cables because I can't definitively hear a difference, but if you do, then enjoy the best you can. I don't need to push my religion on anybody. :)

Post some pics with your new rig when you get it.

If you can't hear it, don't pay for it.
I am 71 and have always been able to hear the differences in cable. At my age, it takes a really good cable for me to hear the differences. I am a tube guy. Tubes and cables are useful for tuning your rig. I wish I had not been able to hear the difference and saved a lot of money over the years.

May 24, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #6,992 of 9,829
If you can't hear it, don't pay for it.
I am 71 and have always been able to hear the differences in cable. At my age, it takes a really good cable for me to hear the differences. I am a tube guy. Tubes and cables are useful for tuning your rig. I wish I had not been able to hear the difference and saved a lot of money over the years.
Now I'm intrigued. Can you describe the difference you are hearing? Maybe I don't know what to listen for.

May 28, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #6,993 of 9,829
Deeper better defined bass. crisp sparkly treble smooth or forward midrange.

May 29, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #6,994 of 9,829
Just got some Andros today and must say they sound perfect to my ears through an ifi idsd bl. Still playing around with the different settings to find the sweet spot, but will eventually get there. These are some impressive sounding IEMs!

I read that some of you guys commented around condensation. I have the same issue, i feel that i need to clean the spout every 45-60 minutes or so... will this be an issue long term? Is it normal to get this level of condensation and won't it affect the internals?

May 29, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #6,995 of 9,829
Just got some Andros today and must say they sound perfect to my ears through an ifi idsd bl. Still playing around with the different settings to find the sweet spot, but will eventually get there. These are some impressive sounding IEMs!

I read that some of you guys commented around condensation. I have the same issue, i feel that i need to clean the spout every 45-60 minutes or so... will this be an issue long term? Is it normal to get this level of condensation and won't it affect the internals?

Interesting. Can you explain exactly how to clean the spout? Thanks.

May 29, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #6,996 of 9,829
20190529_163733.jpg
Interesting. Can you explain exactly how to clean the spout? Thanks.

I just wipe it with a tissue being careful not to "push" the condensation into the holes

This is after 30 minutes....

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #6,997 of 9,829

I've had this issue, especially when it's cold outside. I was drying the condensation off every 30-45 minutes, which got really annoying after a while. I've since switched to foam tips, which completely solved the issue for me. I'm not a huge fan of foam tips, but I felt that it was a small price to pay.

May 29, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #6,998 of 9,829
I've had this issue, especially when it's cold outside. I was drying the condensation off every 30-45 minutes, which got really annoying after a while. I've since switched to foam tips, which completely solved the issue for me. I'm not a huge fan of foam tips, but I felt that it was a small price to pay.

I don't like the foam tips... at all. I don't mind much cleaning them but i am concerned if this will have impact on the electronics inside.

And i am at home, it's not even cold....

May 29, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #6,999 of 9,829
Condensation looks to be a scary issue. Hope I never see it.
Any one know how long you should break in Andromedas?

May 29, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #7,001 of 9,829

I see it on the nozzle but NEVER inside. I live on a tropical country where humidity is always above 90%. I don't see it as a danger myself and just let that moisture evaporate after a while.

May 30, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #7,002 of 9,829
I don't like the foam tips... at all. I don't mind much cleaning them but i am concerned if this will have impact on the electronics inside.

And i am at home, it's not even cold....

If you are concerned about long term effects, you might want to look into something like a DryCaddy (think CA actually sell them). It's basically a case with some desiccant packs inside, designed to dry out stage IEMs or hearing aids after extended wear. Pop the Andros in there at the end of a listening session and it will suck out any moisture that may have worked it is way inside by the next time you wear them.

Shouldn't be much of a problem either way, but could be worth looking into for peace of mind if it's bothering you.

May 30, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #7,003 of 9,829
For the last 3 hours I've been playing around and trying different tips. I think i found my favourite: double flanged silicone tips which came with my IE80S's. To me, they sound brilliant, very revealing. I can hear much more detail in the highs vs. any other ones i tested.

May 30, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #7,005 of 9,829
Happened to me quite often, this is because I used it after I shower and on the commute to work. There is water left in the ear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back