Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Jul 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #8,296 of 19,142
Holy cow Scott!!!! You fixed that up nice, buddy!!!

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #8,298 of 19,142
Quote:
Here's my latest restoration, a Channel Master 6000 tube integrated amp.  Uses one 5AR4, four EL84s, four 12ax7s and one 12au7.  Am told this is a rare amp and a Google search seems to confirm that.  Pictures below are as bought for $45 and then two photos after the restoration.  It came with Mullard, Telefunken and Amperex tubes installed, all tested like new.

Prettiest amp i've seen in a long time. engraved brass!!!
eek.gif

Beautiful restoration, but better pics please!
(BTW love the iPod into vintage gear!)

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #8,300 of 19,142
Won this last night :) Akai AA-5500 recapped and looking spiff. It was love at first sight when I spotted it a week ago and I was ready to pay a pretty penny. But I snapped it up for £77! 

Should receive the end of the week and I'll share some impressions. 

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #8,302 of 19,142
Quote:
Prettiest amp i've seen in a long time. engraved brass!!!
eek.gif

Beautiful restoration, but better pics please!
(BTW love the iPod into vintage gear!)

It is hard to get good pictures of the front of this amp because its like taking a picture of a mirror.  You'll see what I mean in one of the photos below that was taken before I was finished with the polishing.

Jul 23, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #8,303 of 19,142
Quote:
Holy cow Scott!!!! You fixed that up nice, buddy!!!

Thanks Rob......and to think I was trying to give this amp away after robbing the tubes from it!!   The tubes alone are worth at least 5X what I paid for it.  @jaymanna over on AK told me it is a rare amp, so I decided to get it running safely again.

Jul 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #8,304 of 19,142
Quote:

It is hard to get good pictures of the front of this amp because its like taking a picture of a mirror.  You'll see what I mean in one of the photos below that was taken before I was finished with the polishing.

Very nice!!!  Is that a definitive tech powered sub that it is sitting on?  Just curious because I have one that looks like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back