Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Jul 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #8,283 of 19,142
Lol thanks, my wife told me I need to make a decision on which one needs to go by the end of the week. She's tired of seeing a vintage amp/receiver in every room. So my three amp rule was really made by her lol.

Jul 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #8,285 of 19,142
Quote:
Lol thanks, my wife told me I need to make a decision on which one needs to go by the end of the week. She's tired of seeing a vintage amp/receiver in every room. So my three amp rule was really made by her lol.

It's important to be mindful of the balance of the force in your home. I have two vintage receivers and just picked up a third. I don't think that the little Mrs. even noticed the third. It stacks nicely atop the second and doesn't invade her domain. Now speakers are a different story. I have two sets that will need to go soon. Especially since I made a lowball offer on ebay this weekend for some Dynaco A25 and low and behold...it was accepted. 
size]
 Near mint Dyanco's for $175 shipped...score. 
size]

Now when the new speakers show up, if I haven't freed up some space there will be a serious "stink eye" coming my way. Believe me, this is not a good thing. So the Pioneers and the Polks I've had since college must go. 

Jul 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #8,286 of 19,142
Quote:

It's important to be mindful of the balance of the force in your home. I have two vintage receivers and just picked up a third. I don't think that the little Mrs. even noticed the third. It stacks nicely atop the second and doesn't invade her domain. Now speakers are a different story. I have two sets that will need to go soon. Especially since I made a lowball offer on ebay this weekend for some Dynaco A25 and low and behold...it was accepted. 
size]
 Near mint Dyanco's for $175 shipped...score. 
size]

Now when the new speakers show up, if I haven't freed up some space there will be a serious "stink eye" coming my way. Believe me, this is not a good thing. So the Pioneers and the Polks I've had since college must go. 

Let's hope you don't wait till the last dang minute. Get busy. And then here come's the delivery truck...
eek.gif
 uh-oh! It'll be like watching a chiller diller movie - we know what's fixin' to happen to our character but we gotta look anyway. 
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #8,288 of 19,142
Jul 22, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #8,289 of 19,142
Quote:
That's a fine looking stack! I'm almost surprised the floor isn't sagging haha. You just put the 500c on my radar as well, but that will have to wait until the missus is out of town or something.

Listed on HF: http://www.head-fi.org/t/671689/fisher-500-receiver-with-wooden-case

Jul 22, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #8,290 of 19,142
Quote:
Nice stand matt :) 

Had a bit of a chuckle when I stumbled across this... Make sure you read the sales pitch  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-SA-7100-STEREO-AMPLIFIER-/141021660776?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item20d58bc668

What a bargain 
size]

Well I thought it was funny anyway... He's offering a full refund if items aren't as they are described... Its a pic of a Pioneer... and he's calling it a Sony.. oh nevermind.  :D 

Well I'm bidding! 

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #8,292 of 19,142
Here's my latest restoration, a Channel Master 6000 tube integrated amp.  Uses one 5AR4, four EL84s, four 12ax7s and one 12au7.  Am told this is a rare amp and a Google search seems to confirm that.  Pictures below are as bought for $45 and then two photos after the restoration.  It came with Mullard, Telefunken and Amperex tubes installed, all tested like new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back