Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Jan 14, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #11,431 of 19,143
Ok, here are some pics (not the best, but better than nothing) of the 1250 I just picked up.  Not in as bad shape as I had originally thought - with the worst being that the balance control is snapped off.  That said, listening to it right now and it sounds great.  Very clean and open sounding presentation.  Told my wife this one may be staying.

Jan 14, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #11,432 of 19,143
  Ok, here are some pics (not the best, but better than nothing) of the 1250 I just picked up.  Not in as bad shape as I had originally thought - with the worst being that the balance control is snapped off.  That said, listening to it right now and it sounds great.  Very clean and open sounding presentation.  Told my wife this one may be staying.

Congrats.  Looks like a beast!

Jan 14, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #11,433 of 19,143
That it is.  I think I pulled something lifting it.

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #11,434 of 19,143
^^haha I've had many a vintage receiver hernia. Started with the 9090db that I almost dropped...had to catch it half way to the ground. Still hurts when it rains. 

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #11,435 of 19,143
You may have identified a new medical condition brought on by the vintage craze.  Still listening - really nice sound.

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #11,436 of 19,143
  That it is.  I think I pulled something lifting it.

Always remember safety first and  be careful out there!  
atsmile.gif

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #11,437 of 19,143
Just got an email from Terry who is doing my restore on the 1280...it's done!!!!! 
eek.gif

beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

I'm super excited to get this one back. Now I've got to find a way to slip up to Nashville and back and still get work done. I may need to borrow the Moody Mobile so that I can travel at mach speed. 
wink.gif

Jan 14, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #11,440 of 19,143
Just got an email from Terry who is doing my restore on the 1280...it's done!!!!! :eek:  :beerchug:  :D

I'm super excited to get this one back. Now I've got to find a way to slip up to Nashville and back and still get work done. I may need to borrow the Moody Mobile so that I can travel at mach speed. :wink:

Awesome! A fully restored monster receiver is an awesome thing.

That doesn't look bad at all. You may already know, but for the wood, Howard's Restor-a-Finish, applied with 0000 steel wool, followed by Howard's Feed-n-Wax. If you ask over at AK, you might be able to score the balance control cheap.

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #11,442 of 19,143
Hi guys,

Looking for some information if anyone has it!

I'm looking on local craigslist and I found a Luxman FQ990 for sale. From the pictures, it looks to be in very nice condition and it is being sold for $100.

I looked online but I couldn't find much information on it. Does anyone here know if it's a good deal or if I should pass on it?

Thanks!

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #11,443 of 19,143
Skylab - thanks for the tip on the Howards.  Have not used it yet but most certainly will on the 1250.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #11,444 of 19,143
I keep a stash of Howards Restore plus the wax treatment as well. They are both very good products and a must have for these old wood cabinets. Once in a while I'll break down and rebuild the cabinet from scratch. But that involved about three trips to my uncles house as I don't have the tools. Howards is a very good products unless you have deep scratches or structural problems with the cabinet. 

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #11,445 of 19,143
  I keep a stash of Howards Restore plus the wax treatment as well. They are both very good products and a must have for these old wood cabinets. Once in a while I'll break down and rebuild the cabinet from scratch. But that involved about three trips to my uncles house as I don't have the tools. Howards is a very good products unless you have deep scratches or structural problems with the cabinet. 

Sounds like a great product.  The only thing it won't help with is the chip on the right side.  Will either have to replace the part of the case - or repair in some fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back