Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Dec 23, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #13,906 of 19,143
God bless you man!  Thanks for the uplifting post!  Glad to hear you're on the mend...............

Dec 23, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #13,907 of 19,143
  And yes, I always have the 'low level' on because you will get a better balance at low listening levels having more freedom of the volume pot. 

LugBug1 my friend, thanks for pointing that out.  I don't have a Vintage amp with a low level option but my HeadAmp GS-1 does have one.  When I read your posting last night, I switched the level to "low" & Low & Behold (no pun intended) : the sound is somewhat better i.e.  the vocals are not so much forward as on the "high" level = better balance indeed.  Well there you go mate : one is never too old to learn something new & helpful.  Merry Christmas Bugman & the very best to you & family.  
Emoji_1F385.png

Emoji_1F384.png

Emoji_1F381.png

Emoji_1F3B6.png
Emoji_1F3B5.png

Dec 24, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #13,908 of 19,143
  A little background:
I used to send a singing voicemail to over 200 people each Christmas.
About 16 months ago, I was rushed to the ER. Doctors doubted my survival.  I spent several days in a coma, then several months in multiple hospitals,  I came home just before Christmas 2013 in a hospital bed.  Due to severe nerve damage and paralysis of my tongue, vocal chords, and stomach, I was  unable to drink, eat, talk, sit, or stand.  I was fed through a feeding tube implanted into my body for many months.
Today, the future looks bright.  I am up and about in a wheelchair and beginning to use a walker and canes  I'm back to rocking the house with my vintage Pioneer 1250SX and Pioneer HPM100s & Snell CIIIs.
God is AWESOME and blessing me every day!.
I made this greeting to wish alll my friends a VERY Merry Christmas!
I hope it brings you a smile in this holiday season.

God is awesome!  I pray He continues to bless your recovery.  Merry Christmas from a fellow SX1250 owner!

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #13,911 of 19,143
  LugBug1 my friend, thanks for pointing that out.  I don't have a Vintage amp with a low level option but my HeadAmp GS-1 does have one.  When I read your posting last night, I switched the level to "low" & Low & Behold (no pun intended) : the sound is somewhat better i.e.  the vocals are not so much forward as on the "high" level = better balance indeed.  Well there you go mate : one is never too old to learn something new & helpful.  Merry Christmas Bugman & the very best to you & family.  
Emoji_1F385.png

Emoji_1F384.png

Emoji_1F381.png

Emoji_1F3B6.png
Emoji_1F3B5.png

Hey no problemo my good friend! 

All the best to you and your family too :) 

All the best to all of you lovely folk on this thread xxxx  

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #13,913 of 19,143
I noticed that a few of you guys are from NJ. Any advice on a good tech for vintage turntables? I recently hooked up my thorens td 145 and have a very load hum in the right channel. I'm sure its a ground issue, but really don't feel like ripping it apart and resoldering things

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #13,914 of 19,143
I noticed that a few of you guys are from NJ. Any advice on a good tech for vintage turntables? I recently hooked up my thorens td 145 and have a very load hum in the right channel. I'm sure its a ground issue, but really don't feel like ripping it apart and resoldering things

A thorens td 145 I used to own one of those way back when with he isotrack tonearm. It had a interchangeable arm wand tube to facilitate cartridge swapping. That brings back memories.

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #13,916 of 19,143
I noticed that Apple has a new commercial with a vintage Pioneer receiver. I wasn't able to quite make out the model, but I think that it was an sx-xx80 because of the black meters.
beerchug.gif

Dec 28, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #13,920 of 19,143
Sounds much better than my tube dac and Asgard 2 with my hi rez copy from hdtracks. Not even close really. Sometimes I wonder about hdtracks, because I've got some hi rez albums I ripped myself from DVD audios that sound similar between the 2 systems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back