Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Dec 21, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #13,891 of 19,143
  Trying it with the low impedance HD555 and it sounds...awesome! Have a feeling this amp is built with Sennheisers in mind :)

Defo, both my HD600 and HD800 sound amazing with my 3020 :) 

The impedance on the NAD's from that era are a lot lower than most 70's amps. I think thats why they work better with different variances.  

And yes, I always have the 'low level' on because you will get a better balance at low listening levels having more freedom of the volume pot. 

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #13,892 of 19,143
  Defo, both my HD600 and HD800 sound amazing with my 3020 :) 

The impedance on the NAD's from that era are a lot lower than most 70's amps. I think thats why they work better with different variances.  

And yes, I always have the 'low level' on because you will get a better balance at low listening levels having more freedom of the volume pot. 

That's great to know! I should be on the lookout for other Senn cans then :) 

Would you have a T1 nearby which you can borrow to have a listen with the 3020? 

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #13,893 of 19,143

That's great to know! I should be on the lookout for other Senn cans then :) 

Would you have a T1 nearby which you can borrow to have a listen with the 3020? 

I haven't bud.. The only thing I would say, is that the NAD will defo have enough power and with the slight leaning to warmth it should on paper be a good match. But pinch of salt required :wink:

Dec 22, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #13,897 of 19,143
The fine light sanding and semi gloss poly will give the cabinet that nice furniture quality finish. I think that I may be the only person on the planet with a solid walnut/hardwood cabinet for my 500c. I must say it feels pretty good.
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #13,898 of 19,143
The cabinet for the Fisher is done minus some light sanding and a little poly.

The fine light sanding and semi gloss poly will give the cabinet that nice furniture quality finish. I think that I may be the only person on the planet with a solid walnut/hardwood cabinet for my 500c. I must say it feels pretty good.
biggrin.gif

Hey Matt, good job, great looking cabinet & the 500c looks fantastic.  You should feel pretty good. 

Dec 23, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #13,900 of 19,143
That's really cool, Matt. Sometimes people get so caught up in the monetary value of their receivers that they're afraid to make them their own, even if the changes they'd make have no effect on the sound (or could even be an upgrade). Props to you for making it your own.

Dec 23, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #13,901 of 19,143
Thanks guys!! All I can say is that I really like it. Can't wait to get back in town and put the finishing touches on.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Great group of guys on this thread.

smile.gif
 (where are the xmas emoticons when you need them?)

Dec 23, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #13,902 of 19,143
  Thanks guys!! All I can say is that I really like it. Can't wait to get back in town and put the finishing touches on.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Great group of guys on this thread.

smile.gif
 (where are the xmas emoticons when you need them?)

Well done on the case Matt - and yes, Merry Christmas to all on the best vintage thread anywhere!

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #13,903 of 19,143
Well done on the case Matt - and yes, Merry Christmas to all on the best vintage thread anywhere!

Hear hear to both! Matt the case does indeed look awesome, great work. And Merry Christmas to all the awesome folks who haunt this most excellent thread :D

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #13,904 of 19,143
biggrin.gif

Looks great bud.   Good for you making it unique.   Remember my mantra - stock sucks................

And Merry Xmas to all the great vintage lovers on this thread..................you make Head Fi the best place to visit. 

Dec 23, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #13,905 of 19,143
A little background:
I used to send a singing voicemail to over 200 people each Christmas.
About 16 months ago, I was rushed to the ER. Doctors doubted my survival.  I spent several days in a coma, then several months in multiple hospitals,  I came home just before Christmas 2013 in a hospital bed.  Due to severe nerve damage and paralysis of my tongue, vocal chords, and stomach, I was  unable to drink, eat, talk, sit, or stand.  I was fed through a feeding tube implanted into my body for many months.
Today, the future looks bright.  I am up and about in a wheelchair and beginning to use a walker and canes  I'm back to rocking the house with my vintage Pioneer 1250SX and Pioneer HPM100s & Snell CIIIs.
God is AWESOME and blessing me every day!.
I made this greeting to wish alll my friends a VERY Merry Christmas!
I hope it brings you a smile in this holiday season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back