Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
May 28, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #7,337 of 19,142
Thanks for the inputs, after doing some research I do think the price is too much as well. 
Quote:

I think that's a good amp but the price seems very high to me. I'd wait and see what else comes down the pike.

Quote:
I've tried TH600 with the vintage Pioneer SX-1010.  With its 25 ohm impedance there is bit too much hiss for my liking when paired with the SX-1010.  Doesn't sound bad but the hiss is a tad annoying.  

Quote:

I have an AU-D907 which is the Japanese AU-919. The AU-D9 has the same dna, but it's impossible to say how much of the design has carried through to this model. I had a look on AK and there wasn't much there. It seems rare, but rare can be a pain in the arse if it needs servicing.

The sound of the 907 is very neutral. A Sansui advert of the time used the phrase 'wire with gain'. It's also very quiet. I am able to use a Senn ie8 without much noise.

Now before you run off and buy the D9, stop and think. my 907 was my third purchase, already owning a Marantz 2385 and a SX1980. If the price is 480 aus dollars that's still over $470 US/ £309. Then again if it is in Aus, you will save hundreds of dollars in shipping buying an equivalent model from the US

May 28, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #7,338 of 19,142
Indeed. ClassicAudio is trying to sell one in very good condition for $1,500. Serviced a bit but, this lets you know (reminder) to pick the one on CL up 
size]

on your way home.

It's already gone. Thankfully.
The burden has been lifted.
I'm good on amplifiers at the moment. But I have a hard time turning away from stuff like that.
Trying to finance a big crossover build project for my klipsch. Already got the titanium mids and tweeters.

May 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #7,339 of 19,142
Quote:
It's already gone. Thankfully.
The burden has been lifted.
I'm good on amplifiers at the moment. But I have a hard time turning away from stuff like that.
Trying to finance a big crossover build project for my klipsch. Already got the titanium mids and tweeters.

Yeah, we 
smiley_thumb.gif
 know the position quite well. Funds allocated and spoken for and then... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

In my case, Jack and I held talks ALL week long covering details not shown on the website. I wanted my WA5 Blacked out, Spec'd out! And was set to order the following Monday. 

That Friday night heading into the weekend I decided to cruise CL. A post for the rare Sansui G-22000 just went live not 5 minutes prior to me landing 
eek.gif
on the page! NO BRAINER - I spent the Woo money to pick it up that following Monday... 
rolleyes.gif

May 29, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #7,340 of 19,142
>>also have a sansui 771 priced at $160. "good" condition. 

i lucked into a sansui 771 at about that price. it had been lightly overhauled (deoxit, outputs adjusted to spec). It has a wonderful warm sound, great with my hd600 headphones. Recently got hold of a pioneer sa-8100 amp, but prefer the sound of the Sansui...

May 31, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #7,341 of 19,142
Got in tonight to unbox my Sansui 881 and it is NOS condition. Listening...... Lets say I'm very impressed. My Fostex sound superb. Incredible bass extension and impact. Detail and dynamics are fully open. I got everything I was hoping for and more. Photos soon.

May 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #7,343 of 19,142
Quote:
Got in tonight to unbox my Sansui 881 and it is NOS condition. Listening...... Lets say I'm very impressed. My Fostex sound superb. Incredible bass extension and impact. Detail and dynamics are fully open. I got everything I was hoping for and more. Photos soon.

Pics please! 
size]

May 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #7,346 of 19,142
Trav...I was very impressed with your modded fostex. I thought that they sounded wonderful. Congrats on the Sansui!! Now post those pics. 
size]

May 31, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #7,348 of 19,142
moodyrn you have his number, give him a text and say there's folk here been waiting 16+ hours for pics... must go to bed soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back