Bluewave Audio Get - Bluetooth 5.0 AptX HD 24 bit amp/DAC
Jun 13, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #256 of 290
Looks like I'm good. Mine looks like one of the earlier models from before the high/low designation and should be the same as a high gain model. I can hear some hiss with the AKG branded buds that came with my S8, and it's way louder than I would have expected...gotta' be it. So far I like this little guy a lot and don't notice any problems. This is a very nice buy and awesome for people looking to use a device like this with larger headphones.

One quick question though...for you guys with newer units that came with the bigger clip and some 3.5mm cables to help mount to larger headphones, can you measure how long the cables are? I'm trying to figure out if I want to order one of those clip/cable sets or not depending on how long those little cables are.

I can measure it tonight for you once I get home if noone does it before then... My gear is on my desk. It's not super long though, it's pretty flush on my SHP9500s... I'd say approx 5 inches long.

Jun 14, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #257 of 290
I can measure it tonight for you once I get home if noone does it before then... My gear is on my desk. It's not super long though, it's pretty flush on my SHP9500s... I'd say approx 5 inches long.
Hey thanks. Could you also do me a favor and see if the included cables are long enough to clip the Get onto the metal part of the headband of the SHP9500? That's literally what my intention would be.

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #258 of 290
Hey thanks. Could you also do me a favor and see if the included cables are long enough to clip the Get onto the metal part of the headband of the SHP9500? That's literally what my intention would be.

6.5 inch. Haven't had time to take a pic this morning, but it does exactly what you want to do, as that's how I do it :wink:

Jun 15, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #259 of 290
6.5 inch. Haven't had time to take a pic this morning, but it does exactly what you want to do, as that's how I do it :wink:
Awesome...thanks!

I have a Fidelio M1 over ear with a little pigtail cable hanging off of it...absolutely perfect for using the Get to make it legit wireless. Dunno if I want to spend more money to do the same with bigger headphones just yet vs just using the Get as a clip, but thanks a million for letting me know all of that; sounds like a go.

Also...mine doesn't cut out when cupped or put in a pocket, but walls and reasonable distance are not the Get's friend. I don't care as much since I bought it to use with my phone, and my phone never really leaves me or my side anyway.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #260 of 290
ahhh...so I just bought an open box Get from a seller on ebay with a 20% off coupon a few days back. Couple of questions, but how would I know if I ended up with a high gain or low gain Get? Would there be some sort of marking or labeling? And also, does the low impedance cable solve all of the problems of the high gain get with sensitive IEMs and whatnot? I think I would rather have the high gain Get and just grab the cable if that's the case.

Can somebody explain the whole story behind the original Get, the "High Gain Get" sold on their site, and the "Low Gain Get"?
Hi There, you can find what version you have if you have a windows computer. You go to the deice manager, then in the sound categories you Go to details and you should choose Hardware ID. Yo will see this:
upload_2018-6-15_17-15-58.png

The number after PID_ is your version. 001 is High gain, 003 is low gain. For info the 4 digit Hex number is the serial. I'll see what I can do to find this info on a Mac, it's also there somewhere.
Pierre

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #261 of 290
Hi There, you can find what version you have if you have a windows computer. You go to the deice manager, then in the sound categories you Go to details and you should choose Hardware ID. Yo will see this:

The number after PID_ is your version. 001 is High gain, 003 is low gain. For info the 4 digit Hex number is the serial. I'll see what I can do to find this info on a Mac, it's also there somewhere.
Pierre
Go figure, mine has the 0003 number listed, haha. I was able to get an email response that also said the box should now have a sticker on it that says R00 for high gain

Pierre
Go figure, mine came up as a 003 number. I also had an email correspondence tell me that there's now a sticker on the box labeled R00 for the high gain model and R01 for the low gain model. Since mine was an open box purchase...who knows, haha. But the box didn't have a sticker on it so I assumed it must have been one of the originals before you guys had two versions. I might just return it for peace of mind to be sure of what I have.

Massdrop has the Get at $85 with the included impedence adapter; does thst mean that this is the high gain version?

Thanks!

Jun 17, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #262 of 290
Go figure, mine has the 0003 number listed, haha. I was able to get an email response that also said the box should now have a sticker on it that says R00 for high gain

Go figure, mine came up as a 003 number. I also had an email correspondence tell me that there's now a sticker on the box labeled R00 for the high gain model and R01 for the low gain model. Since mine was an open box purchase...who knows, haha. But the box didn't have a sticker on it so I assumed it must have been one of the originals before you guys had two versions. I might just return it for peace of mind to be sure of what I have.

Massdrop has the Get at $85 with the included impedence adapter; does thst mean that this is the high gain version?

Thanks!
Hi, you might have been answered unclearly, only the Hi Gain version are labeled with R00, the low gain should not have a label. The Indiegogo units where all Hi Gain and unlabelled as well. If the number says 003 I confirm you can be positive that the one you have is the lower gain version. The next Massdrop shipment will be Hi Gain.
Pierre

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #263 of 290
Hi, you might have been answered unclearly, only the Hi Gain version are labeled with R00, the low gain should not have a label. The Indiegogo units where all Hi Gain and unlabelled as well. If the number says 003 I confirm you can be positive that the one you have is the lower gain version. The next Massdrop shipment will be Hi Gain.
Pierre
Beyond awesome to have solved this. Yeah, I'm just going to grab one of the massdrop units since the price will be basically the same as what I bought off of ebay. I really do like this little device and think that you have a good product outlined despite some quirks; hoping for a 2nd generation at some point from you and further refinements. I also like the overall look/design of these compared to the competition.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #264 of 290
Regarding the latest update. I would say that it is a step forward and back, at the same time... The issue with loosing sound when "cupping" the device, seems to be fixed, and the device seems to recover when out of range, instead of loosing sync (but I haven't really tried to, so I don't know what will happen). The step backward, is the fact that moving around produces a short skip/loss of sound, every time i angle away from line of sight (it does recover immediately again, but at the same time, it can happen again as soon as I change angle again)... it wasn't as picky before (at least not, since getting a replacement for my first unit, that would have a loss of sound even at 30cm (1 foot) distance).

I am thinking of going back to the "2018.02.13" version again. I do sit still, for more time then walking around (keeping my phone in the same position, not taking it with me), but the sound cutting out when moving around is more disturbing...

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #265 of 290
Regarding the latest update. I would say that it is a step forward and back, at the same time... The issue with loosing sound when "cupping" the device, seems to be fixed, and the device seems to recover when out of range, instead of loosing sync (but I haven't really tried to, so I don't know what will happen). The step backward, is the fact that moving around produces a short skip/loss of sound, every time i angle away from line of sight (it does recover immediately again, but at the same time, it can happen again as soon as I change angle again)... it wasn't as picky before (at least not, since getting a replacement for my first unit, that would have a loss of sound even at 30cm (1 foot) distance).

I am thinking of going back to the "2018.02.13" version again. I do sit still, for more time then walking around (keeping my phone in the same position, not taking it with me), but the sound cutting out when moving around is more disturbing...

I have been using the update for a couple days now. I cannot say i have had the walking around issues. I have walked around with the phone on me and with phone out of my pocket and idle. If it helps, I have a Sammy S8+.

Jun 25, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #269 of 290
Yes. I can see that i have a newer phone than you with this piece of information. I was simply letting you know my experience.
And I just pointed out that they haven't tested on any units with older hardware or OS, than basically the latest iPhone(s) and a few Android phones. People with the most problems, seems to have older phones, and like I said there's a reason for that.

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #270 of 290
And I just pointed out that they haven't tested on any units with older hardware or OS, than basically the latest iPhone(s) and a few Android phones. People with the most problems, seems to have older phones, and like I said there's a reason for that.

Yes. I read that email before i installed the firmware. However, it said nothing about older phones. Just that Samsung phones got great feedback.

"Our beta testers who had dropout issues reported a great improvement in dropout rate, especially those using Samsung smartphones. Do let us know of your results by email!"

I don't know if you're giving me attitude or your text is just misleading. I can't predict what phone you have just by you saying you have issues. So, without assumption. I let you know that i didn't have those issues, regardless of me having the same or similar phones used in their testing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back