Bluewave Audio Get - Bluetooth 5.0 AptX HD 24 bit amp/DAC
Dec 9, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #76 of 290
Hi wayne, yes it's in the pipeline, along with other things. Love your idea... might very well use it if your copyrights are not too crazy... Hey we are still a small broke startup!
I hope better battery life is in the cards for a future product. It's the only thing keeping me from either the Get or XB10; 6-8 hours just isn't enough for me. Right now the Radsone Earstudio is looking like my best bet: 350mAh battery for a claimed battery life of 14 hours, compared to the 200mAh battery in the Get, yet still almost the same size. Just waiting on some reviews and general availability, since they're just wrapping up their crowdfunding and making first deliveries as well.

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #77 of 290
I hope better battery life is in the cards for a future product. It's the only thing keeping me from either the Get or XB10; 6-8 hours just isn't enough for me. Right now the Radsone Earstudio is looking like my best bet: 350mAh battery for a claimed battery life of 14 hours, compared to the 200mAh battery in the Get, yet still almost the same size. Just waiting on some reviews and general availability, since they're just wrapping up their crowdfunding and making first deliveries as well.

I backed the earstudio as well. Not sure how it'll sound, but it definitely looks promising, and the addition of balanced is just gravy.
Once I get that I'll add comparisons as well.

Dec 11, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #79 of 290
I'd be really grateful if someone could post their real-world battery life with the Get, eg at nominal volume, running it down to dead. If it was with Shure SE535s that would be even more awesome :D

I'm currently using the shure BT1 cable which gets really good battery life (10+ hours) but has a load of other problems that led me to initiate a return with amazon.

Dec 11, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #80 of 290
I'd be really grateful if someone could post their real-world battery life with the Get, eg at nominal volume, running it down to dead. If it was with Shure SE535s that would be even more awesome :D

I'm currently using the shure BT1 cable which gets really good battery life (10+ hours) but has a load of other problems that led me to initiate a return with amazon.

I'll run a simulation at work today. Will baseline with an iphone 6 and spotify streaming. :wink:

Dec 11, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #82 of 290
It seems some people have got this device but the bluewave website still shows it for pre-order, what is the current ship time for website orders? Thanks!

They've mentioned in the comments on the Indiegogo page that they expect to have all crowd-sourced purchases shipped by Christmas. I would imagine orders from their website should ship some time after that. Maybe January?

Dec 11, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #83 of 290
Awesome thanks! :)

Bluewave team sent me this email on thursday:

Hi Roman,

We may still have the special pre-launch price, but we’ve already started to ship the first pre-orders. Unfortunately, we do have a lot of them to fill and the waiting time before shipping is currently of about a month. Very sorry about that. I hope it helps you with your final decision though.

Thank you for your interest,
Stephanie
Team Bluewave

Dec 11, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #84 of 290

From a full charge, started playback at 9:45 AM EST. Currently looping a basic playlist off 320kbps MP3's (Don't have lossless on my phone yet, but shouldn't affect battery consumption on Get by that much, as it's doing mostly BT and post-processing)

Baseline changed: I'm using my LG V30 in APTX-HD mode. :)

Dec 11, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #86 of 290
Cool thanks! From reading other comments it sounds like I'm best off using something else with SE535s as they're fairly high sensitivity.

Well, running with my U8's, I get moderate hiss... I'm waiting to see what their impedance adapter does for me. Only problem I see with impedance adapters, especially the Penon I've tried, is that it really affects soundstage...

Dec 11, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #89 of 290
Well at 4 hours i’d be pretty shocked if it wasn’t still going. The BT1 cable advertises 8h but I consistently get well over 12 hours with it.

I would be shocked too. :wink: But you never know with new products...

**edit** Just had a small glitch. Music app crashed on my phone and get disconnected after 5 minutes... I restarted it and music is playing again. So we're close to the 6 hour mark (About 20 minutes to the 6 hour mark)

**2nd edit** Beyond the 6 hour mark at 16:18... I'm about to leave the office. Considering Get specifications mentions 6 hours at max power and I'm driving gear that's not that power hungry, I have a feeling I'll be able to continue running this for a bit. At least until the 7 hour mark, maybe more.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #90 of 290

What issues did you encounter with the cable? Cause I've been eyeing it myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back