Bluewave Audio Get - Bluetooth 5.0 AptX HD 24 bit amp/DAC

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by Karendar, Aug 5, 2017.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
Page 7 of 19
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last
  1. m4rkw
    When paired with high sensitivity IEMs like SE535s the default volume is ear-piercingly loud, so the initial voice that says "POWER ON!" and "CONNECTED!" and the beeps when it turns off are so loud that I'm worried they could damage my hearing. There's no way to disable them, so I've been making sure they aren't in my ears when I turn them on or off. Just a short while ago I discovered when turning them on if you time it right you can press the volume down button just as the voice prompt is about to play and it silences it.

As far as I can tell it doesn't support software updates and shure support have yet to respond about the issue. Any potential fix is likely to involve sending it away if they'll even do anything at all.

Other than that, it sounds nice despite only supporting the SBC codec, bluetooth connection works very well and the battery life is way over what they promise. It's rated at 8h but I regularly get well in excess of 12h. I turned mine on this morning around 7am, used them all day with the odd break and they still work now at 9.30pm. Oh another annoyance - when the battery gets low they start with more deafening voice prompts "BATTERY LOW!" every 30 seconds, which you can't disable.

A decent product let down by appalling software. I really hope Shure will agree to do something about it because they specifically advertise compatibility with SE535 but I'm pretty sure if you used these every day without avoiding the voice prompts you would end up damaging your ears.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  2. Pierre111
    Hi m4rkw, Just to let you know, Get does support firmware update, we do take good note of what everybody have to say and indeed there will be one coming as early as january. We will keep everyone posted, we are compiling all the little things that we can do to make our product better and we are listening to the community. I know your comments where about the Shure cable but I just wanted to put that out, that we are still working at making it even better even tough we started shipping them

FSTOP and trellus like this.
  3. Karendar
    Ok, so after close to 8 hours of listening (7:40 to be exact), Get died on me. The death was odd too. I got a beep, then 2 minutes later, it bellied up in a screeching odyssey. I was able to re-power it on and it did the screech/beep in unison. Then it would turn on and instantly turn off. So... 7 and a half hours seems like my reality. :wink:

4. m4rkw
    thanks Karendar, not enough battery life for me sadly. Will hold out for the EarStudio.

Karendar likes this.
  5. Karendar
    Glad I could help. :) I'm still happy that I overshot the expected battery life by over an hour and a half though. Then again, for cans that require more power, might be closer to the rated 6 hours. :)

6. zolom
    Just ordered a GET. Will connect it to the Fiio F9 Pro iems (28 ohm) to play APTX HD via my LG V30. Hope the required volume level and the F9 load, will provide at least ~8 hours playback time. The fact that it can play while charging should suffice (I can hook it to a very small emergency charger I have).
    Hope the possibility of very high volume level when earphones connector is connected will be resolved (i.e. GET should always start with low volume level) and some friction should be added to secure the volume wheel. Further more, I hope that future firmware update will support activation of android voice comnands by pressing the GET buttons.

Waiting for my new gadget. When can I expect shippment?

Thanks

7. Karendar
    Well, on a V30 with sound at 75% on the Get + 80% on phone got me CLOSE to 8 hours, but not a full 8 hours. :) YMMV. I haven't tested playback while charging though. I have a 10k mAh Anker battery which I could test it with.

8. FSTOP
    I'm pretty happy with the battery life, seems quite adequate for the higher output it has, while still maintaining a small and light form factor. In my use cases, there's rarely a chance i cant recharge between uses. Really like that it can be left plugged in for constant powered use while charging (and not damaging battery) too.

Thanks for the real-world battery testing, Karendar. How do you like your V30? (I have v20)

9. Karendar
    V30 is a great phone! Everything is almost perfect on it. The DAC sounds terrific, battery life is insane and screen is gorgeous. Front cam sucks though and updates aren't as frequent as my essential phone and pixel... Still haven't found the perfect phone on every front. Someday.. :wink:

10. zolom
    Thanks
    Why not set the V30's volume to maximum and reduce the GET volume level? thus increase its playback time. Will that affect much the noise floor with my 28 ohm F9 Pro hybrid IEMs?

BTW, I have a very small (keychain) battery pack which should enable me to recharge the GET on long flights
    (see: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WBIK25C/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  11. Karendar
    The reason I set volume that way is to avoid blowing my eardrum by mistake if I roll the get's audio wheel... By having it set that way, get is comfortable at max audio... Safety first. :wink:

zolom likes this.
  12. reunknown
    Hi all,

I own the Noble K10 too and have experienced some hiss when paired with the GET (IEM too sensitive, amp too high output). Am thinking of using an impedance adapter/plug to combat this problem. Would a 75ohm, 100ohm or 200ohm impedance adapter work better?

13. zolom
    Did anyone try the GET with either FiiO f9 Hybrid/f9 Pro or Shure SE846? How is the level of Hiss with those?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  14. Karendar
    I used a 20ohm and got good results (lowered hiss, but not completely gone). Considering the noble are in the 32 ohm range, if you want complete hiss removal, go for 75 ohm.

15. lambdastorm
    Still waiting for my GET. Dunno when they'll ship it but my interest is completely gone rn.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
Page 7 of 19
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last