1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

BGVP DM6 and DMG Discussion thread

First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last
  1. Kitechaser
    The CL2 now though :) :) :)
    Need to get my hands on the EX1000 eventually. With a balanced copper cable.

2. Ethereal Sound
    @Hawaiibadboy Can you give any impressions between the Toneking T88k and the DM6? I am not loving the DM6 as much as I thought I would, mostly due to that weird treble dip and slightly recessed sounding vocals. If there are any EQ solutions anyone has, I am more than open to it as I am not very EQ literate.

Also, on a separate note, where did you get your aftermarket cable for the EX1000? I cannot seem to find one as they appear to use Sony proprietary connectors.

3. blacksesame
    Wishing i had ex1000 for reference. Would you says that dm6 is tonally a dark signature or balanced?

4. Ethereal Sound
    DM6 is pretty warm sounding and slightly V shaped.

5. CoFire
    A notice to all.

I ordered via Aliexpress Yaoyaotiger HIFI Audio Store, wasn't sure about the "shady" return shipment message (yes, NOW I understand) so I chatted with Aliexpress help. They advised me to dispute my order (specifically for a refund) and I specifically asked the chat help if Yaoyaotiger HIFI Audio Store would get a chance to rebuttal before a refund to which they said yes. Yaoyaotiger HIFI Audio Store sent a message saying, we have some, will ship out, then a day later my order was refunded by Aliexpress, thus cancelled. RATS! !!×÷%#!×!^£¥%#^*€! I asked Yaoyaotiger HIFI Audio Store to send the IEMs and they said to late, Aliexpress refunded my money.

Now I'm hosed, have Symbio ear tips on the way, new copper cable in hand and DM6 is dead in the water. Careful with your dispute if you really want these as I did and still do.

These were the highlight of my dive into ChiFi.

Fuuu.....dge.

Edit: I mistakenly listed Audio&Video Professional Store when my purchase was actually with Yaoyaotiger HIFI Audio Store. Changed above.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  6. OldDude04
    Just keep a watchful eye on this thread and the headphone sales section. I'm sure some will go up for sale as more orders arrive. They may not be to some folks taste and you can snag one then.

Hawaiibadboy likes this.
  7. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    The guy @Ethereal Sound might be selling his. Ask the color and maybe you guys work something out.

Ethereal, I never heard a comment about a treble dip until after a freq graph was posted. I don't hear it. Try pulling down 4Khz by 1dB sometimes odd harmonics with vocals may exist right there

archy121 likes this.
  8. Tboy012
    Damn sorry to hear that. Push come to shove, there are more people who want the IEM and are not willing to sacrifice the time already invested in waiting. Shouldnt have rushed into the complaint since it was you who lost in the end

9. Kitechaser
    D

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  10. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    Exodus by Bob Marley is mixed to put bass front and center and DM6 does.
    Tiny Dancer by Elton John puts piano front and center. and DM6 does.
    I don't think dark is a word I would use.

A person in another comment asked if T88 were something? I thought for $300+ it would do something quite well and it was very average. Claim to fame is build quality and driver count IMO

hakuzen and archy121 like this.
  11. NiVrA
    Hi good sir I would like to ask about your opinion on cables if silver or copper really makes a big difference?xD Im planning to buy the same cable that you have...but its silver so is copper better?

12. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    I think cable differences come down to resistance. I like copper best and am going to get a copper on for my DM6. All graphs related to cables seem to show a difference in perceived volume but no change to the signature. Might sound louder or quieter but will not "fix" anything IMO.

And hell....some stuff does for no apparent reason, just sound better to the human ear than others and measurement gear be damned.

hakuzen, PapaHet and Kitechaser like this.
  13. NiVrA
    cool...do you any link of good copper cables?I will also get for the DM6

14. archy121
  15. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last