BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 6, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #346 of 5,353
even with stock cable, i wouldn't call the DM6 dark. Thick sounding? yes, but the treble is clear that i don't categorize it as dark.

with that Oyaide cable and the symbios, that thickness is lessen just enough that it's "soupy, but won't choke the throat" kind of way. weird way to put it, but that's what crossed my mind when i wrote this :o2smile:

Yeah, really strange that review...

Dec 7, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #349 of 5,353
even with stock cable, i wouldn't call the DM6 dark. Thick sounding? yes, but the treble is clear that i don't categorize it as dark.

with that Oyaide cable and the symbios, that thickness is lessen just enough that it's "soupy, but won't choke the throat" kind of way. weird way to put it, but that's what crossed my mind when i wrote this :o2smile:

Even though the BGVP DM6 is not the end-all in detail, I do view it as somewhat transparent. So much so that we may have something that changes color (a chameleon or sorts) with whatever is in front. This single concept could explain many of the different reviews? I have only tried it with two cables and three DAPs, but each time in showed upstream character. I agree not dark but thick. :)

My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #350 of 5,353
Even though the BGVP DM6 is not the end-all in detail, I do view it as somewhat transparent. So much so that we may have something that changes color (a chameleon or sorts) with whatever is in front. This single concept could explain many of the different reviews? I have only tried it with two cables and three DAPs, but each time in showed upstream character. I agree not dark but thick. :)

My 2 cents.
I agree with this. This iem changes based on tips, cables, and source alot.
Sound can differ dramatically.
I wouldn't call it dark, no way.

Dec 7, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #351 of 5,353

My 2 cents.

I agree. I don't find it dark, I'd say it just sounds full.

I find the DM6 puts out what the mix on the song calls for. When I listen to a song like "Go Flex" by Post Malone the deep sub bass is at the forefront because of the way the song is produced, but when I play "Piano Man" by Billy Joel the piano and vocals take center stage. A chameleon might be a perfect way to describe them.

Dec 7, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #352 of 5,353
D99E9EEF-C62E-45B5-93CD-AD1A7F3FAFA3.jpeg

The new Magaosi K6 (bass included).......they say?

I find the DM6 puts out what the mix on the song calls for. When I listen to a song like "Go Flex" by Post Malone the deep sub bass is at the forefront because of the way the song is produced, but when I play "Piano Man" by Billy Joel the piano and vocals take center stage. A chameleon might be a perfect way to describe them.

Also strange is the new FiiO all BA flagship, the DM6 and the Magaosi K5 all have the exact same large subwoofer bass BA. If you look at DM6 and the Magaosi you can read the numbers off them. But......the DM6 has way way better bass than the Magaosi K5. So there must be a bunch of tuning with the build and crossovers. And Magaosi has just come out with a 6 BA flagship, telling everyone......if you want more bass, just buy this! Lol.
https://penonaudio.com/magaosi-k6.html

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/218/-532680.pdf

I love my Magaosi K5, but with bass heavy music the DM6 is completely required.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #353 of 5,353

Well, and THAT’S what transparency is. And it seems a slight V can still be transparent if done right?

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #354 of 5,353

My 2 cents.
Do you think DM6 and the NW-WM1A is a good combo???

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #355 of 5,353
A notice to all.

I ordered via Aliexpress Audio&Video Professional Store, wasn't sure about the "shady" return shipment message (yes, NOW I understand) so I chatted with Aliexpress help. They advised me to dispute my order (specifically for a refund) and I specifically asked the chat help if Audio&Video Professional Store would get a chance to rebuttal before a refund to which they said yes. Audio&Video Professional Store sent a message saying, we have some, will ship out, then a day later my order was refunded by Aliexpress, thus cancelled. RATS! !!×÷%#!×!^£¥%#^*€! I asked Audio&Video Professional Store to send the IEMs and they said to late, Aliexpress refunded my money.

Now I'm hosed, have Symbio ear tips on the way, new copper cable in hand and DM6 is dead in the water. Careful with your dispute if you really want these as I did and still do.

These were the highlight of my dive into ChiFi.

Fuuu.....dge.
Penon audio had a Red+Blue DM6 in stock until yesterday. Keep an eye on their site. Also, their express shipping is only $10.

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #356 of 5,353
Do you think DM6 and the NW-WM1A is a good combo???

A mind-bending combination. IMO
Balanced wakes them up. IMO

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #357 of 5,353
A notice to all.

I ordered via Aliexpress Audio&Video Professional Store, wasn't sure about the "shady" return shipment message (yes, NOW I understand) so I chatted with Aliexpress help. They advised me to dispute my order (specifically for a refund) and I specifically asked the chat help if Audio&Video Professional Store would get a chance to rebuttal before a refund to which they said yes. Audio&Video Professional Store sent a message saying, we have some, will ship out, then a day later my order was refunded by Aliexpress, thus cancelled. RATS! !!×÷%#!×!^£¥%#^*€! I asked Audio&Video Professional Store to send the IEMs and they said to late, Aliexpress refunded my money.

Now I'm hosed, have Symbio ear tips on the way, new copper cable in hand and DM6 is dead in the water. Careful with your dispute if you really want these as I did and still do.

These were the highlight of my dive into ChiFi.

Fuuu.....dge.

Just order from Penon Audio and join the club.

Dec 7, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #359 of 5,353

I linked to it on the previous page (LINK), but they appear to be out of both the 3.5mm version and the 2.5mm balanced version. They only have the 4.4mm balanced version available. The same company does make a slightly more expensive 16 core pure copper cable (LINK) that is in stock in 3.5mm, 2.5mm and 4.4mm.

Dec 7, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #360 of 5,353
Dumb question, 8 core/16 core what does that all mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back