BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 7, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #363 of 5,353
A copper cable will change the timbre more than anything else.
The tone becomes more life like.
To my ear SPC sounds fake, and very off.
Balanced opens up dynamics.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #364 of 5,353
Dumb question, 8 core/16 core what does that all mean?
It is the number of individual wires used that make up the cable. If you look at these pictures from the links you can see it pretty well I think.

Here you can see that the cable is actually made up of 8 different wires that have been braided together (although it might be a bit difficult to count them):
61K-9qc7R3L._SL1000_.jpg

Here is a picture of the 16 core cable, where you can see the cable is made up of 16 wires braided together. The braid is much tighter as a consequence and it is even harder to count, but you might recognise the braiding pattern and that it has double up:
61ehEs8x2IL._SL1000_.jpg

This does not refer to the thickness of the individual wires, which can vary and is often given as AWG, or American Wire Gauge, or the material of which it is made, it simply refers to how many individual wires are braided together.

Does that help?

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #365 of 5,353
I was so excited to get my DM6 today, but it turns out they were shipped AND delivered to the wrong state... How does this even happen?

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #366 of 5,353
I was so excited to get my DM6 today, but it turns out they were shipped AND delivered to the wrong state... How does this even happen?

You are correct - It is impossible!
Same thing happened to me . . . and others as well. If you go back through the thread you can find similar posts
It seems certain sellers on Aliexpress are sending out fake shipping details instead of just simply communicating that it will take a lot longer to get your earphones than anticipated
due to a much bigger demand than expected :/
By all accounts though.. if you wait you will get them
I dont know why the sellers have been so deceptive

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #368 of 5,353
You are correct - It is impossible!
Same thing happened to me . . . and others as well. If you go back through the thread you can find similar posts
It seems certain sellers on Aliexpress are sending out fake shipping details instead of just simply communicating that it will take a lot longer to get your earphones than anticipated
due to a much bigger demand than expected :/
By all accounts though.. if you wait you will get them
I dont know why the sellers have been so deceptive
What’s the best plan of action for this? If I keep waiting, what proof can they provide that it’ll actually show up?

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #371 of 5,353
What’s the best plan of action for this? If I keep waiting, what proof can they provide that it’ll actually show up?
You can go through the Aliexpress process and get all your money back or just wait
If you go back through the thread you can read others views + those who have received the earphones and decide for yourself whether to wait or get your money back.
Having read this thread I think that its simply a case of
a, the sellers being overwhelmed and
b, some poor decisions from the sellers - perhaps worried about loosing sales or getting a bad reputation ?

Dec 7, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #373 of 5,353
You can go through the Aliexpress process and get all your money back or just wait
If you go back through the thread you can read others views + those who have received the earphones and decide for yourself whether to wait or get your money back.
Having read this thread I think that its simply a case of
a, the sellers being overwhelmed and
b, some poor decisions from the sellers - perhaps worried about loosing sales or getting a bad reputation ?
I can understand being overwhelmed with orders and whatnot, but they should’ve communicated that. Most people would’ve been fine waiting a bit. Oh well, I guess the wait will continue haha. I’m too curious about these IEMs to give up quite yet.

Dec 7, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #375 of 5,353
I can understand being overwhelmed with orders and whatnot, but they should’ve communicated that. .

Banggood has several sellers on Aliexpress. 2 are brothers in-fact. The fake mail stuff is beyond poor form. I have asked the store that sends me stuff what is up? Grabbin the loot is what is up. A concern about fakes is a natural one and if that ever occurred it would likely be the same folks that tell bold face lies. Make a note of these mail scam shops and avoid in the future. If DD-Audio ever does such a thing let me know so I can yell in their ear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back