BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 6, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #331 of 5,353
A notice to all.

I ordered via Aliexpress Audio&Video Professional Store, wasn't sure about the "shady" return shipment message (yes, NOW I understand) so I chatted with Aliexpress help. They advised me to dispute my order (specifically for a refund) and I specifically asked the chat help if Audio&Video Professional Store would get a chance to rebuttal before a refund to which they said yes. Audio&Video Professional Store sent a message saying, we have some, will ship out, then a day later my order was refunded by Aliexpress, thus cancelled. RATS! !!×÷%#!×!^£¥%#^*€! I asked Audio&Video Professional Store to send the IEMs and they said to late, Aliexpress refunded my money.

Now I'm hosed, have Symbio ear tips on the way, new copper cable in hand and DM6 is dead in the water. Careful with your dispute if you really want these as I did and still do.

These were the highlight of my dive into ChiFi.

Fuuu.....dge.

The guy @Ethereal Sound might be selling his. Ask the color and maybe you guys work something out.

Ethereal, I never heard a comment about a treble dip until after a freq graph was posted. I don't hear it. Try pulling down 4Khz by 1dB sometimes odd harmonics with vocals may exist right there

Dec 6, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #332 of 5,353
A notice to all.

I ordered via Aliexpress Audio&Video Professional Store, wasn't sure about the "shady" return shipment message (yes, NOW I understand) so I chatted with Aliexpress help. They advised me to dispute my order (specifically for a refund) and I specifically asked the chat help if Audio&Video Professional Store would get a chance to rebuttal before a refund to which they said yes. Audio&Video Professional Store sent a message saying, we have some, will ship out, then a day later my order was refunded by Aliexpress, thus cancelled. RATS! !!×÷%#!×!^£¥%#^*€! I asked Audio&Video Professional Store to send the IEMs and they said to late, Aliexpress refunded my money.

Now I'm hosed, have Symbio ear tips on the way, new copper cable in hand and DM6 is dead in the water. Careful with your dispute if you really want these as I did and still do.

These were the highlight of my dive into ChiFi.

Fuuu.....dge.
Damn sorry to hear that. Push come to shove, there are more people who want the IEM and are not willing to sacrifice the time already invested in waiting. Shouldnt have rushed into the complaint since it was you who lost in the end

Dec 6, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #334 of 5,353
Wishing i had ex1000 for reference. Would you says that dm6 is tonally a dark signature or balanced?

Exodus by Bob Marley is mixed to put bass front and center and DM6 does.
Tiny Dancer by Elton John puts piano front and center. and DM6 does.
I don't think dark is a word I would use.

A person in another comment asked if T88 were something? I thought for $300+ it would do something quite well and it was very average. Claim to fame is build quality and driver count IMO

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #335 of 5,353
The guy @Ethereal Sound might be selling his. Ask the color and maybe you guys work something out.

Ethereal, I never heard a comment about a treble dip until after a freq graph was posted. I don't hear it. Try pulling down 4Khz by 1dB sometimes odd harmonics with vocals may exist right there
Hi good sir I would like to ask about your opinion on cables if silver or copper really makes a big difference?xD Im planning to buy the same cable that you have...but its silver so is copper better?

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #336 of 5,353
Hi good sir I would like to ask about your opinion on cables if silver or copper really makes a big difference?xD Im planning to buy the same cable that you have...but its silver so is copper better?

I think cable differences come down to resistance. I like copper best and am going to get a copper on for my DM6. All graphs related to cables seem to show a difference in perceived volume but no change to the signature. Might sound louder or quieter but will not "fix" anything IMO.

And hell....some stuff does for no apparent reason, just sound better to the human ear than others and measurement gear be damned.

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #337 of 5,353
I think cable differences come down to resistance. I like copper best and am going to get a copper on for my DM6. All graphs related to cables seem to show a difference in perceived volume but no change to the signature. Might sound louder or quieter but will not "fix" anything IMO.

And hell....some stuff does for no apparent reason, just sound better to the human ear than others and measurement gear be damned.
cool...do you any link of good copper cables?I will also get for the DM6

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #341 of 5,353
Dec 6, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #342 of 5,353
If in the US just buy a 6 or 8 core Kinboofi off Amazon. Solid cables. Solid price and on Amazon Prime.

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #344 of 5,353
DM6 is pretty warm sounding and slightly V shaped.

Exodus by Bob Marley is mixed to put bass front and center and DM6 does.
Tiny Dancer by Elton John puts piano front and center. and DM6 does.
I don't think dark is a word I would use.

A person in another comment asked if T88 were something? I thought for $300+ it would do something quite well and it was very average. Claim to fame is build quality and driver count IMO

Thanks guys. Still very curious about these so I'll keep my order. One of these days I'll get a "just shipped your package" email... lol

edit: oops didn't know how to do multiple quotes...messed that one up

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #345 of 5,353
look at metallurgical's recent reviews of nicehck m6 and bgvp dm6: http://blog.livedoor.jp/headphone_metal/
to him, m6 is spot on, and dm6 is too thick and dark.
the thickness in these last iems is starting to worry me. audbos p4, tenhz p4 pro, bgvp dm6, toneking t88k.. i understand that some thickness, lush, body, warm, "musicality" (i find this term off to define this sound) can be desirable for some vocals and lows rumble. but please, a hint of it is enough. if over-thickened, it sounds slow, creamy, veiled, dull.
i'd wish to find more 6+ BAs iems in the line of toneking t4 (4 BAs), so clear and resolving. i find their vocals more natural than creamy thick vocals. to me, this is what is nearer to musicality, it's my personal preference.

even with stock cable, i wouldn't call the DM6 dark. Thick sounding? yes, but the treble is clear that i don't categorize it as dark.

with that Oyaide cable and the symbios, that thickness is lessen just enough that it's "soupy, but won't choke the throat" kind of way. weird way to put it, but that's what crossed my mind when i wrote this :o2smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back