BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
May 1, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #5,236 of 5,353
It seems there are a few people who have had poor set. BGVP seem to have a QC problem. So I'm lucky to get a good set. It is clear with ChiFi IEMs there is a lot of set variability and often QC problems even with an 'inspected' ticket. In future the only IEMs I'll get from China are cheapo's like Blon's and KBears.
I'm waiting for this,blon Prometheus, i love this shape :
https://images.app.goo.gl/JTU2xe2CWn9oGQVC8

May 2, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #5,238 of 5,353
to increase the high treble, you can replace the stock brown Knowles filter with another
Looks like my NS9 has stock white knowles filter. Is that resistance correct for maximum treble? Is yours stock brown? If so what the heck are BGVP doing?

Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #5,239 of 5,353
I can report that after using these continuously for over 2 weeks, the DDs seemed to have settled down. It seems that some people have been sold 'a pup' as we say in the UK (below standard set), but essentially these are excellent if up to standard. Mine have the white Knowles filter, stock. With Spiral Dots and from the HiBy 4.4mm with the stock cable these are excellent. The second best in my 45 IEM/Bud collection. Exceptional staging and spatials, great sub-bass and bass. Upper mids on point, treble not it's forte but still enough detail to enjoy finer violins etc without the shine of some. There is not much 'shimmer' in the treble unless one has very keen exceptional hearing and can hear the very high spike at about 15k. I don't think my ears hear it fully, maybe on the periphery. An analogue sounding dream machine though.

Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #5,240 of 5,353
It seems there are a few people who have had poor set. BGVP seem to have a QC problem. So I'm lucky to get a good set. It is clear with ChiFi IEMs there is a lot of set variability and often QC problems even with an 'inspected' ticket. In future the only IEMs I'll get from China are cheapo's like Blon's and KBears.
If I’m not mistaken, Dunu is a ChiFi iem manufacturer. Their products are excellent.

May 2, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #5,241 of 5,353
If I’m not mistaken, Dunu is a ChiFi iem manufacturer. Their products are excellent.
Of course. I've never seen complaints regarding Dunu and have a couple of Dunu's myself. But for low end Blon's there seems to be great set variability, BGVP themselves seem to have a bad record. Thieaudio had some QC problems. LZ had MMCX problems. The Urbanfun iss014 was the same. I had a couple of duff KZ's, etc, etc, but you are right, there are some consistently good brands who maintain better supervision of QC....but many problematical IEM/brands as well, often with persistent set variability. Many Western brands are made in China too, but they may push and oversee serious QC consistency.

Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #5,242 of 5,353
I can report that after using these continuously for over 2 weeks, the DDs seemed to have settled down. It seems that some people have been sold 'a pup' as we say in the UK (below standard set), but essentially these are excellent if up to standard. Mine have the white Knowles filter, stock. With Spiral Dots and from the HiBy 4.4mm with the stock cable these are excellent. The second best in my 45 IEM/Bud collection. Exceptional staging and spatials, great sub-bass and bass. Upper mids on point, treble not it's forte but still enough detail to enjoy finer violins etc without the shine of some. There is not much 'shimmer' in the treble unless one has very keen exceptional hearing and can hear the very high spike at about 15k. I don't think my ears hear it fully, maybe on the periphery. An analogue sounding dream machine though.
No sign of sibilance on your set? I have still not ruled out trying my luck and exchanging for another NS9 instead of a refund. The bass is actually pretty good but the rest does still sound awful. All the "S"s and "F"s are messed up and both male and female vocals sound robotic.

May 2, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #5,243 of 5,353
No sign of sibilance on your set? I have still not ruled out trying my luck and exchanging for another NS9 instead of a refund. The bass is actually pretty good but the rest does still sound awful. All the "S"s and "F"s are messed up and both male and female vocals sound robotic.
My NS9 really does sound good, but that's my own taste. No sibilance or even a hint of it. It sounds a bit chancy getting another with the QC. If you got a good one I think it's worth it. What are the odds of getting a bad/good one. Maybe others who got a good one and like it, can advise you whether it's good enough to take a chance. Those of you with a good one....what do you think?

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #5,244 of 5,353
A little advice for those considering the BGVP NS9. There are options to purchase this IEM 3.5mm single ended, 2.5mm balanced or 4.4mm balanced. I have run this IEM a few different ways and would like to share what I hear. I got this with a 2.5mm cable so that I can use adapters to run it 3.5mm or 4.4mm. I have also swapped the cable to a 3.5mm and a 4.4mm cable to check. Running with a 4.4mm adapter from both my HiBy R5 or from my iFi hip-dac the NS9 sounds fantastic. Running from a FiiO Alpen 2, 3.5mm and from a Schiit Modi and my Lenovo computer, it should sound good, but it sounds bland and dull. Having used the 3.5mm too on my HiBy R5 it is clear to me this IEM does not respond to it's capability with 3.5mm. With 4.4mm and a little juice it is a very good IEM indeed and punches way above is price level. It does not sound very good from 3.5mm or a phone, even my Sony Xperia 5ii which is optimised for audio. It needs juice to get a good sound in fact more so than any other IEM that I have. If you are going to run it 3.5mm then think twice before you buy, if you are going to run it balanced 4.4mm, it is some IEM. The source is very important with this IEM.

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #5,245 of 5,353
It seems I have a 'Rogue' BGVP. Unlike everybody else's mine are fantastic. definitely in the top 2 of my countless IEM's. I almost feel 'unlucky' to get the perfect BGVP NS9. Any one else unlucky enough to get a perfect working, quality version?
🤪🎸🪕🪘🎷🎧

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #5,246 of 5,353
Our NS9 Review is now online on the site

https://www.headfonia.com/bgvp-ns9-review/

review-bgvp-ns9-iem-headfonia-17.jpg

May 21, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #5,250 of 5,353
IMG_20210521_214759.jpg

Late to the party with my custom DM8. Also whats with BGVP and its apperent lack of QC, OOB the right connector on the cable is half dead with constant cutting in and out.

That being said just curous, would a SPC or silver cable be better for the DM8 in terms of tightening the imaging? My stock DN2 cable I feel isnt doing it justice.

First impressions is that its a very balanced sounding iem but with a tad too much warmth although I atribute that more to the cable. Hosnestly subbass is even better than when I tried the UIEM version. A s a ciem it comes as a solid sound with rumble instead of the pulse like BA subass I heard with the UIEM version. Works well with pop, rock, speedcore, noise and symphonic metal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back