BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 22, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #5,206 of 5,353
laleeee

The A7 is playing in the same league with the NS9, or its different categories ?

Steve
A7 is all round stronger but that should not distract from the great sound of the NS9. For treble freaks the NS9 may not have the high end energy like the LZ A7, but for mids and bass the NS9 is the business.
Regarding the treble on the BVGP NS9. Like many IEMs we may want to tailor the sound to our liking. The BGVP equalises very well. On the HiBy R5 we have the wonderful MSEB, a systemwide equalisation system. For the NS9 adjusting the 'overall temperature' to 'cool' a couple of clicks, 'note thickness' towards 'crisp'. 'Sibilance' towards 'crisp', etc, etc the treble can be enhanced (there are more settings to play with). On the Amazon HD equaliser, it's possible to up the 14Hz a few decibels to bring some more treble into the mix. As you can see on the graph at 10K the treble has become very quiet it starts to raise again at about 16k but will not be noticeable to many ears. As a result some instruments lack the shimmer and shine, and notes in the treble area can be thicker than those IEMs with a more extended treble. In actual practice because the timbre is so very good it can still match many of the 'screechy trebles'.
As a whole this is really a very good IEM for most music, up there with many above it in it's price range. Very easy to listen to, organic, analogue, full, not boring at all, plenty of emotion and soul in the music and with one of the best soundstages I have heard.....which makes a big difference. For about £100 or so, how do they do it, 2 DDs and 7 Knowles, Sonion, BA's?

BGVP NS9.jpg

Apr 22, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #5,207 of 5,353
Regarding the treble on the BVGP NS9. Like many IEMs we may want to tailor the sound to our liking. The BGVP equalises very well. On the HiBy R5 we have the wonderful MSEB, a systemwide equalisation system. For the NS9 adjusting the 'overall temperature' to 'cool' a couple of clicks, 'note thickness' towards 'crisp'. 'Sibilance' towards 'crisp', etc, etc the treble can be enhanced (there are more settings to play with). On the Amazon HD equaliser, it's possible to up the 14Hz a few decibels to bring some more treble into the mix. As you can see on the graph at 10K the treble has become very quiet it starts to raise again at about 16k but will not be noticeable to many ears. As a result some instruments lack the shimmer and shine, and notes in the treble area can be thicker than those IEMs with a more extended treble. In actual practice because the timbre is so very good it can still match many of the 'screechy trebles'.
As a whole this is really a very good IEM for most music, up there with many above it in it's price range. Very easy to listen to, organic, analogue, full, not boring at all, plenty of emotion and soul in the music and with one of the best soundstages I have heard.....which makes a big difference. For about £100 or so, how do they do it, 2 DDs and 7 Knowles, Sonion, BA's?

BGVP NS9.jpg
What is the Amazon HD equaliser ?

Apr 22, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #5,210 of 5,353
And what about this ? Maybe its give a little sparkle for the NS9's highs.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/10050...&terminal_id=cbd7600948a44884bb55fbbafe6e222d
Actually I have a NiceHCK pure silver cable that I think is MMCX, so you have reminded me of that. Later this evening I'll swap the cable to see what happens to the highs. I don't mind the treble on the NS9 as it is. I've got a few IEM's with good treble extension and the sub-bass, mid-bass, mids, and upper-mids are all so good on the NS9 and for 80% of my music they are a great IEM. I doubt if any IEM can give everything to every music track. I find that even a lovely IEM like the TRi i3 is short in the treble department yet so many people love it's sound. I think that's what happens in this hobby, perfection is always a step further................awayyyy.

Apr 22, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #5,211 of 5,353
Actually I have a NiceHCK pure silver cable that I think is MMCX, so you have reminded me of that. Later this evening I'll swap the cable to see what happens to the highs. I don't mind the treble on the NS9 as it is. I've got a few IEM's with good treble extension and the sub-bass, mid-bass, mids, and upper-mids are all so good on the NS9 and for 80% of my music they are a great IEM. I doubt if any IEM can give everything to every music track. I find that even a lovely IEM like the TRi i3 is short in the treble department yet so many people love it's sound. I think that's what happens in this hobby, perfection is always a step further................awayyyy.
I don't think that my TRi i3 is short in the treble.

Apr 22, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #5,212 of 5,353
to increase the high treble, you can replace the stock brown Knowles filter with another

Attachments

• 20210422_231524.jpg
    20210422_231524.jpg
    621.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210422_231506.jpg
    20210422_231506.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 22, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #5,217 of 5,353
I have also received my NS9 today and so far they feel like absolute trash level. I not even going to resell them but just send back to ali. Bass is bloated with every filter, scene and layering are non existent, dark in a bad way ie not comfy but muddy. This is quite a garbage tier really. Blon BL03 or recent moondrops or some TRNs and KZs are much better than these. Fiio FH3 sounds like an endgame compared to these. In more common words they sound like a cheap beats by dre copy and that comes from a guy who generally likes comfy tuning like old earsonics, westones or sony m7. Don't jump on these , there are models which cost less and sound objectively not subjectively better.

Apr 22, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #5,218 of 5,353
I have also received my NS9 today and so far they feel like absolute trash level. I not even going to resell them but just send back to ali. Bass is bloated with every filter, scene and layering are non existent, dark in a bad way ie not comfy but muddy. This is quite a garbage tier really. Blon BL03 or recent moondrops or some TRNs and KZs are much better than these. Fiio FH3 sounds like an endgame compared to these. In more common words they sound like a cheap beats by dre copy and that comes from a guy who generally likes comfy tuning like old earsonics, westones or sony m7. Don't jump on these , there are models which cost less and sound objectively not subjectively better.
I'm really sorry you got a bad pair. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with all of the sets, my ones have no muddiness are clear and not overwhelmed with bass. I hope you can return them without any problems and get your money back. Such a shame.

Apr 23, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #5,220 of 5,353
Which DAP did you listen to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back