BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 31, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #4,996 of 5,353
Haven't tried B2, but I guess it would come down to DD timbre vs BA detail in the bass. And DM8 seems it would be a bit warmer overall. I'll probably pickup a Dusk B2 at some point tho, B2 seemed it would be too thin/bass light for my tastes.
The B2´s DD is more like a BA actually lol.

Dec 31, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #4,998 of 5,353
ya and the vented Sonion BAs used for bass sounds more like a dynamic.
Quite ironic. Also, the B2´s BA´s are very colored with BA timbre, is the DM8 more like a DD in timbre than the B2 is?

Dec 31, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #4,999 of 5,353
It has some BA timbre but due to the high levels of technicalities. They sound so dimensional BA timbre or not it sounds more dynamic to my ears than the B2. Can't speak for the dusk but I would take the DM8 over the B2 every time.

Jan 2, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #5,000 of 5,353
Does anyone recognise the pink tips that were in the DM8 set? There was just 1 pair with mine.

Nevermind, found them on Ali.
IMAG2197.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #5,001 of 5,353
Does anyone recognise the pink tips that were in the DM8 set? There was just 1 pair with mine.

Nevermind, found them on Ali.
IMAG2197.jpg
I actually prefer this pink tip more than all the other tips that came with the DM8. Best fit and seal.

Jan 3, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #5,002 of 5,353
I actually prefer this pink tip more than all the other tips that came with the DM8. Best fit and seal.
Exactly. Usually I just leave the tips that come with iem in the box and use my trustworthy SpiralDots, FinalE or Azla's. But tips that came with DM8 are phenomenal. And after trying the pink o e I had to buy more. Ordered few extra pairs yesterday.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #5,005 of 5,353
Hello, has anyone had the opportunity to compare the DM8 with the Fiio FH7?

Jan 8, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #5,006 of 5,353
Jan 10, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #5,007 of 5,353
DM8, Penon Orb, or Legacy 4..?

Jan 10, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #5,008 of 5,353
Been listening to these for a couple of days now (wood version). Some comments:
-Cable is heavy, 4.4 adaptor is cumbersome, and ear loops stiffer than I like. Replaced the cable with a 4.4 with minimal ear loops (https://tinyurl.com/y6hp8uyd), much better feel. No difference in sound to my ears, but with MMCX, I'm not cable rolling.
-I think my tips were put on the wrong card holders. From my experience, the larger the hole the more bass. The tips with the DM8 had the large hole on the vocal card, small hole on the bass card.
-Not as warm a sound as I was expecting, but very detailed. I'll get some time on these before switching to the A7 to compare.
-I don't keep iem packaging, and so for storage/organization I had to cut the ends of the cards off to fit in the case. Yes, minor...
-With no wax guards, gotta clean the ears before each use.
-Some reviews have the impedance at 12ohms; the packaging for the DM8 has it at 27ohms. An increase in balanced volume of about 8 units was needed on my M11pro.
-They sound amazing!

Jan 11, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #5,009 of 5,353
Been listening to these for a couple of days now (wood version). Some comments:
-Cable is heavy, 4.4 adaptor is cumbersome, and ear loops stiffer than I like. Replaced the cable with a 4.4 with minimal ear loops (https://tinyurl.com/y6hp8uyd), much better feel. No difference in sound to my ears, but with MMCX, I'm not cable rolling.
-I think my tips were put on the wrong card holders. From my experience, the larger the hole the more bass. The tips with the DM8 had the large hole on the vocal card, small hole on the bass card.
-Not as warm a sound as I was expecting, but very detailed. I'll get some time on these before switching to the A7 to compare.
-I don't keep iem packaging, and so for storage/organization I had to cut the ends of the cards off to fit in the case. Yes, minor...
-With no wax guards, gotta clean the ears before each use.
-Some reviews have the impedance at 12ohms; the packaging for the DM8 has it at 27ohms. An increase in balanced volume of about 8 units was needed on my M11pro.
-They sound amazing!

I see that you have LZ A7, I am facing the choice of DM8 and A7, I am waiting impatiently for the description of impressions and comparison of these 2 iems

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #5,010 of 5,353
Exactly. Usually I just leave the tips that come with iem in the box and use my trustworthy SpiralDots, FinalE or Azla's. But tips that came with DM8 are phenomenal. And after trying the pink o e I had to buy more. Ordered few extra pairs yesterday.

Please could you send me a link/screenshot of these pink tips on AliExpress?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back