BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 4, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #3,421 of 5,353
Always been the case. At night or early hours of morning the hearing sense is heightenied naturally to account for lack of light sensed.

Listening at night with DM6 is EARGASMIC and I found myself accidentally sitting up like an owl till 3am few times. I now try to avoid listening after 10PM.

That’s a good cable and I’m sure you can find impressions of it with DM6 on this thread. It’s physically thicker than an 8 core so keep that in mind. If I recall the impressions correctly it made the sound smoother overall. There is a nice 8 core version of this cable too by NICEHCK.

I think if I was buying a new budget cable now I would get the ISN S8. It was reviewed in this thread by @Palash
Yes ISN Audio S8 is perfect for DM6, even now when buying new DM6 you can choose ISN Audio S8 instead of stock BGVP cable from Penon Audio. I am waiting for a Red & Blue edition of DM6.

Apr 4, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #3,422 of 5,353

can anyone tell if this cable good for DM6?
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...4-4mm-Plug-MMCX-2Pin/1825606_32954926911.html
That’s a good cable and I’m sure you can find impressions of it with DM6 on this thread. It’s physically thicker than an 8 core so keep that in mind. If I recall the impressions correctly it made the sound smoother overall. There is a nice 8 core version of this cable too by NICEHCK.

> I would recommend the cable/s from NICEHCK above others. received what looked like the same cable form another company and it doesn't seem as high quality or sound as good
The 8 core NICEHCK cable in particular was measured & rated as very high quality by someone here on H-fi
EDIT: Ive owned that particular 16 core cable from NICEHCK - Its very good.

@archy121 "Always been the case. At night or early hours of morning the hearing sense is heightenied naturally to account for lack of light sensed."
Hadn't occurred to me before but now you mention it that would make sense . . .* reaches for tea towel to wrap around head* :D

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #3,423 of 5,353
I am about to buy the ISN Audio S8 to replace a $30 Kinboofi brand 8 Core Silver Plated Copper & High Purity Copper Hybrid from Amazon. Should I bother getting it balanced or just get unbalanced? I will be plugging directly into the FiiO M9, which has both 3.5 and 2.5 balanced.

Thanks!!

Apr 4, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #3,425 of 5,353
I am about to buy the ISN Audio S8 to replace a $30 Kinboofi brand 8 Core Silver Plated Copper & High Purity Copper Hybrid from Amazon. Should I bother getting it balanced or just get unbalanced? I will be plugging directly into the FiiO M9, which has both 3.5 and 2.5 balanced.

Thanks!!
Balanced +1
I bought this exact same cable yesterday ...

Apr 4, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #3,426 of 5,353

Thanks!!
I'll second the balanced option. Had this exact same cable (before my LZ A4 OCC one), and it's great bang for buck
20190317_143905-01.jpeg

Apr 4, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #3,428 of 5,353
LZ A4 vs ISN8 impressions ?

I don't want to get involved in a "he said, she said" debate as to whether cables make any real difference, and i want to put it out there that I'm firmly in the @Hawaiibadboy camp of they don't. I bought it out of curiosity (on the basis of a percentage of head-fi'ers recommending a copper cable), and to make up my own mind on whether there would be a difference. It was negligible at best.

So moving on, I'm using the LZ cable purely coz i love the look of it, and it's softer and more flexible than the ISN one. And it's cheaper than the Nicehck one that was rec'd here (At least in the UK). But the ISN cable is excellent for the cost.

Apr 4, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #3,429 of 5,353
I'm using the LZ cable purely coz i love the look of it, and it's softer and more flexible than the ISN one. And it's cheaper than the Nicehck one that was rec'd here (At least in the UK). But the ISN cable is excellent for the cost.

That’s all that was asked for to help others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back