BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 28, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #2,011 of 5,353
I'd just like to share my BGVP DMG story. It's a really great iem, really love the fit, the look and the sound.

However when I got it, I had a problem with the nozzles. :frowning2: Neither of the silver nozzles fit the right earbud, it would get stuck halfway and be a pain to remove.

After much back and forth with my seller about it, he promised to send me the silver nozzles with my next purchase with him, which I did. Fast forward a month, the seller forgot to package the silver nozzles.

I complained, and the platform told me I can claim full refund for the item but I really loved the DMG, so I gave the seller another chance. Another month's wait and luckily, this time he sent me the DMG silver nozzles, and one of the pair fits perfectly so I'm a happy clam.

Prior to receiving the replacement silver nozzles though, I tried to contact BGVP and it was difficult because they don't seem to respond to emails. I managed to contact them via their aliexpress store but they said they can't help and that they don't sell just the silver nozzles. They also said they do not sell the champagne nozzles as well.

In any case, my issue is resolved already, and I am happy that I can finally have my choice of filters between the three stock ones. Just sharing this coz I feel that QC for BGVP needs to be even better, because my item had that stamped paper of QC and it was meaningless as my DMG had issues right out of the box.

Gratuitous picture of my DMG with the silver on.
IMG_20190128_233223.jpg

Jan 28, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #2,012 of 5,353
Two latest additions. Finally received my DM6 over the weekend. Not a believer in BA burn-in, but the highs have settled in nicely now. Out of the box highs were very tinny and unbearable. The stock cables were crap, MMCX does not click in on the left side and braids are inconsistent. MH755 is dope out of the box. What a gem. Now, I have to go find the sony IEM included with W700 walkman phone.

how many hours until the highs settled

Jan 28, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #2,013 of 5,353
I'm of the opinion that most IEMs people are coming from just have less treble than the DM6s, strange peak or not (that would only reenforce it), so it takes a minute for the brain to adjust.

Jan 28, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #2,014 of 5,353
I would say 8-10 Hrs. Left it playing on my M0, until it ran out of battery. I’m coming from IE800 and HD700, they all have their share of treble spikes. But, DM6’s treble was definitely tinny and lacked weight - out of the box. Tried it for 30 mins after unboxing - changed cables, tips, sources, nothing worked.

Jan 28, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #2,015 of 5,353
Two latest additions. Finally received my DM6 over the weekend. Not a believer in BA burn-in, but the highs have settled in nicely now. Out of the box highs were very tinny and unbearable. The stock cables were crap, MMCX does not click in on the left side and braids are inconsistent. MH755 is dope out of the box. What a gem. Now, I have to go find the sony IEM included with W700 walkman phone.
Right on! I got the whiteys too!

Jan 28, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #2,017 of 5,353
What's your opinion on cymbals? I find them kinda fake to be honest. That's my biggest gripe with the DM6.

I honestly felt exactly the same way when I first listened to the DM6, however I have 40+ hours on them and cymbols sound very good to me now. I have never had that experience with any other IEM but (as others have also noted) the DM6 tends to sound harsh right out of the box and after some time they settle down nicely (YMMV). Just my opinion... I’m listening with New Bee silicone tips, the standard silver plated cable, nano iDSD BL and iPhone X.

Jan 28, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #2,018 of 5,353
I honestly felt exactly the same way when I first listened to the DM6, however I have 40+ hours on them and cymbols sound very good to me now. I have never had that experience with any other IEM but (as others have also noted) the DM6 tends to sound harsh right out of the box and after some time they settle down nicely (YMMV). Just my opinion... I’m listening with New Bee silicone tips, the standard silver plated cable, nano iDSD BL and iPhone X.
I bought these used, they have approximately 70 hours on them. Source is ZX300, cable is OCC pure copper, so I don't believe further burn-in will change things. The treble in not at all piercing, just sounds wrong to me, especially cymbals and sometimes drums.

Jan 28, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #2,019 of 5,353

Which cable are you using on your DM6?

Jan 28, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #2,020 of 5,353
How much time have you out on them? Might just need some more brain burn-in.

Cymbals do sound a little strange to me, fwiw, but I'm coming from an IEM with *extremely* rolled-off treble.

Jan 29, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #2,023 of 5,353
I'd just like to share my BGVP DMG story. It's a really great iem, really love the fit, the look and the sound.

However when I got it, I had a problem with the nozzles. :frowning2: Neither of the silver nozzles fit the right earbud, it would get stuck halfway and be a pain to remove.

After much back and forth with my seller about it, he promised to send me the silver nozzles with my next purchase with him, which I did. Fast forward a month, the seller forgot to package the silver nozzles.

I complained, and the platform told me I can claim full refund for the item but I really loved the DMG, so I gave the seller another chance. Another month's wait and luckily, this time he sent me the DMG silver nozzles, and one of the pair fits perfectly so I'm a happy clam.

Prior to receiving the replacement silver nozzles though, I tried to contact BGVP and it was difficult because they don't seem to respond to emails. I managed to contact them via their aliexpress store but they said they can't help and that they don't sell just the silver nozzles. They also said they do not sell the champagne nozzles as well.

In any case, my issue is resolved already, and I am happy that I can finally have my choice of filters between the three stock ones. Just sharing this coz I feel that QC for BGVP needs to be even better, because my item had that stamped paper of QC and it was meaningless as my DMG had issues right out of the box.

Gratuitous picture of my DMG with the silver on.

love the silver nozzles on the DMG too

I have the same cable, it feels so supple lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back