BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 29, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #2,041 of 5,353
@MAK1975 Thanks for the rec and I’m already using it since day one of owning LG.
Shame Tidal doesn’t allow UAPP to playback offline tracks as it can correctly play 44k ones without upsampling.

Tidal app interface is nicer than UAPP for its streaming tracks and than they bodge it up with upsampling. All none upsampled MQA tracks sound great of course.

Looks like you are using an extension lead to enable AUX mode ?

I ended up rooting the LG this weekend so I can ditch using additional adapters to enable the Aux mode. Root Mod works well.

@mr.karmalicious only 16/44 tracks suffer. Would love to hear a comparison of sound quality by someone with LG V30 and the USB C Apple adapter attached.

Agree on UAPP, I figured you knew about it. The app has nice playback capability, but Tidal has the better interface and search capability. Plus of course Offline when you don't have a WiFi or a solid LTE connection. Too bad UAPP can't play Tidal Offline tracks.

I have not rooted my V30, but it would be nice to not have to plug in the aux cable and always trick my phone into high impedance mode. I'll have to look into that as I have an unlocked V30.

With my DM6, I am using an LZ A4 OCC crystal copper cable with 2.5mm balanced termination that I ordered from Penon Audio to pair with the DM6. Very nice quality cable. Then I have the short 2.5mm to 3.5mm pigtail cable plugging into my V30.

I have never noticed much difference with cables affecting sound besides volume changes.

To me good quality cables provide a solid signal, should remain tangle free, and look nice. Beyond that I don't hear much difference in sound quality.

I'm currently using the Symbios W peel (defoamed) tips from Hungary and they provide a very balanced/clean sound. Not hearing the siblance in the treble like I do with the JVC spiral dots and getting very tight/clean bass. A little less bass than with the stock tips, but the Symbios Peel fit better and stay in my ears. The regular foam Symbio tips brought the midrange forward and created a very narrow soundstage. Very beautiful midrange, but the foam really kills the bass. Silicone tips give me the most balanced and pleasing sound.

Purchased my DM6 from Linsoul before the order frenzy in November and I don't have a pair that has hot treble. Mine seem to sound like HBB's set and are non-fatiguing. I can listen to them for several hours without any problems.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #2,043 of 5,353
Agree on UAPP, I figured you knew about it. The app has nice playback capability, but Tidal has the better interface and search capability. Plus of course Offline when you don't have a WiFi or a solid LTE connection. Too bad UAPP can't play Tidal Offline tracks.

I have not rooted my V30, but it would be nice to not have to plug in the aux cable and always trick my phone into high impedance mode. I'll have to look into that as I have an unlocked V30.

With my DM6, I am using an LZ A4 OCC crystal copper cable with 2.5mm balanced termination that I ordered from Penon Audio to pair with the DM6. Very nice quality cable. Then I have the short 2.5mm to 3.5mm pigtail cable plugging into my V30.

I have never noticed much difference with cables affecting sound besides volume changes.

To me good quality cables provide a solid signal, should remain tangle free, and look nice. Beyond that I don't hear much difference in sound quality.

I'm currently using the Symbios W peel (defoamed) tips from Hungary and they provide a very balanced/clean sound. Not hearing the siblance in the treble like I do with the JVC spiral dots and getting very tight/clean bass. A little less bass than with the stock tips, but the Symbios Peel fit better and stay in my ears. The regular foam Symbio tips brought the midrange forward and created a very narrow soundstage. Very beautiful midrange, but the foam really kills the bass. Silicone tips give me the most balanced and pleasing sound.

Purchased my DM6 from Linsoul before the order frenzy in November and I don't have a pair that has hot treble. Mine seem to sound like HBB's set and are non-fatiguing. I can listen to them for several hours without any problems.
Interesting that you mention your DM6 that you ordered in November as not having hot treble. I also ordered mine (and sent) in November and mine does not have hot treble. In fact, I think mine have diminished treble ( @Kitechaser ) might say the same thing. I wonder if there are actually 2 tunings out there? Not to stoke conspiracy theories or anything, but there does seem to be a disparity in listening experiences from the time periods. I’ve been trying to gain some highs back with varying degrees of success (cable and tip rolling). Tonight I decided to block the bass ports just hear what the mid and high drivers on mine were actually doing. I found that they are pretty clear sounding and pretty well balanced in the trebles and mids. I decided to drop some foam down the bass ports and they are now more evenly balanced (for my tastes) and have gained the “clarity that i’d Been seeking. Not quite perfect (I still have to EQ a small bit in the treble/mid) to make the sound really balanced. I’d really love to hear one of the newer ones to see if my suspicion is correct.
Anyone with a new one, can you look down the bass port and see a small black tube after the driver in the clear tube? Does it have a gold disc in it? That’s what mine has. I wonder if the new ones have another filter in there? Get your magnifying glasses on....

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #2,044 of 5,353
Yes. It is easy to check if they have dampened the effect of the treble BA drivers in the recent ones. Just check for dampers in the sound tube and post the color you see. FYI for people who don't know how dampers look, here is a picture. They are placed in the sound tubes.

Dampers.png

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #2,045 of 5,353
Yes. It is easy to check if they have dampened the effect of the treble BA drivers in the recent ones. Just check for dampers in the sound tube and post the color you see. FYI for people who don't know how dampers look, here is a picture. They are placed in the sound tubes.

That’s cool. I would say that my DM6 has a yellow one in the bass tube and none on the treble/mid tube.

Jan 30, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #2,046 of 5,353

best bet is for the transparent version owners to gives us confirmation on this

Jan 30, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #2,047 of 5,353
That’s cool. I would say that my DM6 has a yellow one in the bass tube and none on the treble/mid tube.

Can you please upload photo as I’m not sure where I should be looking. I have the transparent clear one which was dispatched beginning of January.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #2,049 of 5,353
Interesting that you mention your DM6 that you ordered in November as not having hot treble. I also ordered mine (and sent) in November and mine does not have hot treble. In fact, I think mine have diminished treble ( @Kitechaser ) might say the same thing. I wonder if there are actually 2 tunings out there? Not to stoke conspiracy theories or anything, but there does seem to be a disparity in listening experiences from the time periods. I’ve been trying to gain some highs back with varying degrees of success (cable and tip rolling). Tonight I decided to block the bass ports just hear what the mid and high drivers on mine were actually doing. I found that they are pretty clear sounding and pretty well balanced in the trebles and mids. I decided to drop some foam down the bass ports and they are now more evenly balanced (for my tastes) and have gained the “clarity that i’d Been seeking. Not quite perfect (I still have to EQ a small bit in the treble/mid) to make the sound really balanced. I’d really love to hear one of the newer ones to see if my suspicion is correct.
Anyone with a new one, can you look down the bass port and see a small black tube after the driver in the clear tube? Does it have a gold disc in it? That’s what mine has. I wonder if the new ones have another filter in there? Get your magnifying glasses on....

Mine is clear blue so i should see what's inside, today will check at home. Because my dm6 was from the last batch that A/v received at the beginning of January and has really has "hot treble". Hot and at the beginning of sibilance. Depends on the songs, but song that has more treble and especcialy voices when saying sss, there is "hot" there. So very interesting to check, perhaps BGVP changed something in the later batches when comparing with HBB sample or others before this all craziness.

Jan 30, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #2,051 of 5,353
Not sure but looking down into nozzle i see green fwiw.

My set does not have hot treble.The EX1000 does. It's still my personal favorite Chi-fi IEM. The Q.C. or possibility of it made me change my rec list.

same. never find the DM6 treble to be troublesome. mid treble was a bit weird with the stock cables, but never sibilant or grating treble. I've tried my friend's EX1000 for a week when i was lusting for it, and i found that i could only stand using it for 20 minutes because of the treble. DM6? i can wear it all day.

Jan 30, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #2,052 of 5,353
Not sure but looking down into nozzle i see green fwiw.

My set does not have hot treble.The EX1000 does.

Just thinking of EX1000 gives me earache.

Green is all i can see down the nozzles too and mine is Jan batch from AV. So the filter theory might not hold .

For me leaving the the iem to burn in close to 50hrs helped smooth it out. Hardly any listening inbetween so unlikely brain burn.

Bgvp occ cable is on order and hopefully that will smooth it just that little more.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #2,054 of 5,353
What dap would you recommend to pair with dm6 for under 100?

I managed to pickup a used LG v30 with a hairline scratch for £100. Maybe an option if you need a backup phone and don’t mind a used one.

Sounds good with DM6 especially the HiRes material.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #2,055 of 5,353
- post removed for convenience -

Attachments

• PocketNow_Axon7_soundtest.png
    PocketNow_Axon7_soundtest.png
    930.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PocketNow_Axon7_soundtestLoudness.png
    PocketNow_Axon7_soundtestLoudness.png
    763.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread