BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 18, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #1,682 of 5,353
Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #1,685 of 5,353
ZX300A is 375 on joybuy. Still I think.

Trying to avoid going down the slippery path of forever spending more to get better. Been there and done it in the HiFi audio world.

I recently bought a LG V30 to use as a dedicated DAP for streaming Tidal with full unfolding MQA and DSD/HiRes local file playback. Loving the LDAC BT from it. Lack of balance output from the LG is the only thing that makes me itch a little.

So far its keeping me content and I’m looking forward to seeing how the DM6 performs with it.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #1,686 of 5,353
Someone heard hiss with dm6 when not playing file? My source is fiio k3 dac conected with usb cable to desktop pc. When using dm6 i hear very small hiss (bacground noise) in silence. I haven't received this when using other not so sensitive headphones or iems. As k3 is known as having very black bacground. I don't know if it's my source problem. So very intereted in your guys experience with different sources. Forhaps dm6 are so sensitive that they shows hiss even other doesn't . Is it so with your sources? If yes then i will need to invest to such things as ifi ear buddy attenuator.

no hiss on my stuffs: BlueDAC, ES100, Ipod Classic, and straight from my Note8

Jan 18, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #1,687 of 5,353
Trying to avoid going down the slippery path of forever spending more to get better. Been there and done it in the HiFi audio world.

I recently bought a LG V30 to use as a dedicated DAP for streaming Tidal with full unfolding MQA and DSD/HiRes local file playback. Loving the LDAC BT from it.

So far its keeping me content and I’m looking forward to seeing how the DM6 performs with it.
The way I see it, I already have the ZX300, and I'll probably end up getting the WM1A, a bit down the road.
The ZX300 is the best bang for your buck, the thing is quality.
For the vast vast vast majority of people, this is as high up the DAP chain as you need to go, and you'd be surprised how much in AB testing this thing holds up it own weight, even against 4000 dollar daps.
I happen to also have the CL2, and synergy with the WM1A is hard to ignore :)
But on most iems, the difference is hardly worth an extra 600 dollars (or with ZX300A 800 dollars)
Buy quality once, and save your money on repeat purchases is my motto.
But I am sure the DM6 will pair well with the V30, it is not hard to drive. Hope it works out well.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #1,688 of 5,353
But I am sure the DM6 will pair well with the V30, it is not hard to drive. Hope it works out well.

Good motto.
I’m loving the LG right now. I have it streaming Diana Krall from Tidal at MQA 24/192 and it’s doing the job sweet. Not many top end DAP’s can do this as well.

Bigger smile on my face is because I have just tracked my DM6 and it’s in the UK after being missing for weeks :D

Time to order the obligatory OCC cable. Cheap NiceHK High Purity Cooper Vs BGVP OCC ? Got to decide now.

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #1,689 of 5,353
The way I see it, I already have the ZX300, and I'll probably end up getting the WM1A, a bit down the road.
The ZX300 is the best bang for your buck, the thing is quality.
For the vast vast vast majority of people, this is as high up the DAP chain as you need to go, and you'd be surprised how much in AB testing this thing holds up it own weight, even against 4000 dollar daps.
I happen to also have the CL2, and synergy with the WM1A is hard to ignore :)
But on most iems, the difference is hardly worth an extra 600 dollars (or with ZX300A 800 dollars)

I totally agree the ZX300 is all that’s needed. And.....it’s all subjective but I was surprised by the drop going down from the ZX300 in the Sony line.

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #1,690 of 5,353
ZX300A is 375 on joybuy. Still I think.

I’m pretty sure that’s gone and not an option any longer, though they do show up used in the for-sale section.

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #1,691 of 5,353
Good motto.
I’m loving the LG right now. I have it streaming Diana Krall from Tidal at MQA 24/192 and it’s doing the job sweet. Not many top end DAP’s can do this as well.

Bigger smile on my face is because I have just tracked my DM6 and it’s in the UK after being missing for weeks :D

Time to order the obligatory OCC cable. Cheap NiceHK High Purity Cooper Vs BGVP OCC ? Got to decide now.

get the copper

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #1,692 of 5,353
No hiss with Sony WM1A, and after 40+ hours they have really settled down. Excellent iem.
The 1A and DM6 after 40 hours is heaven. IMO

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #1,693 of 5,353
My dm6 has paired well with the Opus #1. What is more important is the quality of the music files. The dap and iem are somewhat neutral/transparent imo. I have put together a new playlist with music focused purely on good recordings. No hiss whatsoever using SE and stock cable. dead silent whether it is on high/med/low gain.

Just wondering if anyone paired them with an amp + dap combo.

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #1,694 of 5,353
The 1A and DM6 after 40 hours is heaven. IMO
The soundstage width and depth are definitely better on the WM1A.
It is very apparent on the CL2, have not tested the DM6 on it though. (Though I am guessing the 1A is a better pairing than the 1Z)
I prefer both over the WM1Z, I like transparency and clarity over textures and layering.
Yes agreed, it is very much a matter of taste :)

Edit: have to admit I am a bit biased because the 1Z makes my CL2 harsh sounding. That's my baby :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #1,695 of 5,353
20190118_191424.jpg
20190118_191235.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back