BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 19, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #1,711 of 5,353
Bought a pair of DM6 just out of curiosity in order to check what all this hype is about. I was never believer in “chi-fi-less-then-200-orwhatever-buck-iem” miracle.

Oh boy, I was mistaken. Out of the box these are most comfortable iems I own/owned - several Campfires (still own Andromedas), Sennheisers,
AKGs and Ibasso. Stock tips gave me excellent fit still will be experimenting with Symbios and Spiral Dots. I do like my green Andromedas, but
their fit is only satisfactory. DM6’s build quality very good, but subpar to CAs and Sennheisers, and actually better then Hifiman.

Using them with Sony WM1A and CA Litz 4.4mm cable. Music mainly non-orchestra classical, jazz and acoustic. Technically these are for sure not
the best iems I have but they do rock in terms of giving me the highest level of music engagement. IMHO they hit deeper then Andromedas (but quality of bass may be slightly lesser), wider and deeper sound stage (sometimes I feel too wide, but I can easily live with it) and instruments positioning is much more accurate. They much less efficient then Andromedas for sure.

Long story short, in past 3 days not a single time I wanted to put Andromedas in my ears. DM6 DO cost every single penny of 185 dollars I paid for them.
May be after “honeymoon” period I will be changing my opinion, but as of today I don’t want anymore to buy CA Solaris which I was dreaming of. And yes, I am going to buy one more pair of DM6 (custom one).
Try a pure copper cable if you have it. Brings them to a whole other level for me :)

Jan 19, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #1,712 of 5,353
the DM6 is currently my most used wired iem. i am a treble and detail freak, and while my Kanas and more so my EM2 has more intense detail retrieval, the DM6 is just more pleasant and still gives me nice details and not being muddy across the board.

it also fits like a ciem in my ears as it locks perfectly.

after I'm using it with oyaide cable (i still don't know what it was made of.. copper? silver? i don't care) everything is just right: i always like BA bass better than DD, and the DM6 gives me that but as a rumble and slam that rivals DD, mids is a bit back like a big headphone, but still articulate and clear, and the treble is crisp and detailed, but have that warm tube amp feel to it and never sibilant or piercing.

this and my B5+ is my favorite iem for long hours listening sessions

Jan 19, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #1,713 of 5,353
Bought a pair of DM6 just out of curiosity in order to check what all this hype is about. I was never believer in “chi-fi-less-then-200-orwhatever-buck-iem” miracle.

Oh boy, I was mistaken. Out of the box these are most comfortable iems I own/owned - several Campfires (still own Andromedas), Sennheisers,
AKGs and Ibasso. Stock tips gave me excellent fit still will be experimenting with Symbios and Spiral Dots. I do like my green Andromedas, but
their fit is only satisfactory. DM6’s build quality very good, but subpar to CAs and Sennheisers, and actually better then Hifiman.

Using them with Sony WM1A and CA Litz 4.4mm cable. Music mainly non-orchestra classical, jazz and acoustic. Technically these are for sure not
the best iems I have but they do rock in terms of giving me the highest level of music engagement. IMHO they hit deeper then Andromedas (but quality of bass may be slightly lesser), wider and deeper sound stage (sometimes I feel too wide, but I can easily live with it) and instruments positioning is much more accurate. They much less efficient then Andromedas for sure.

Long story short, in past 3 days not a single time I wanted to put Andromedas in my ears. DM6 DO cost every single penny of 185 dollars I paid for them.
May be after “honeymoon” period I will be changing my opinion, but as of today I don’t want anymore to buy CA Solaris which I was dreaming of. And yes, I am going to buy one more pair of DM6 (custom one).
89280E1D-61E4-4799-9387-8FF2925642F1.gif

Jan 19, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #1,715 of 5,353
Has anyone tried listening through valcuum tube amp? It sounds great on my Audioromy M6v6 amp.
IMG_20190119_223102.jpg

Jan 20, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #1,716 of 5,353
Trying to avoid going down the slippery path of forever spending more to get better. Been there and done it in the HiFi audio world.

I recently bought a LG V30 to use as a dedicated DAP for streaming Tidal with full unfolding MQA and DSD/HiRes local file playback. Loving the LDAC BT from it. Lack of balance output from the LG is the only thing that makes me itch a little.

So far its keeping me content and I’m looking forward to seeing how the DM6 performs with it.

Take a look at the Earstudio ES100, it has both 3.5mm and 2.5mm balanced outputs and sounds really good with close to the same signature of the quad DAC in my LG G7. You won't be sorry, I listen to mine hours a day.

https://www.amazon.com/EarStudio-ES100-24bit-High-Resolution-Bluetooth-Unbalanced/dp/B078H4YD2L

Jan 20, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #1,717 of 5,353
Is there a way to make sure the cable I bought is truly made of "pure copper"?

(scientific wise)

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #1,718 of 5,353
Take a look at the Earstudio ES100, it has both 3.5mm and 2.5mm balanced outputs and sounds really good with close to the same signature of the quad DAC in my LG G7. You won't be sorry, I listen to mine hours a day.

https://www.amazon.com/EarStudio-ES100-24bit-High-Resolution-Bluetooth-Unbalanced/dp/B078H4YD2L

Thanks mate but I just bought the FIIO BT3 instead at a fraction of the ES100 price. I was contemplating between the two and than a sale offer came up that I couldn’t refuse.
BT3 sounds great with LG V30 using LDAC and I hear no real difference between using it and a direct wired headphones up to 24/96. As a bonus I use it with my TV too without audio sync issues.

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #1,720 of 5,353
Wonder if anyone's tried this cable on sale right now: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...l?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.45.1d26129cWAEi35
seems like a great deal if it is really a balanced copper cable.
I have the 3.5mm all copper and sounds great. Just ordered the 4.4mm for when I get the Hiby R6 pro.

Jan 20, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #1,722 of 5,353
Thanks mate but I just bought the FIIO BT3 instead at a fraction of the ES100 price. I was contemplating between the two and than a sale offer came up that I couldn’t refuse.
BT3 sounds great with LG V30 using LDAC and I hear no real difference between using it and a direct wired headphones up to 24/96. As a bonus I use it with my TV too without audio sync issues.
Nice, I've heard it sounds great, I was just offering you a way to get balanced output out of the V30.

Jan 20, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #1,723 of 5,353
Nice, I've heard it sounds great, I was just offering you a way to get balanced output out of the V30.

Hmm ..so I would connect V30 to ES100 over LDAC and than use its balance out ?

Would this setup not bypass the QDAC of the V30 Also meaning no Tidal MQA unfolding ?

Jan 20, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #1,725 of 5,353
Hmm ..so I would connect V30 to ES100 over LDAC and than use its balance out ?

Would this setup not bypass the QDAC of the V30 Also meaning no Tidal MQA unfolding ?

Yes it probably would but it still sounds amazing using local files through UAPP and high quality from Spotify so I am sure that Tidal would sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back