BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 18, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #1,666 of 5,353
For that amount you could of got a set of impressions done and gone custom :)

The tips were purchased for other IEMs., vsonics, Earsonic, Fidue, to name a few, not solely for the DM6 :).

Jan 18, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #1,667 of 5,353
+1 this for DMG as well.

I just received some free KZ Stars, and I was curious as to what effect they would have so I plugged them on my DMGs (which usually wear Spinfits are Final E) and it'a like I'm wearing a completely different set of iems. It doesn't isolate as well as the other two, but it does reduce bass by quite a bit (the Final E seem to increase base by a lot) which makes the usual mid bass that can sometimes bleed sound so much cleaner. It seems to make it more susceptible to treble peaks but, this is pretty fun and interesting. :D

I’ve only been into IEMs for 10 years and I’m in no way an expert, but I’ve never seen an IEM change to this level with simply a change of tips.

It goes without saying that’s there is a possibility some folks haven’t even found the best sound for themselves.

Jan 18, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #1,668 of 5,353
I’ve only been into IEMs for 10 years and I’m in no way an expert, but I’ve never seen an IEM change to this level with simply a change of tips.

It goes without saying that’s there is a possibility some folks haven’t even found the best sound for themselves.
Haha, I'm trying to tip roll again with my DMGs to see why it occurred and I think I have an idea.

I think the front nozzle is getting slightly blocked with the other tips, while the KZ Stars have a really really wide opening. When I push in the earbuds in my ear, they don't get accidentally blocked so that's why it sounds clearer... which kinda sucks for me, since it's taking a while to find the perfect fit with the other tips so that they don't block the hole accidentally. The Final E has a really tiny opening, which might possibly be why it gets an unintentional bass boost when it gets accidentally blocked. I'll need to take a lot more time putting the buds in and out of my ears to ensure they don't get blocked with the other tips >.<

Sorry, I was just too excited with the sensation with the KZ Stars 'opening' up the sound that I posted immediately without checking why :) I'll try to be more careful next time... The KZ Stars do seem to improve the treble extension, and the bass is really still there, just a bit cleaner, but not as drastic a change as I first implied.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #1,669 of 5,353
Haha, I'm trying to tip roll again with my DMGs to see why it occurred and I think I have an idea.

I think the front nozzle is getting slightly blocked with the other tips, while the KZ Stars have a really really wide opening. When I push in the earbuds in my ear, they don't get accidentally blocked so that's why it sounds clearer... which kinda sucks for me, since it's taking a while to find the perfect fit with the other tips so that they don't block the hole accidentally. The Final E has a really tiny opening, which might possibly be why it gets an unintentional bass boost when it gets accidentally blocked. I'll need to take a lot more time putting the buds in and out of my ears to ensure they don't get blocked with the other tips >.<

Sorry, I was just too excited with the sensation with the KZ Stars 'opening' up the sound that I posted immediately without checking why :) I'll try to be more careful next time... The KZ Stars do seem to improve the treble extension, and the bass is really still there, just a bit cleaner, but not as drastic a change as I first implied.

B235471D-EB79-44F2-9FEC-41936195C713.gif

Jan 18, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #1,670 of 5,353
After some days listening about the DM6, they sound good but they aren't exactly the sound signature that I prefer
I have increased bass (with the silver cable) about 6db, decreased Midbass 2db, increased mids 2db, decreased the 6.5-8.5khz range about 3db (they were a bit painful) and increased 16khz 5db. With this modifications, I really love the iems xD.
btw, the Sony A55 has some DSD included songs that are awesome-sounding

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #1,671 of 5,353
Someone heard hiss with dm6 when not playing file? My source is fiio k3 dac conected with usb cable to desktop pc. When using dm6 i hear very small hiss (bacground noise) in silence. I haven't received this when using other not so sensitive headphones or iems. As k3 is known as having very black bacground. I don't know if it's my source problem. So very intereted in your guys experience with different sources. Forhaps dm6 are so sensitive that they shows hiss even other doesn't . Is it so with your sources? If yes then i will need to invest to such things as ifi ear buddy attenuator.

Jan 18, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #1,672 of 5,353
After some days listening about the DM6, they sound good but they aren't exactly the sound signature that I prefer
I have increased bass (with the silver cable) about 6db, decreased Midbass 2db, increased mids 2db, decreased the 6.5-8.5khz range about 3db (they were a bit painful) and increased 16khz 5db. With this modifications, I really love the iems xD.
btw, the Sony A55 has some DSD included songs that are awesome-sounding
For me also default treble of dm6 is too much a little. But i don't have cooper cable yet and they burnned in only 7 hours. So i think it should calm down after some time. But this is armature so don't hope for much. I dont like use digital equalizers as prefer sounding direct way.

Jan 18, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #1,673 of 5,353
Someone heard hiss with dm6 when not playing file? My source is fiio k3 dac conected with usb cable to desktop pc. When using dm6 i hear very small hiss (bacground noise) in silence. I haven't received this when using other not so sensitive headphones or iems. As k3 is known as having very black bacground. I don't know if it's my source problem. So very intereted in your guys experience with different sources. Forhaps dm6 are so sensitive that they shows hiss even other doesn't . Is it so with your sources? If yes then i will need to invest to such things as ifi ear buddy attenuator.

No hiss on anything I own.

Sony TA desktop
Sony 1A
Sony 1Z
IPod Touch 6th Generation
FiiO Alpen 2 E17K DAC

Jan 18, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #1,674 of 5,353

yup I hear a hiss on my Cayin n5iiS

also on my Nintendo Switch lol

Cayin said it was because the DM6 has a high sensitivity, 120+ db something? , so I bought an iFI IEMatch and it works

Jan 18, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #1,677 of 5,353
Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #1,678 of 5,353
No hiss on anything I own.

Sony TA desktop
Sony 1A
Sony 1Z
IPod Touch 6th Generation
FiiO Alpen 2 E17K DAC
Hmm, i believe that sony is better with background noise but fioo k3 is much later device than e17ek and still with dm6 the hiss is noticable. Very very
You could try this cheaper 20 OHM adapter solution.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/172203872220

Possibly more robust than IFI as no cable part to become weak and faulty.
Thanks, possibly this is what i am looking for, cheap and efective. 20 ohm.

Jan 18, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #1,679 of 5,353
Hmm, i believe that sony is better with background noise but fioo k3 is much later device than e17ek and still with dm6 the hiss is noticable. Very very

Thanks, possibly this is what i am looking for, cheap and efective. 20 ohm.
Zero hiss on the Sony ZX300

Users who are viewing this thread

Back