BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 9, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #1,411 of 5,353
Jan 10, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #1,413 of 5,353
I use THIS cable from Amazon, it's an 8 core OFC Copper/Silver Plated Copper hybrid and it sounds great. Plus, they have 3.5mm as well as 2.5mm and 4.4mm balanced versions.

Here are some pics I posted before:
I use the pure copper version of that cable with it01 ( waiting for DM6) and they sound great. Thirty bucks on Amazon

Jan 10, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #1,414 of 5,353
Getting the feeling I'm gonna be the last person to receive them :alien:

Jan 10, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #1,417 of 5,353
Jan 10, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #1,419 of 5,353
Naah, that would be me. :dt880smile: jk.

But, apparently Michaelchan has shipped mine, finally. But, just as I've speculated, he is using some weird "shipping" method (or at least, it's the first time I've experienced it). I've paid for Aliexpress Standard Shipping, but it looks like he is using China Post Air Mail, or at least using it for transportation inside China, after which it probably gets to a place, from where it actually is sent for international shipping. That's me speculating though, so, I would like to ask those of you that already received your IEMs from the Audio&Video Professional Store (or any of the other stores operated by Michaelchan), to describe how the whole process went for you. Just to be sure. There is a possibility, that they might have been shipped from BGVP directly as well, as some of you suggested.
Mine where shipped directly from BGVP, bought from A&V. Standard shipping turned out to be China Post (which I have a preference for to the UK), it was trackable from my local mail delivery and from EMS. Mine showed as shipped on 29/12 and didn't really track well until it was received in country on 06/01. Cleared customs within an hour and was out for delivery 2 days later.

I've had nothing but good experiences with China Post (EMS).

Jan 10, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #1,420 of 5,353
Is that opinion with stock cable ?

With stock DM6 copper cable and Fiio LC-2.5B (balanced sounds cleaner accross the entire audio range), against The Velvet V2 I use Null Audio balanced cables.

Jan 10, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #1,421 of 5,353

But, apparently Michaelchan has shipped mine, finally. But, just as I've speculated, he is using some weird "shipping" method (or at least, it's the first time I've experienced it). I've paid for Aliexpress Standard Shipping, but it looks like he is using China Post Air Mail, or at least using it for transportation inside China, after which it probably gets to a place, from where it actually is sent for international shipping. That's me speculating though, so, I would like to ask those of you that already received your IEMs from the Audio&Video Professional Store (or any of the other stores operated by Michaelchan), to describe how the whole process went for you. Just to be sure. There is a possibility, that they might have been shipped from BGVP directly as well, as some of you suggested.
Mine also shipping with china post. But i don't care how it goes, as it will reach the destination some day. Also ordered standart shipping, but as first tracking was fake we all know why, this one looks real. So now just waiting.

Jan 10, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #1,422 of 5,353
Yeah, @Hawaiibadboy mentioned he had similar experience the first time he heard the DM6, but in the vocals. Many people also reported in their initial impressions, that something weird was going on, but not long after, it seems that it all fixed itself. This is the video I'm talking about:

If the time stamp link doesn't work properly, the point where he talks about it is exactly at 11:57 mark.

yeah, I was dissapointed at a first time but every time I listen to them it gets better. Like what happened to my guitar uwu

Jan 10, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #1,423 of 5,353

China post is the standard shipping method for aliexpress, that's how they are able to get such cheap international shipping rates.

Jan 10, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #1,425 of 5,353
Well I ordered mine from Penon 18/12 received today.
Firsrly Kudos to @Hawaiibadboy, I watched his review on these and I was semi sold..
Bloody hell these things are fantastic pairing with my Onkyo Dp-x1 not running Balanced yet still coming to turns with sound that's happening between my ears, just beautiful.
IMG-20190110-WA0018.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back