BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 5, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #286 of 5,353
TIP FIT ISSUES:
Just reminded me. I had an issue with an IEM where the tips would come off in the ear.
Very easy solution - wrap sellotape/scotch tape tightly around the nozzle. Trim carefully with a sharp knife to leave the nozzle entrance trim and then the tip will stay on. Later you can easily take off the sellotape/scotch tape if you wish :D

Dec 5, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #287 of 5,353
TIP FIT ISSUES:
Just reminded me. I had an issue with an IEM where the tips would come off in the ear.
Very easy solution - wrap sellotape/scotch tape tightly around the nozzle. Trim carefully with a sharp knife to leave the nozzle entrance trim and then the tip will stay on. Later you can easily take off the sellotape/scotch tape if you wish :D

thanks for this, the DM6 stock tips always come off in my ear canal lol scary

Dec 5, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #288 of 5,353
TIP FIT ISSUES:

I've used some old tips, just cut the "mushrom" part

3-S_sdW5lh3uoIugxs9uumRDcXGwu39W-4Sk9QgziBJl5AKGWZzBrsQt9qejFvMSuiTa9QiWhfTXyOOWOEeWmCNCipYBcwv_Em7ZZ_iQKi6KLfrXV5omM830AQx5EmWCHEFLV9ALXuQs-wJvKx1rN7S9dBYc9rDI-2kM4y0kGXIbXw6vEotd_QNBciuCHHWHL-3zOIBoONBRSZHWGKPZqgL9MZbcdnbyljwUfzRAjPmw39lzYfthVGlPJPhyiQGgFIwP4ABds3JpSYgs1TOoQtA2KQ4BoUr2uvZ1Fd-iuEfCkPO043zNDo3D2uc22eufIWsjrVHad2Pv2acNDJYj6OyabSL_JhmLqO1heU5K0El3bdhM4REFQuhXoYe5IgXCLh1snPT1-wjY1eEcCKipo5uxn9b_gcNOCyy_37P7VAS7zcBqCjKEpgfJbcDHriv1yPm_ogfNpUi3jbg45FYy71Dlpalxl9m-eWLSbOp1E2qfL2l18hmPQYukTkLvJT-OVeShDEw9vfNfJ2958cBIEVPsUyCLDjanmZP2tsIcl2mBwyDafUGptyUdcmTlrmPbsuCGru6U3icA0ORmcf8DtIDQoPFgm7sVGchrrkELKZXTG-UEqeBMu11S5iBBTe_KHvqejx6nBou21hXQUYTfTGhO=w1581-h890-no

Attachments

• IMG_20181205_190057.jpg
    IMG_20181205_190057.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 0
Dec 5, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #289 of 5,353
For people who have troubles with tips coming off, or if you want to use wider stem tips on narrower nozzles, there's also the possibility of first thowing in on the IEM some old silicon tips that you don't use reversed, and then the wider stem tips... or some variation thereof (like, if the IEM has a vent hole you'd cover with the reversed silicon tip).

Like here : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2259#post-13777772

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #291 of 5,353
.....some defoamed symbios...

Thank you, you deserve a pat on the back sir/ma'am. I'd been going back and forth between Spinfits and some hard barrel silicone tips from Trinity Audio, but then I read your post. I've got a ton of Symbio Wide Bores (one of my favorites) and since I usually use the M tips, I figured why not defoam a L set and give it a shot. It is by far the best sound and fit for me, no competition. The lows are superb, deep but still controlled, no slop. The mids are very slightly elevated over the other tips. I like a crispy high but no harshness and this is spot on. The DM6 might just be pushing the IMR R1's out of my every day carry case.

Dec 5, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #292 of 5,353
Thank you, you deserve a pat on the back sir/ma'am. I'd been going back and forth between Spinfits and some hard barrel silicone tips from Trinity Audio, but then I read your post. I've got a ton of Symbio Wide Bores (one of my favorites) and since I usually use the M tips, I figured why not defoam a L set and give it a shot. It is by far the best sound and fit for me, no competition. The lows are superb, deep but still controlled, no slop. The mids are very slightly elevated over the other tips. I like a crispy high but no harshness and this is spot on. The DM6 might just be pushing the IMR R1's out of my every day carry case.
I got the best sound using those too. Easily YMMV obviously.

Dec 5, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #294 of 5,353
Link plz?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back