BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 3, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #1,126 of 5,353
Created an account just so I can post this. Got these just before Christmas and have been enjoying them since! Apparently I was lucky enough to get the last ready stock in my country. :grin:

5nSayfy

https://imgur.com/a/5nSayfy

Thanks @HBB for the recommendation.

Nice! Looks like your feeding them a high nutrient diet of balanced!

Jan 3, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #1,129 of 5,353
Thank you! Looking it feed it some pure copper diet as well and see if I can tell the difference :laughing: I'm an amateur at this but I do enjoy good sound quality and music.

You even gave them a Pelican 1020 case as a home. :)

I’m going to get the DM6 better cables too next month, their balanced diet isn’t quite enough I think?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #1,130 of 5,353
Anyone tried to pair the dm6 with the hiby r3 and fiio m9? Which dap does it pair well?

I currently have it paired with my HiBy R3 and its my daily driver. I'm no expert or seasoned audiophile, but it sounds great. I don't apply EQs or use the MSEB and it sounds slightly musical rather than neutral I guess? I apologize if it isn't much help, I'm new to this and don't really know how to describe it :disappointed_relieved:

On a side note, I use my S8+ paired with the FiiO Q1 Mark II as well and I actually prefer the sound of that.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #1,132 of 5,353
I also ordered about the same time in november only mine wasn't shipped yet and don't know when it will. But hopefully in two weeks from now, and then sending time about three weeks from china so in february forhaps will receive. So from nowember till next year february. :) One year seazon of waiting. Yeahh. Of course amazon direct is nice but in my country no such fast way to get these so this is not so "fast" way to make your will and patience unbreakable. Hope finaly it will be worth:k701smile:
Hey Marius, I know they say patience is a virtue but it is hard! I ordered my first pair of DM6 on H-Duby store on 11/11 and they shipped yesterday and in a different color than ordered. I ordered my second pair from Linsoul on Dec 22 and received them yesterday... So go figure what is going on but it looks like all the orders will ship at some point... Hang in there my friend.

Jan 3, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #1,133 of 5,353
Hey Marius, I know they say patience is a virtue but it is hard! I ordered my first pair of DM6 on H-Duby store on 11/11 and they shipped yesterday and in a different color than ordered. I ordered my second pair from Linsoul on Dec 22 and received them yesterday... So go figure what is going on but it looks like all the orders will ship at some point... Hang in there my friend.

Photo or it didn’t happen. :)

Jan 3, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #1,135 of 5,353
Gotta protect my babies :grin:

Well lots of people have been saying that pure copper is the way to go in this thread for the DM6s, won't know till I try them.

The Sony 4.4mm cable I use is OFC silver coated. The other pair of DM6s I have use a Mee Adapter set, also 4.4mm. Both cables sound different and better than 3.5mm single ended. So it makes me want to try more cables. But copper gets the better bass. Still I want to find a cable to enhance the treble and add to the bass........ don’t we all?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #1,136 of 5,353
Jan 3, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #1,137 of 5,353
The Sony 4.4mm cable I use is OFC silver coated. The other pair of DM6s I have use a Mee Adapter set, also 4.4mm. Both cables sound different and better than 3.5mm single ended. So it makes me want to try more cables. But copper gets the better bass. Still I want to find a cable to enhance the treble and add to the bass........ don’t we all?

Well let me know if you do find it :laughing: Which copper cable would you recommend? Nothing too fancy or expensive though or I wouldn't be able to afford milk for my kid :sweat_smile:

Jan 3, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #1,138 of 5,353
Well let me know if you do find it :laughing: Which copper cable would you recommend? Nothing too fancy or expensive though or I wouldn't be able to afford milk for my kid :sweat_smile:

I’m the farthest from a cable expert with IEM use. I can say the Kimber cable at $260 does wonders for the full size Sony Z1R. Still even then there are people non-stop about Kimber Axios line for the Z1R.

I do like the Hansound Zen 4 wire. Basicly an entry level copper cable. But it’s 2 pin and I don’t own or use 2 pin to MMCX adapters so I can’t try it. But I do have a Hansound cable in the future for the DM6. Other than that just wait. I’m sure someone that knows will chime in here for you. But the Hansound 4 wire Zen is nice with my other gear.

Jan 3, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #1,139 of 5,353

how about a silver and copper cable then?

Jan 3, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #1,140 of 5,353
I’m the farthest from a cable expert with IEM use. I can say the Kimber cable at $260 does wonders for the full size Sony Z1R. Still even then there are people non-stop about Kimber Axios line for the Z1R.

I do like the Hansound Zen 4 wire. Basicly an entry level copper cable. But it’s 2 pin and I don’t own or use 2 pin to MMCX adapters so I can’t try it. But I do have a Hansound cable in the future for the DM6. Other than that just wait. I’m sure someone that knows will chime in here for you. But the Hansound 4 wire Zen is nice with my other gear.

Ah thank you! I'll look into the Hansound and maybe look at adapters as well, the others look a little over my budget constraints :sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back