BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 18, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #4,936 of 5,353
So I have been listening to my wood DM8 for the past week. These things sounds great. The only other iem I own in this price rage that competes is the LZ A7. Otherwise these clearly are punching above their price for SQ.
1608308055893.png
Gonna heap on the praise. I havent had a BGVP earphone since the DMG.. The DM8 is most definitely playing at a higher level. Surprised with the quality and value on this one.
Is it better than or similar to A7 in terms of transparency, soundstage, separation and imaging?

Dec 18, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #4,937 of 5,353
similar but is a bit more dimensional sounding. It really is a toss up between both earphones for sheer SQ. Even more surprised how good the Sonion vented BAs are handling bass for the DM8.

I like the versatility for the A7 but DM8 gives you a taste of TOTL sound for $300. That is a win in my book.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #4,938 of 5,353
similar but is a bit more dimensional sounding. It really is a toss up between both earphones for sheer SQ. Even more surprised how good the Sonion vented BAs are handling bass for the DM8.

I like the versatility for the A7 but DM8 gives you a taste of TOTL sound for $300. That is a win in my book.
I suppose it would be a bit redundant to get the DM8 if I have the MEST?

Dec 18, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #4,939 of 5,353
Good question. They are different but sound balancing is the only real similarities between the DM8 and MEST. No point in getting a DM8 if you own a MEST but at the same time. I can see a scenario where if you don't want to carry around your expensive MEST with you the DM8 would fit the bill in a pinch for on the go and you would be surprised how capable the DM8 is for the price they are asking for a set don't fall off too much compared to the MEST believe it or not.

I got most of my write up done for the DM8 and if I get some pics in order will be publishing it soon. Look for that but I will just say I am having a hard time picking which one I actually like better the A7 or the DM8.

BGVP has done real good with the DM8. 4 crossovers, 8 BAs, 4 sound bores. Easy to drive, comfortable, isolates decently not to mention they look stunning in person. I think it has to be one of the best value earphones this year for certain.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #4,941 of 5,353
Good question. They are different but sound balancing is the only real similarities between the DM8 and MEST. No point in getting a DM8 if you own a MEST but at the same time. I can see a scenario where if you don't want to carry around your expensive MEST with you the DM8 would fit the bill in a pinch for on the go and you would be surprised how capable the DM8 is for the price they are asking for a set don't fall off too much compared to the MEST believe it or not.

I got most of my write up done for the DM8 and if I get some pics in order will be publishing it soon. Look for that but I will just say I am having a hard time picking which one I actually like better the A7 or the DM8.

BGVP has done real good with the DM8. 4 crossovers, 8 BAs, 4 sound bores. Easy to drive, comfortable, isolates decently not to mention they look stunning in person. I think it has to be one of the best value earphones this year for certain.
Oh, did you get the Reecho Creepy Bugs Wake Up IEM to compare with the DM8? There have been a lot of really good all-BA IEMs released recently.

Dec 18, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #4,943 of 5,353
but the BGVP Dm 8 in wood .... they sound much "warmer" than the normal ones .... and they also have some other difference from the musical point of view?

I doubt it. Stabilized wood is basically wood that becomes plastic so not gonna have the wood properties of an actual wood housing. Not to mention it has to be sturdy for the body portion. The stock cable is OCC so it does add a touch of warmth to the tuning but I bet the sound from the clear version and the wood version is identical if not exactly the same.

Looks however. Not every day your gonna get a one off design for your earphones. Looks like a museum piece.

Dec 18, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #4,944 of 5,353
Interesting for the ones who are into custom IEMs, BGVP now also offers it for the DM8.

H1e76aaa5feaa40a39ce711f7836b00a19.jpg

Also a new color is available besides the woodcarving and silver/transparent versions, named 'blue pink':

BGVP-DM8-eight-Knoweles-Sonion-loudspeaker-moving-iron-customized-fever-in-ear-monitor-popular...jpg

Dec 18, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #4,945 of 5,353
Also a new color is available besides the woodcarving and silver/transparent versions, named 'blue pink':

BGVP-DM8-eight-Knoweles-Sonion-loudspeaker-moving-iron-customized-fever-in-ear-monitor-popular...jpg
Reminds me of the qdc DMagic 3D.

Dec 18, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #4,946 of 5,353
The hype is slowly, but surely building. I was deciding between DM8 and SA6 and found a deal on the DM8 I couldn't pass on. DM7 was a big improvement on DM6, so if DM8 is even better then it'll be very interesting. Should be getting mine next week, looking forward to it and further impressions.

Dec 18, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #4,948 of 5,353
SA6 is better balanced from bass to treble. The DM8 is a bit more of a fun version of that tuning. Has a bit more bass emphasis vs the SA6. Mids are similar and has a touch more lower treble presence vs the SA6. Stage is very similar between the two and technicalities are similar as well again being much cheaper.

Dec 19, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #4,949 of 5,353
SA6 is better balanced from bass to treble. The DM8 is a bit more of a fun version of that tuning. Has a bit more bass emphasis vs the SA6. Mids are similar and has a touch more lower treble presence vs the SA6. Stage is very similar between the two and technicalities are similar as well again being much cheaper.
What do you mean when you say BGVP is more fun than SA6?
Is there an aspect where you find BGVP better than SA6?

Dec 19, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #4,950 of 5,353
More bass=more fun usually what that means. The quality and tone of the bass end is very similar but has more impact and has even more emphasis in the sub bass. It was tuned to have a bit more emphasis in the bass region. I would say maybe 2-3 db more bass emphasis just based on sound analysis. It also has a bit more lower treble emphasis bring a touch more shimmer treble sparkle. Both have very nice clarity and detail again sharing similar technicalities.

I like the treble end of the SA6 a bit more than the DM8 as I feel the treble of the DM8 in bringing out sparkle and shimmer has a bit of a metallic coloration to the treble end. It was again tuned to have good bass presence, mids have a wide dimensional band and sounds nice enough but it is the treble end where they added that sparkle which folks will like some wont.

SA6 I feel is better tuned but the DM8 if your not really analyzing your sound comes very close and actually sounds a bit more dimensional sharing equally good sound separation and extension on both ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back