BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 2, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #4,921 of 5,353
this
The crossover plate has different resistors for each of the channels with separate on/off switches.

Cool, thanks. So its a resistor wired across the switch terminals, "off" signal goes through the resistor, "on" signal can bypass the resistor and go direct through the switch terminals (this would also have some effect on the crossover frequencies.)

Dec 3, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #4,922 of 5,353
Anyone else received DM8 yet? Thoughts?
Mine have only just left China, so still have few weeks to wait

Dec 5, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #4,924 of 5,353
Yes i dont own the said iem that i stated but my best friend(who is also an avid listener to high-end iem) has a small business selling chifi products so i was given the opportunity to audition them. I test them with particularly unknown music to me were given by my friend to test myriads of genres. We both drove into different conclusion but it somewhat similar:
Here is my brief analysis that was put up to compare with each other:

"ll be brief: bass is decent, fast decay response, not boomy/rumbling bass, no bloated bass, clean and good detail bass with tinge of natural timbre texture

Mids: mild V, still can perceive forward vocals both male and female, slightly musical but towards analytical, and good timbre texture

Treble: treble extension is excellent(no treble roll off), analytical, not piercing(depending on the eartips), v.good timbre texture

soundsage is above average and excellent music separation"

yeah. so i went to shop to try DM8 and possibly buy....but didnt. almost though. tried for almost an hour. i have similar thoughts as @Fawzay. it reminds me of ibasso AM05 with bass (still no boom/rumble) . great for live performaces, rock, strings, orchestra. no wow factor like Mangrid tea. im glad i get to keep it.

Dec 17, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #4,932 of 5,353
Here's my thoughts after a few days of listening.
DM8 is a great IEMs, I love it. Very powerful and rich sound with natural timbre. Extended bass with a good slam, full bodied lower mids, aggressive guitars and clear vocals at the same time. Has a little spark in a treble region, but perfectly comfortable even for metal genres. I'd say it is a warm-neutral tonality.
The sound stage is average-wide, but has a good depth to it. Music sounds engaging and fun. Perfect for pop, rnb, rock, metal, synth genres. Jazz and classic may need a little more treble and less bass, but it is a personal preference for sure.
Comparing to DM7 and T800, wooden version of DM8 founds itself 2 heads ahead. Better in everything sound-wise and also fancy looking model. The new king of a BA $300 price range.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #4,933 of 5,353
So far I am pleased with these. The sound and detail is good, then on top of that I'm loving the transparent look. Being able to see the BAs hits a nice spot in the feels.

At the moment it is preferring good on my test playlist. When I get more time i'll give more of a impression and some comparisons.
20201217_183027.jpg20201217_183052.jpg

Dec 18, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #4,935 of 5,353
So I have been listening to my wood DM8 for the past week. These things sounds great. The only other iem I own in this price rage that competes is the LZ A7. Otherwise these clearly are punching above their price for SQ.
1608308055893.png

Gonna heap on the praise. I havent had a BGVP earphone since the DMG.. The DM8 is most definitely playing at a higher level. Surprised with the quality and value on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back