BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jul 19, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #4,773 of 5,353
Hey guys, Is the Dm6 good for listening to extreme metal. I listen to a lotta death/black/doom metal. I know the hype over these are long gone but couldn't find any better multi ba option under $200. How does it handle fast multi instrumental tracks? I like fast attacking clean bass, clear mids and good detailed highs with great instrument seperation. Also prefer wider soundstage and good imaging. Is Dm6 a good option? If thers any better multi ba options I am happy to take a look. Thanks

I personally love my DM6s for extreme metal. They do a great job of presenting growls and screams in a way that's incredibly clear as opposed to my T2s. Instrumental separation is also good, which is why they're my go-to for Jazz as well, but as @zepmaj said, the treble can get pretty hot. Mine seemed to have tamed a bit since I originally got them, but they can still be a little piercing on certain songs. It's not so bad once you understand how to manage your volume output with your collection of music. Given that it's all BA, the bass isn't exceptional, but there's still a decent amount of rumble so the music never feels anemic at any point. Currently listening to "Temptation of the Idler" by Poly-Math as I type this and the bass notes sound super thick and clean, they just don't have a ton of punch behind them. (Speaking of piercing treble, the acoustic passage around the 9 minute mark on this cut is a little hot).

Jul 22, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #4,774 of 5,353
I'm sorry to bring you a bad shopping experience. Due to the epidemic, the speed of global logistics has been affected.

Gary - can you guys take a look to secure the BGVP Zero better in the box ?

the package just arrived and from the sound of it something was loose in it.

Upon opening the package the IEMs were out of their "socket" (the place were the IEMs and the eartips are held in place). The IEMs are in one peace luckily.

I bet the folks from shipping company threw the package around.

So far the Zeros seem to be fine, but that was quite a shock to see them lying around that loosely (moving around when gently shacking the box).

the first impression is that the tuning is more on the brighter side and the bass is quite "polite"

(meaning: not too strong [vocal ear tips] - good thing it can be changed quite significantly with the ear tips: vocal vs. bass does make a considerable change !)

according to the pic it's supposed to be a 10 mm CNT-coated dynamic driver along the 7 mm electret

*edit*:

I'm impressed !

the bass-focused ear tips make a highly significant difference in terms of bass output vs. the vocal focused ear tips - WOW - didn't expect that much of a difference !

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #4,775 of 5,353
Gary - can you guys take a look to secure the BGVP Zero better in the box ?

the package just arrived and from the sound of it something was loose in it.

Upon opening the package the IEMs were out of their "socket" (the place were the IEMs and the eartips are held in place). The IEMs are in one peace luckily.

I bet the folks from shipping company threw the package around.

So far the Zeros seem to be fine, but that was quite a shock to see them lying around that loosely (moving around when gently shacking the box).

the first impression is that the tuning is more on the brighter side and the bass is quite "polite"

(meaning: not too strong [vocal ear tips] - good thing it can be changed quite significantly with the ear tips: vocal vs. bass does make a considerable change !)

according to the pic it's supposed to be a 10 mm CNT-coated dynamic driver along the 7 mm electret

*edit*:

I'm impressed !

the bass-focused ear tips make a highly significant difference in terms of bass output vs. the vocal focused ear tips - WOW - didn't expect that much of a difference !
Thank you for your support. We will feedback these problems to the express company. We will also gradually optimize the headset service.

Jul 24, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #4,776 of 5,353
Recieved my replacement today 👍 Both sides are working now :) But the package really could be redesigned, because my earbuds were also rattling around the box when they arrived.

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #4,777 of 5,353
I was wondering has anyone came across a frequency graph for BGVP Zero anywhere?

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #4,778 of 5,353
I was wondering has anyone came across a frequency graph for BGVP Zero anywhere?

Not so far that I have seen. There is the one from the BGVP marketing...
1595605717758.png

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #4,779 of 5,353
Not so far that I have seen. There is the one from the BGVP marketing...
1595605717758.png
I have seen this one, but you know how accurate not these are 😄

Jul 25, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #4,780 of 5,353
Did a bit of listening to Zero, I would say it is a bit warm sounding earbuds, reminds me of CA16, but less veiled then CCA, at least from a brief time I had to spend with them. Vocals sound very nice too. Will give more impressions when I have time to do a proper listening. I exclusively listen to these with the foam eartips, because all other included tips are either too big or not comfortable.
On the build quality, I would not say they are that great, yes metal shell is nice, but MMCX connections arent the greatest, the one on the right earbud is nice and tight, but the one on the left is loose and spins easily, and that dives my OCD crazy 😄 this might be the problem of the cable, so will update on this, when I will recieve my upgrade cables.
Edit: Companies should start selling only earbuds themselves without any cables or tips, would save on packaging and materials and I think there are alot of people who would buy them like that :)

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #4,782 of 5,353
Did a bit of listening to Zero, I would say it is a bit warm sounding earbuds, reminds me of CA16, but less veiled then CCA, at least from a brief time I had to spend with them. Vocals sound very nice too. Will give more impressions when I have time to do a proper listening. I exclusively listen to these with the foam eartips, because all other included tips are either too big or not comfortable.
On the build quality, I would not say they are that great, yes metal shell is nice, but MMCX connections arent the greatest, the one on the right earbud is nice and tight, but the one on the left is loose and spins easily, and that dives my OCD crazy 😄 this might be the problem of the cable, so will update on this, when I will recieve my upgrade cables.
Edit: Companies should start selling only earbuds themselves without any cables or tips, would save on packaging and materials and I think there are alot of people who would buy them like that :)

You're thinking of it purely from a head-fi, hobbyist point of view though. The majority of the public and general consumers won't have or want to buy spare cables/tips to play them, especially for one-off purchases with no intentions of buying more than one pair. Plus in general, companies try to match cables with the headphones themselves for optimum sound or fit depending on the price bracket... although maybe KZ should as I'd rather no cable than using the rotten one they all come with. I reckon I've got 10 in a box lol.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #4,783 of 5,353
You're thinking of it purely from a head-fi, hobbyist point of view though. The majority of the public and general consumers won't have or want to buy spare cables/tips to play them, especially for one-off purchases with no intentions of buying more than one pair. Plus in general, companies try to match cables with the headphones themselves for optimum sound or fit depending on the price bracket... although maybe KZ could get away with just providing one of those God awful cables saving me having around 10 in a discarded box lol.
I am saying the manufacturers could have an option of purchasing IEM's on their own and most of the cables, especially in budget segment is just a waste of materials :)

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #4,784 of 5,353
Those cables probably cost 10p to make so it's easier throwing one in to save giving multiple selling options. It's very unlikely there would be much size difference in a box without a cable in it. Most of the cables sit directly under the earphones in the foam/plastic they slot in to, so as they look sleek for selling.

I get what you're saying btw, but the fact it's never happened gives you your answer. If it was productive enough and lead to more selling options, greater sales opportunities... would have happened long by now. Simpler the better I'd guess. As I said, hobbyists in most cases probably make up a small % of the market with most budget brands and I'd guess even more so outside their home territories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back