BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 20, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #1,726 of 5,353
Jan 20, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #1,728 of 5,353
No rush, I'll get the Nicehck. Thanks!

Any differences between the 8 core and the 16 core? re: Nicehck

Jan 20, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #1,730 of 5,353
Alright, got the 16 core 2.5mm Nicehck cable.

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #1,732 of 5,353
Yes it probably would but it still sounds amazing using local files through UAPP and high quality from Spotify so I am sure that Tidal would sound great.

Are you able to perceive a good difference this way using the balanced over none balanced jack ?

Jan 20, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #1,733 of 5,353
Are you able to perceive a good difference this way using the balanced over none balanced jack ?
It's mostly subtle but noticable and worth it to me with my it01s. The sound stage feels slightly wider and almost holographic with well produced tracks. Better channel seperation especially in the lower frequencies and what seems to be a more accurate and sustained shimmering treble.
This may be partly due to the way the es100 doubles the voltage on the balanced output but it sounds good to me and I'm only using a $20 balanced cable from Amazon. I am going to pick up one of the 2.5mm 16 core Copper cables discussed hear soon though.

Jan 20, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #1,734 of 5,353
It's mostly subtle but noticable and worth it to me with my it01s. The sound stage feels slightly wider and almost holographic with well produced tracks. Better channel seperation especially in the lower frequencies and what seems to be a more accurate and sustained shimmering treble.
This may be partly due to the way the es100 doubles the voltage on the balanced output but it sounds good to me and I'm only using a $20 balanced cable from Amazon. I am going to pick up one of the 2.5mm 16 core Copper cables discussed hear soon though.

Maybe I should have not been so rash with BT3. I think I will keep an eye for a used es100.

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #1,735 of 5,353
Maybe I should have not been so rash with BT3. I think I will keep an eye for a used es100.
I and others who own the es100 compare the sound signature and power output through balanced to DAPs that cost hundreds more. The app that comes with it is very slick too. Don't take my word for it go and read the reviews here and on Amazon.

Sorry if this is getting off topic, I am planning on picking up the DMGs in March if the DM6s are still not available.

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #1,736 of 5,353
I'm ignorant about this--so I could grab the ES100 and just buy a 2.5 balanced cable if I wanted to use it with the DM6? (Or just stay unbalance). Just checking--I would really rather have a more truly wireless setup, but I also don't want to keep connecting and disconnecting the MMCX connectors, so maybe this sort of device is the way to go. (Though I guess if I *did* want to go balanced, I'd be swapping them out anyway if I wanted to connect wired to my phone. Just thinking out loud...)

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #1,737 of 5,353
I'm ignorant about this--so I could grab the ES100 and just buy a 2.5 balanced cable if I wanted to use it with the DM6? (Or just stay unbalance). Just checking--I would really rather have a more truly wireless setup, but I also don't want to keep connecting and disconnecting the MMCX connectors, so maybe this sort of device is the way to go. (Though I guess if I *did* want to go balanced, I'd be swapping them out anyway if I wanted to connect wired to my phone. Just thinking out loud...)
Yes you could that how I use it and it sounds great from every device I connect it with but the es100s balanced output through LDAC with my lg G7 is on another level. It's even better than the quad dac directly wired through 3.5mm single ended which does sound really good on its own.
Go check out the es100 thread for more info.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #1,738 of 5,353
ES100 is great, literally changed the way I listen to music. And to my ears there's a big difference between the balanced output and the single-ended option.

Jan 21, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #1,739 of 5,353
This photo is for reference to show cable. The next cable I get for the DM6 will be the Han Sound Audio Zen 4 wire OCC litz copper cable terminated Furutech 4.4mm. This cable in the photo is two pin so I can't use it with the DM6, but the cable is quality and has a great sound with BA IEMs.

Here: $168

https://music-sanctuary.com/products/han-sound-audio-zen-4-wire-occ-litz-copper-cable

qdc 1a.jpg

qdc Anole V3 IEM #817993 (stock setting/Sony Hybrid Tips)(Han Sound Audio Zen 4 wire OCC litz copper cable terminated Furutech 4.4mm)
Sony NW-WM1A Digital Audio Player (Japanese Tourist Edition) FW 3.01

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #1,740 of 5,353
The es100 does look really good. But is it really using microUSB? Maybe if they release an updated one with USB C, I'll grab it—petty, I know, but my laptop/switch/portable hdd/phone/battery pack are all USB C; I'm not going to buy anything using another type of connection at this point.

Other than that, it seems like a good deal—it's not really much more expensive than various MMCX wireless solutions, and has more than sufficient specs to crush all of them. Everything else really does look great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back