Beyerdynamics T1 Amplification Thread
Dec 8, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #46 of 135

I just ordered a T1 today, it will arrive next week. I allready have this amp. Hope it will work out fine...
happy_face1.gif

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #47 of 135
I ordered one too! I planned to pair it with my Lehmann BCL since it went well with the DT990

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #48 of 135

I like the T-1s through my OTL Woo3.  It's very nice, but it's practically indistinguishable from my  637/627 M^3, (the two having the same sound signature).

This thread prompted a quick comparo between the M^3 and my GS-1....  no contest.  The GS-1 is cavernous compared to the M^3, and sounds better on every front.

GS-1 for the win. 
eek.gif

USG

Edit:  I wanted to add that although, IMO, the GS-1 is better than the M^3, the M^3 is by no means bad or inadequate.  It is a very, very good amplifier, that actually measures better than a beta.  I own 2 different ones and use them frequently.  My 8065 M^3 was set up by Rockhopper to swing a lot of current for low impedance cans and does a great job with 701s.

Dec 15, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #49 of 135
I have the BD T-1 now for 2 day's, and all i can say is i really love it.
What a fast paced sound, i listen with my mouth open, i hear so much details in the cd's i have for many years.

...just to know that it only will get better in time
beyersmile.png

Dec 19, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #50 of 135

Quote:
I am using the Concerto and as Ive read and as I can confirm this is a really really good combination. Actually, I still dont have another amp but I am waiting for my Sonett. Hopefully it will arrive before christmas :). When I have it, I will tell you possible differencies and I am sure that there will be differencies :).

cheers

Confirmed delivery date: Tuesday, Dec. 28th :) :)

Dec 19, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #51 of 135
Has anyone heard the T1 with the musical fidelity M1 HPA? Solid state, but pure class A and plenty of beans... I was a bit underwhelmed by the DT880/600 with it - fantastic resolution and staging but a bit gutless at the low end.

Dec 19, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #52 of 135
I've been wondering this myself. I'm a fan of the X-CAN amps that Musical Fidelity has put out. I know the T1 is more efficient than the DT880/600Ohm so it should be OK, but we don't know until someone tries. I know the T1 did very good on my X-CANV8P.

Quote:
Has anyone heard the T1 with the musical fidelity M1 HPA? Solid state, but pure class A and plenty of beans... I was a bit underwhelmed by the DT880/600 with it - fantastic resolution and staging but a bit gutless at the low end.

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #53 of 135
I'll be auditioning that combo as soon as I can in the new year. I A/Bed with the XCANV8P and the M1 and all I can report is that to my ears, the M1 was a step up.

Would be really interesting to get the LCD-2 into the audition mix, but I can't find anywhere in the UK to listen to them :frowning2: $1000 is a bit of a punt for something you've never heard...

Jan 27, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #54 of 135
I'm thinking of updating my dac/amp combo, as my Compass is wearing thin, I'm expecting the T1 any day now,  shipment delayed because of last nights big snow storm.

Anyway, anyone know how they would also work with the Yulong D100 DAC and/or Yulong A100 Headphone Amplifier.

The D100 can work as a usb DAC/AMP, the A100 is an add on  Amp for extra power. By itself the D100 goes for around $450 on ebay, the D100 adds another $300 or so.

Another thought is the slightly more expensive combo DAC/AMP NFB-10ES from audio-gd, or the slightly cheaper NFB-10WM. The two units use different chips, and so have different sound.

Jan 28, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #55 of 135

Quote:
I'm thinking of updating my dac/amp combo, as my Compass is wearing thin, I'm expecting the T1 any day now,  shipment delayed because of last nights big snow storm.

Anyway, anyone know how they would also work with the Yulong D100 DAC and/or Yulong A100 Headphone Amplifier.

The D100 can work as a usb DAC/AMP, the A100 is an add on  Amp for extra power. By itself the D100 goes for around $450 on ebay, the D100 adds another $300 or so.

Another thought is the slightly more expensive combo DAC/AMP NFB-10ES from audio-gd, or the slightly cheaper NFB-10WM. The two units use different chips, and so have different sound.

I don't have an A100 or any A-gd products. The D100 amp won't do the T1 any justice. For an SS amp, think about getting a Matrix M-Stage. It sounds almost as good with my T1 as my WA2 does for a lot cheaper (cheaper than the A100 as well).

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #56 of 135

Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/509021/beyerdynamic-t1-cable-connection-mod

Quote:
I listened to the T1 and Cary SLI-80 at CanJam and the WA5-LE/T1 smokes the Cary/T1 hands down.

Thanks for the link. I basically did that when I got mine recabled to balanced with the Zeus cable. My cable is a true "shotgun". It s a independent cable for each channel so there is no cross talk. It does not use the shiled as physitcal ground it has 3 wires inside. The positive and negative going to thier corresponding pins in the XLR connector and the ground going to pin 1. The really sound so much better than stock with basicallt all the effect you are descrbing.

The main difference I heard between the Cary and the Woo was speed and slam. I think the Woo was faster, with more slam and more dynamics kind of a good solid state amp with the sweet soundof tubes and since I have been a SS guy most of my life it was just perfect for me.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jan 28, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #58 of 135
Has anyone tried the T1 with the DNA Sonett ?

Jan 28, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #60 of 135
Excellent - just about to place deposit on a Sonett (single ended - I did own a balanced one a year back - sold due to painful divorce).

When i was younger I used Beyers for years - but haven't used any now for a very long time. The T1 looks very interesting.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back