Beyerdynamics T1 Amplification Thread
Oct 25, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #121 of 135
subbed 

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #122 of 135
Hi Head-fiers!

I just got my Beyerdynamic T1 and currently enjoying them and burning them in... I'm soo in love with these cans - they seem to do everything right for me, so I want to buy something to accomodate them.

Currently they are powered from a Aune X1.. Not exactly the best match, but it actully does a respectable job considering its low price.

I'm looking for a combo unit(amp+dac) that will take my listening experience to a even higher level, but I have no clue on what'll work with the T1 - I'm very new to the head-fi world.

I've been looking at the new Marantz Hd-dac1, but find that there are not many reviews around.. It's a store demo deal at 660 euros.. That'll be my maximum budget. Generally what I read about the Marantz is good, but it's very limited info. It looks brilliant though :)

I know my budget may seem low considering I bought a high end headphone, but I actually enjoy them a lot with what I have right now, but that amp is struggling a bit when playing at semi-high volumes.

I listen to basically everything and what I had in mind was something "fun" to listen to.. Something warm. Is that possible?

Hope someone can guide me somewhere :)

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #123 of 135
Hi Head-fiers!

I just got my Beyerdynamic T1 and currently enjoying them and burning them in... I'm soo in love with these cans - they seem to do everything right for me, so I want to buy something to accomodate them.

Currently they are powered from a Aune X1.. Not exactly the best match, but it actully does a respectable job considering its low price.

I'm looking for a combo unit(amp+dac) that will take my listening experience to a even higher level, but I have no clue on what'll work with the T1 - I'm very new to the head-fi world.

I've been looking at the new Marantz Hd-dac1, but find that there are not many reviews around.. It's a store demo deal at 660 euros.. That'll be my maximum budget. Generally what I read about the Marantz is good, but it's very limited info. It looks brilliant though :)

I know my budget may seem low considering I bought a high end headphone, but I actually enjoy them a lot with what I have right now, but that amp is struggling a bit when playing at semi-high volumes.

I listen to basically everything and what I had in mind was something "fun" to listen to.. Something warm. Is that possible?

Hope someone can guide me somewhere :)

No doubt you will get different opinions but in your price level the products from Audio-gd are hard to beat and they tend to be on the warm side of neutral. Excellent values there for the money. http://www.audio-gd.com/En%20audio-gd.htm

You can search this forum and you will find lots of threads about their products.

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #124 of 135
  No doubt you will get different opinions but in your price level the products from Audio-gd are hard to beat and they tend to be on the warm side of neutral. Excellent values there for the money. http://www.audio-gd.com/En%20audio-gd.htm

You can search this forum and you will find lots of threads about their products.

Was there a particular Audio-gd you had in mind?

I've read some Audio-gd's struggle to power 300-600 ohm headphones... is this true?

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #125 of 135
  Was there a particular Audio-gd you had in mind?

I've read some Audio-gd's struggle to power 300-600 ohm headphones... is this true?

NFB27 would do the job and it also includes DSD, I think your comment about 600 ohm headphones would apply to the NFB11 which is not really enough to power a T1.

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #126 of 135
  NFB27 would do the job and it also includes DSD, I think your comment about 600 ohm headphones would apply to the NFB11 which is not really enough to power a T1.

I just found its price(NFB-27).. 1400 euro :) 
I think it's difficult to find an amp that can drive the T1 properly within 660 euros.. Been looking here and through google.. But with my knowledge in head-fi all I can do is read reviews and figure out that way if it works or not. 

I must say though... That Marantz is tempting.. From what I've read it should have plenty of power for even 600 ohm headphones, as well as being warm and round sounding. 

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #127 of 135
I think it's difficult to find an amp that can drive the T1 properly within 660 euros.. Been looking here and through google.. But with my knowledge in head-fi all I can do is read reviews and figure out that way if it works or not. 

I must say though... That Marantz is tempting.. From what I've read it should have plenty of power for even 600 ohm headphones, as well as being warm and round sounding. 

You don't need a super DAC like the $4000 Naim to make your T1 sing. I use an Arcam rDAC which is good enough to drive my B&W speakers & costs around $700 hooked up to $1100 Woo Audio WA2. This setup sounds very good to excellent depending on your expectations. There are cheaper DAC/Amp alternatives out there which cost less than $1000: Alo Pan Am, Musical Fidelity, Schiit (Valhalla is recommended), and something like Little Dot cost less than $200.
And of course, Beyer's own A1/A2 has excellent synergy with T1.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #128 of 135
  And of course, Beyer's own A1/A2 has excellent synergy with T1.

Since the A2 was not brought up on this thread so far I wanted to second that... A2+T1 is a very nice combination. Just missing DAC for @AkkiJU s original request... besides being far out of the budget of 660,-

Still not within budget (except maybe a used set) is Meier Audio Classic+Daccord... very good performance/price.

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #129 of 135

You might like to look at the Bottlehead amps I have used a modified Crack and Sex and they are both have great synergy with the T1's the Mainline Bottleheads totl amp is very highly regarded but I have yet to hear it myself.

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #134 of 135
  Will be picking up a V200 for the T1 in some days, has anyone had any good experiences with Vio stuff?
Currently using the Schiit Valhalla 2 which is a low-fi OTL that doesn't sound any better than my Xonar STX.

I have had a V200 on my nightstand for a few years already and use it every night. It is a great little amplifier that pair well with most headphones. I used to use it with the T1 when I had them and right now I am using it with the Alpha Prime.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jul 6, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #135 of 135
Just got a pair of T1 Gen 1...loving them with my Little Dot MK IV SE and Audio-gd C-2 11th... i do plan on selling the little dot in order to upgrade to a better tube amp. So far i am leaning towards a Woo WA2. Considered WA6-se but from what i have read the WA2 pairs better with the T1's. My other heavily used hp's are HD650. Running off Audio-gd DAC-19 10th with amanero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back