beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Apr 9, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #1,728 of 1,963
I just bought AKT5P, my audio store guy said that is has a bit more bass and warmth than T5P, and is an improvement to his ears. I don't have an AK dap, so not happy I will have to use the included adaptor. Also not a fan of the extra cost and the blasphemous AK branding on the headband. The things I do for sound.

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #1,729 of 1,963
I just bought AKT5P, my audio store guy said that is has a bit more bass and warmth than T5P, and is an improvement to his ears. I don't have an AK dap, so not happy I will have to use the included adaptor. Also not a fan of the extra cost and the blasphemous AK branding on the headband. The things I do for sound.

I'm still wanting to know if they're much of an improvement without an AK DAP - in other words, how much of the perceived improvement is the EQ? I lightly EQ the bass on my regular T5p - suddenly more bass and warmth - really curious how these are and if they're worth nearly double the regular T5p asking price (it's being sold a lot cheaper at a lot of places now).

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #1,730 of 1,963
I'm still wanting to know if they're much of an improvement without an AK DAP - in other words, how much of the perceived improvement is the EQ? I lightly EQ the bass on my regular T5p - suddenly more bass and warmth - really curious how these are and if they're worth nearly double the regular T5p asking price (it's being sold a lot cheaper at a lot of places now).
ditto. I listened to head-fi's jude's at a recent meet, driven by an A&K 240 and with the EQ preset to match the A&K. Sounded better than my T 5 p I also had with me. But in fairness, I should have hooked my T 5 pump to my Beyer (actually A&K) a 200 p DAC / amp, and I should have tried the AKT5p on a source that I use, not the A&K 240. Oh well.. 20/20 hindsight.

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #1,731 of 1,963
Hello, I recently bought a used pair off this forum and I absolutely love their look and sound. However I have some issues with sound leakage and was hoping you guys could help. I don't listen at extremely loud levels and try to get as snug a fit as possible but people several feet away can definitely hear my music. Thanks!

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #1,734 of 1,963
Hello, I recently bought a used pair off this forum and I absolutely love their look and sound. However I have some issues with sound leakage and was hoping you guys could help. I don't listen at extremely loud levels and try to get as snug a fit as possible but people several feet away can definitely hear my music. Thanks!

The T5P is the best isolating headphone I`ve ever owned.   Are they the original leather pads?  If so, it has to be a fit-issue.  Remember, the center section of the headband is memory-metal: it`s meant to be gently bent in or out to facilitate head variation.  It should clamp just strongly enough to seal all the way around the ear - 360 degrees.  You can also bend it to slightly increase or reduce the pad angle. 

Good luck

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #1,735 of 1,963
Thank you very much. Yes they are the original pads, but I'm a bit worried about breaking the headphone by bending the headband. I did remove the ear pads while trying to clean the headphone when I first got it. I was very careful in putting them back though.

Apr 10, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #1,736 of 1,963
  Remember, the center section of the headband is memory-metal: it`s meant to be gently bent in or out to facilitate head variation.  It should clamp just strongly enough to seal all the way around the ear - 360 degrees.  You can also bend it to slightly increase or reduce the pad angle. 

I've owned these cans for almost a year and a half and I had no idea about this.  Thanks!  

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #1,737 of 1,963

The T5P is the best isolating headphone I`ve ever owned.   Are they the original leather pads?  If so, it has to be a fit-issue.  Remember, the center section of the headband is memory-metal: it`s meant to be gently bent in or out to facilitate head variation.  It should clamp just strongly enough to seal all the way around the ear - 360 degrees.  You can also bend it to slightly increase or reduce the pad angle. 

Good luck

+1

They are great at isolating no matter what pads I've used.  Isolation and sound signature do not change much with pad swap.  I love this headphone.

May 3, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #1,739 of 1,963
May i ask how you guys keep your earpads clean?  I am now the third owner of my pair and i think the earpads and headband are not as full, clean, and plush as they used to be.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back