beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Feb 21, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #1,711 of 1,963

Is my number a later? I've never had cable trouble, I have the aluminium box edition.

What is the shell of your 3.5mm plug made of?  If it`s metal, it`s the older versions, some of which have a history of cable failure (like mine).  If it`s plastic, it`s the new and supposedly improved. 

Speaking of new and improved, brethren, I had a higly audiorogasmic session today with my AK player and 2 T5P

On the right is the regular Beyer T5P, plugged in to the single-ended output of my AK; on the left is the $1500 AKT5P, The Astell&Kern branded version, plugged into the balanced output of my AK.  I could A-B back and forth just by toggling one button on the AK, so it was nearly instant comparison.  And more than a little mind-blowing.  
Short story: AKT5P has all the detail, soundstage and sparkle, with a seriously fattened up low end. . .   

I was instantly distracted, obsessed, in desperate need . . .  

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #1,713 of 1,963
I have the aluminium cup cap. Never any cable issue after a few years use most days.

I've never seen the AKT5p. Do prefer this over the T5p for some reason? $500 premium.

My previous T5p had no issues either, but the design is clearly faulty given the number of failures. Heck, even the demo one in store had issues with channel drop out because of the cable.

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #1,714 of 1,963
My previous T5p had no issues either, but the design is clearly faulty given the number of failures. Heck, even the demo one in store had issues with channel drop out because of the cable.

That brass grommet! 

Looking into the new A&K T5p twist, I don't use any A&K players so that rules me out. I'm guessing it's something like the A200p twist situation?

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #1,715 of 1,963
It wasn't easy to find the A&K version on their site (was in accessories), so here's the direct link: http://www.astellnkern.com/eng/htm/accessory/akt5p.asp

It says "2.5mm balanced terminal for Astell&Kern … supports full-balanced output… Moreover, the 2.5mm-to-3.5mm interconnector is provided for use with the first generation Astell&Kern players as well as other mobile devices and portable players."

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #1,718 of 1,963
Makes me think I shoild rebrand my T5p's now that they have a removable cable!

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #1,719 of 1,963
Finally made the jump from my Audeze LCD-2's. I thought they were my perfect pair until I heard the T5p's. It opened up a whole new world and veil so to speak. Have any of you had any experiences with the T5's and the Woo Audio WA7 tube amp?

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #1,720 of 1,963
Finally made the jump from my Audeze LCD-2's. I thought they were my perfect pair until I heard the T5p's. It opened up a whole new world and veil so to speak. Have any of you had any experiences with the T5's and the Woo Audio WA7 tube amp?

I'm so pleased to learn that you jumped from the LCD-2 to the T 5 p. I have the T 5 p and considered the LCD-2. I listened to various LCDs at several meets, and I found I could not get excited about them. Plus this time I needed a closed headphone, which is what I bought the T 5 p for

Apr 6, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #1,724 of 1,963
Thank you Robert777
 for sugesting Forza Audioworks to me.The cable did died on me , and i am glad  it did!!! Damn the Hybrid Noir HPC looks and  feel sick !!! I know that this cable won't have an end :D.

Big thanks again.

Wow, that is one nice looking cable. Congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back