beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Feb 2, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #1,681 of 1,963

LOL!!
I'll probably use them fully this whole month and then send them up for measurements to ultrabike. Just for the heck of it! :wink:

Not before dishing out all the details on how it sounds to your good friends in the T5p thread, I hope! :)

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #1,683 of 1,963
So I'm that guy who has had perpetual problems with his T5P cables.  The first three shorted out and each died within a month.  Then last March they replaced it with the updated cable, which lasted until about mid-December of last year, before the very same problem occurred.  Obviously, I was displeased, so I wrote to Beyerdynamic's support—perhaps a little too pointed, but hey, I was annoyed.  Since I live in Korea they coordinated with the local repair facility here to replace the entire headphones, box and all.  (Huge kudos to Beyerdynamic support, by the way).

So now here I am with a new pair of T5Ps, and they feel almost nothing like the old pair!  The clamp is much, MUCH tighter (in a good way), the adjustable notches are firm and maintain their setting, the entire construction is really solid, something my fiancee noted ("Are those even the same model?" she asked).  This leads me to believe that I must've gotten a lemon, or that there was a production issue with a few of the earlier models (the serial numbers are 7,000+ apart).  The T5Ps I'm now using feel much better engineered than the ones I bought in December of 2013.  

Honestly, I had begun to write these headphones off due to my frustrations with the cable & build quality.  I even bought a pair of Shure SE846s and have been using them.  However listening to these new T5Ps is like visiting an old friend, or settling into a nice, comfy chair.  I'm glad I didn't write them off completely.

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #1,684 of 1,963
Glad to hear they're working out for you, man!! And yeah, I've heard that Beyer's QC isn't the best nor most consistent, and it sounds like your experience might reinforce that. As you mentioned, kudos to them for getting you taken care of though!

Gotta say though, if the new cable is going bad too (after the well-documented problems with the original cable, which I ran into as well), they really need to re-evaluate what their cable supplier (or whomever assembles their cables) is doing, as that's a problem basically nobody else has right now. 

Thank goodness they sound and look amazing I 'spose! :wink:

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #1,685 of 1,963
So I'm that guy who has had perpetual problems with his T5P cables.  The first three shorted out and each died within a month.  Then last March they replaced it with the updated cable, which lasted until about mid-December of last year, before the very same problem occurred.  Obviously, I was displeased, so I wrote to Beyerdynamic's support—perhaps a little too pointed, but hey, I was annoyed.  Since I live in Korea they coordinated with the local repair facility here to replace the entire headphones, box and all.  (Huge kudos to Beyerdynamic support, by the way).

So now here I am with a new pair of T5Ps, and they feel almost nothing like the old pair!  The clamp is much, MUCH tighter (in a good way), the adjustable notches are firm and maintain their setting, the entire construction is really solid, something my fiancee noted ("Are those even the same model?" she asked).  This leads me to believe that I must've gotten a lemon, or that there was a production issue with a few of the earlier models (the serial numbers are 7,000+ apart).  The T5Ps I'm now using feel much better engineered than the ones I bought in December of 2013.  

Honestly, I had begun to write these headphones off due to my frustrations with the cable & build quality.  I even bought a pair of Shure SE846s and have been using them.  However listening to these new T5Ps is like visiting an old friend, or settling into a nice, comfy chair.  I'm glad I didn't write them off completely.

I remember there are someone said that different batches on T5p also means different sounds. I never compared those though so dunno...

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #1,686 of 1,963
I remember there are someone said that different batches on T5p also means different sounds. I never compared those though so dunno...

Yep. Beyerdynamic + effective quality control = total world domination. Can't wait 'til it happens.

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #1,687 of 1,963
Sooooo today is a very happy day for me 
biggrin.gif
.My T5p's just arrived and all i can say is the best sounding headphones coming straight from my laptop!!! Will pair them with a ibasso dx-100(wich is still on the way).DAMN THEY ARE SO COMFORTABLEEEEEEEEE!!
I never had any similar experience with any headphone like with the t5p! One happy man here, very happy.I will post my impressions when i will have a adquate source for them but for what it is, coming straight from the laptop they are better than a previous setup of mine ATH-M50x plus E07 amp and a ipod... and that's a SQ statement from the get-go.Hope there won't be any cable problems in the future but if there will be i will change, if not i won't... 

Here's a photo :D

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #1,688 of 1,963
Sooooo today is a very happy day for me :D .My T5p's just arrived and all i can say is the best sounding headphones coming straight from my laptop!!! Will pair them with a ibasso dx-100(wich is still on the way).DAMN THEY ARE SO COMFORTABLEEEEEEEEE!!
I never had any similar experience with any headphone like with the t5p! One happy man here, very happy.I will post my impressions when i will have a adquate source for them but for what it is, coming straight from the laptop they are better than a previous setup of mine ATH-M50x plus E07 amp and a ipod... and that's a SQ statement from the get-go.Hope there won't be any cable problems in the future but if there will be i will change, if not i won't... 

Here's a photo :D

So glad you are pleased. I LOVE mine. Did you know that though they don't advertise it, they align their drivers at an angle to match that of your ear canal, placing the music a bit ahead of you? Sennheiser does this, and advertises it, with the HD 800.

I also find my T 5 p just great straight out of my iPhone 5 or iPod Touch 5. I bought the tiny Beyerdynamic DAC / amp A 200 p for my T 5 p, so when I feel like playing audiophile, I can run my iPod through it and to the T 5 p for even more fun. That device, if worn on the belt, adds the in line remote capability that a lot of iPhone headphones have on their cord. (Pause, skip, repeat).

Feb 12, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #1,691 of 1,963
I really do and fate made it the way that my iBasso DX-100 arrived today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM THE HAPPIEST MAN ALIVE RIGHT NOW !!!! This player really makes the headphones shine!! I was waiting for this player for over 2 months now, was loosing hope will ever come since it shipped via surface Canada to Romania wich means by boat with no track and stuff.

Really happy right now.Here's what i consider to be the most sexiest and nerdiest picture i ever took and that's with my girlfriend Christine wearing the headphones and holding the player.
I will give a extensive listening for a week and after i will post impression :D.

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #1,695 of 1,963
Beautiful sound, beautiful headphones, and a beautiful young lady! Congrats again, DS!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back