Beyerdynamic T1
Sep 24, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #31 of 46
I've been considering adding the LCD-2 to my stable, but have decided instead to upgrade my amp to the Liquid Fire.The decision was easy after reading how well the T1's respond to that specific amp.I've thought about the Liquid Gold, but I'm not sure I can wait until it's available.My first choice was the Red Wine Isabellina, but everything I have read pretty much says it's no contest between the two

Sep 24, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #32 of 46
The T1s are a wonderful headphone. I started this dedicated headphone setup in February with T1/WA2. Superb and probably should have just stuck with it. Heard about the LCD2's bass and bought them. They didn't play well with the WA2 so I ended up with a V200 and Lyr trying to find the right match for the LCD2. It became a struggle to switch back and forth between the T1 setup and the LCD2 setup as the LCD2 produced such a "fuller" sound that listening to the T1 after made it sound sort of anemic, which I knew it wasn't but that was the comparison. With all of the great talk about the Liquid Fire I decided to continue the budget shattering and order one. I sold the WA2 and the V200 and will sell the Lyr in October when the LF arrives. Right now I really miss the T1/WA2 combination and hope based on reviews that the T1 will sound great with the LF. I actually wouldn't mind settling on just one headphone. If there's anything to be learned from this diatribe for anyone interested it's that the T1 with the Woo WA2 (especially with Tung Sol 5998s) is a wonderful combination and listening experience. T1 and Lyr or Violectric V200 not so much. (The V200 is fantastic with the LCD-2s)  

Sep 25, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #33 of 46
I have literally been listening for about five minutes to the T1, so it isn't burned-in yet, but I think this headphone is The One. I've been looking for something in the league of the Senn HD800, AKG K1000, or even the K701 is remarkable and worth considering.

My problem with Sennheisers in general is I don't find them musically involving.

The K1000 has a kind of grainy upper midrange and is too "cool" for my tastes.

The K601 is really musically involving, really warm (I like warm) and conveys the beauty of instruments, but lacks resolution and dynamics compared to the big boys.

The K701 has a "whispered EEE" coloration that I just can't take.

The T1 has what I am looking for: first of all MUSICALLY INVOLVING and BEAUTIFUL TIMBRE. And this is without burn-in even.

And it has the resolution and dynamics worthy of the big boys.

I'll follow this up in about 200 hours.

Mike

I'd generalize headphone's signature if I listen to them with two different amps at least. My impressions for k1000 (with Aleph 3 speaker amp) is about very balanced, smooth and musical headphone. K701 can sound very different and are the most revealing and amp-dependent hdps I've ever owned. With some amps they can be shouty, or very smooth with others. HD800 can sound spacious and crisp with some tubes or congested and folled off in highs with my modded Corda Prehead. HD650 - one of the most musical headphones no matter the amp I use. The bass control is the only issue with them. So it's relative how the headphones sound. Obviously you've found a good combination - the T1 + your amp.
And I've found my happines (for now) with k701 + Audio GD FUN (LME49860 op-amp).
It's all relative. :)

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #34 of 46
Checking in with number 4884 here. I got the T1 about 4 days ago along with a Grace m903. Even during the burn in process I'm absolutely floored with the T1. I was going back and forth between it and the HD800 and was even going to order it just for a comparison, now not really feeling the need as I think I'm all set. The T1 manages to be transparent and neutral but remains musically involving with the most incredible midrange I've ever heard.

Sep 26, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #35 of 46
You will not be disappointed by the LF!!  I too have taken the long way around starting w/a WooWA22/T-1 and now I'm here w/LF+LCD2rev2 combo.  Totally incredible.  I too am a one headphone guy so it's the LCD2rev2.  Of course if someone dropped a big electrostatic rig in my lap that would be cool.  But of course that is more than double the money!

Quote:
The T1s are a wonderful headphone. I started this dedicated headphone setup in February with T1/WA2. Superb and probably should have just stuck with it. Heard about the LCD2's bass and bought them. They didn't play well with the WA2 so I ended up with a V200 and Lyr trying to find the right match for the LCD2. It became a struggle to switch back and forth between the T1 setup and the LCD2 setup as the LCD2 produced such a "fuller" sound that listening to the T1 after made it sound sort of anemic, which I knew it wasn't but that was the comparison. With all of the great talk about the Liquid Fire I decided to continue the budget shattering and order one. I sold the WA2 and the V200 and will sell the Lyr in October when the LF arrives. Right now I really miss the T1/WA2 combination and hope based on reviews that the T1 will sound great with the LF. I actually wouldn't mind settling on just one headphone. If there's anything to be learned from this diatribe for anyone interested it's that the T1 with the Woo WA2 (especially with Tung Sol 5998s) is a wonderful combination and listening experience. T1 and Lyr or Violectric V200 not so much. (The V200 is fantastic with the LCD-2s)  

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #36 of 46
T1 grows on me.   Having had both T1 and HD800 since they were released,  I have always ranked HD800 a tad higher than T1 because the sound stage's wow factor.  But lately I found T1 is much more balanced and enjoyable.   Only thing still bugs me a bit is the wearing comfort,  T1 is no where near HD800.   

Sep 28, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #37 of 46
Mike you should consider HE500 too. The problems of T1 is their treble and good but not excellent Bass,if you have a match amp ,then it's ok.
I think HE500 sound more balance and easier to set up the system around them.
I used to own the T1,I've found they are very good allrounder headphones (unlike HD800 and LCD2,which I've found they suit just specific Genres).
But like I said before I like HE500 more (LCD2 rev2 with less Bass),then so just recommend them.

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #38 of 46

Quote:
Mike you should consider HE500 too. The problems of T1 is their treble and good but not excellent Bass,if you have a match amp ,then it's ok.
I think HE500 sound more balance and easier to set up the system around them.
I used to own the T1,I've found they are very good allrounder headphones (unlike HD800 and LCD2,which I've found they suit just specific Genres).
But like I said before I like HE500 more (LCD2 rev2 with less Bass),then so just recommend them.

Mike seems tolike the T1. As for the treble you see as problematic I find that statement inaccurate IMO. The bass extends deep and frankly I had the HE500 in here for 3 weeks and then repurchased another T1. It easier to driver has more focus and a better built headphone in every way. I see no treble issues at all in my system. Perhaps it does not gel with your system. I preferred the T1 all any other flagship and you preferences may be different but the quality of the Beyer T1 is better built than all of them. YOMV

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #40 of 46
Reviving this thread to say that I just got my T1's and am really liking them with Woo and Ray Samuels tube amplification. I'm also enjoying them very much with rock...so far. Haven't had the pleasure of checking them out with classical and jazz yet but that will come in time.

Sep 15, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #41 of 46
Quote:
Reviving this thread to say that I just got my T1's and am really liking them with Woo and Ray Samuels tube amplification. I'm also enjoying them very much with rock...so far. Haven't had the pleasure of checking them out with classical and jazz yet but that will come in time.

Welcome to the T1 club. I own others and I find so far that you can buy different sound but you can't buy better sound. I would not give up my T1's for anything I've heard so far.

Sep 15, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #42 of 46
I started this thread over a year ago. I eventually grew dissatisfied with the T1 because it seemed a bit too aggressive on certain transients, like piano attacks and brass attacks. Since then, I have favored the LCD-2. But I am started to get disillusioned with the lack of real treble extension in the LCD-2. I am thinking about trying the T1 again. I suspect that recabling it will fix the problem with transients. If I like the T1 I am very likely to have it recabled by the same guy who did my LCD-2. The only problem with recabling a T1 is that you have to delve inside -- no outside connectors. That means voiding the warranty and all that. Also means an item that's hard to resell (since I would be using a cable type that is relatively unknown).

Oh, the other problem I had with the T1 was it stimulated my ear resonance a little too strongly. I have an ear resonance somewhere around 500 Hz. The LCD-2 doesn't stimulate it as much.

Mike

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #43 of 46
Quote:
I started this thread over a year ago. I eventually grew dissatisfied with the T1 because it seemed a bit too aggressive on certain transients, like piano attacks and brass attacks. Since then, I have favored the LCD-2. But I am started to get disillusioned with the lack of real treble extension in the LCD-2. I am thinking about trying the T1 again. I suspect that recabling it will fix the problem with transients. If I like the T1 I am very likely to have it recabled by the same guy who did my LCD-2. The only problem with recabling a T1 is that you have to delve inside -- no outside connectors. That means voiding the warranty and all that. Also means an item that's hard to resell (since I would be using a cable type that is relatively unknown).

Oh, the other problem I had with the T1 was it stimulated my ear resonance a little too strongly. I have an ear resonance somewhere around 500 Hz. The LCD-2 doesn't stimulate it as much.

Mike

I recently went through the same thing, a bit to bright,but excellent in comfort..

About a week ago,I purchased the He-6's ,used from another head-fier
Been using them on the new Mjolnir,and I have to say..its like having the lcd2's & the T1's,rolled into one ..
Now,I see why the he-6's are so popular,they are an excellent pair of headphones..
I've had them on for 3 days,round the clock,and with the new amp..I am in audio heaven...

Might be time to at least audition the he-6's,and for what its worth,the mjolnir have no problem driving them..

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #44 of 46
Quote:
Welcome to the T1 club. I own others and I find so far that you can buy different sound but you can't buy better sound. I would not give up my T1's for anything I've heard so far.

Thanks. These are easily my favorites in the Beyerdynamic line so far.

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #45 of 46
Can anyone suggest either a cable ,  a recabling service......or maybe both 
bigsmile_face.gif
 for my T1's

I am considering Aphrodite so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back