Beyerdynamic T1
Aug 29, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #16 of 46
Having done a quick comparison on the Alo Continental thread, I find this portable amp has a considerably larger soundstage than other portables I've tested. Which is a perfect compliment to the T1 really, as you get the extra warmth, smoothness and bass from the hybrid tube, but no loss in clarity or detail since the wider, clearer and more dimensional sound stage actually adds to it. Everything just sounds that much more realistic and live performance like. But these cans truly are a marvel. I'm not really sure what one would do to provide a better balance. As a bass head, I might EQ in some extra low end bass, but I know that would be to satisfy my personal preference, not necessarily to make them more true or accurate. But they are on the whole, one of the best balanced headphones I've used. They also deal with pretty much every kind of music you throw at them exceptionally well. For Hip Hop and Dub Step, a tiny bit of extra low end bass adds to impact, but with near enough most other genre's of music, the T1 is perfectly fine tuned.

Aug 29, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #17 of 46
owning only my t1 I custom the outputs with a net called zobel network  the components (one resistor and one capacitor per channel) were designed specifically for the electrical caracteristics
of the  t1 the practical result a smoother frequency response (flats the hedaphone impedance for the whole spectrum cancelling any
deeps or peaks )
giving more tamsparency for the whole mids and lowest lows( imo it gives better results that buying costly interconnects )
this network can be added externally without opening the amplifier itself .

Aug 29, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #18 of 46

Quote:
owning only my t1 I custom the outputs with a net called zobel network  the components (one resistor and one capacitor per channel) were designed specifically for the electrical caracteristics
of the  t1 the practical result a smoother frequency response (flats the hedaphone impedance for the whole spectrum cancelling any
deeps or peaks )
giving more tamsparency for the whole mids and lowest lows( imo it gives better results that buying costly interconnects )
this network can be added externally without opening the amplifier itself .

NICE! 
It's what I need, please can you give a better "how to do" explanation? It would be really helpfull!!
Thanks,

Marco

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #20 of 46
Sounds interesting :) but should R1 and R2 not be a little bit less than 600 Ohm because this is the resistance? And how have you calculated the capacity?

Aug 29, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #21 of 46

Quote:
Sounds interesting :) but should R1 and R2 not be a little bit less than 600 Ohm because this is the resistance? And how have you calculated the capacity?

the actual capacitance is a function of the measure headphone inductance  c= L/600 x 600  where 600 is the measure headphone resistamce
and L the measured headphone inductance (with an lab LCR meter)

Aug 29, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #22 of 46
Sounds good :) but the measured resistance isnt 600 Ohm. The impedance at 1 kHz is 600 Ohm.

Aug 29, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #23 of 46

Quote:
Sounds good :) but the measured resistance isnt 600 Ohm. The impedance at 1 kHz is 600 Ohm.

the  dc resistance measured with my dvm shows 617 and  616 ohms  for the left and right channels

the impedance is a complex relation between pure resistance and reactance (capacitive or inductive ) -inductive in this specific case
i do not intend to enter in a discussion about electrical theroies but the fact is that this network works and gives practical results

Sep 2, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #24 of 46
Wondering the T1s sound if they are compared to, say the DT880s? They are having the same nature or the T1s are completely different type of headphones? Any comparisons or does any one here mind to share some experiences?

Sep 2, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #25 of 46

Quote:
Wondering the T1s sound if they are compared to, say the DT880s? They are having the same nature or the T1s are completely different type of headphones? Any comparisons or does any one here mind to share some experiences?

I had the T1 and the 600 ohm DT 880 at the same time, and they are very different. I find the DT880 is a little colored, a bit too much sibilance. Comparing them, the T1 comes across as neutral in tonal balance. ... and tremendously more extended at both the top and bottom ends. Also its dynamics put the DT 880 to shame, even on music that is relatively un-dynamic.
 I think it's no contest.

Sep 2, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #26 of 46

Quote:
I had the T1 and the 600 ohm DT 880 at the same time, and they are very different. I find the DT880 is a little colored, a bit too much sibilance. Comparing them, the T1 comes across as neutral in tonal balance. ... and tremendously more extended at both the top and bottom ends. Also its dynamics put the DT 880 to shame, even on music that is relatively un-dynamic.
 I think it's no contest.

I was at the 50th anniversary IFA exibition in Berlin las year    (    september    2010) and I had the opportunity to compare the DTxxx against the T1 I agreed the Dtxxx sounded  colored and IMO the clarity of the T1 was many steps ahead from the Dtxxx
Both headphones were driven  there  with a pair of A1s  SS beyer amplifiers  but the t1 technology was clearly better
I visit the exibition 2 consecutives days  the second day I bring   a  known cd  that I knew very well to audit the t1 and dtxxx but  but after hearing the T1 could not hear the dtxxx series  anymore .... I found that part of the music was missing with dtxxx  and was a musical miracle  of the t1 
Tthe guy that explained  me about the T1  was a german guy and did not realized who was  at that moment ...... when I returned from my trip from Berlin and  recognized at the beyerdunamic site a picture of that guy ..... he was "only " the chief designer of the T1 headphones  tesla technology  and was happy that I met him in person
was very dificult to find  a shop to purchase but  I founded and of course buyed  the T1  it was  a big money invertion  but every time I put the headphones in my head Irealized that it was the right decision  at the right time

Sep 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #27 of 46
I like to wear my T1s a little forward on my head. It compromises comfort slightly, but sounds the best, a little warmer.
T1s sound nice with a Rudistor amp (like my RP010B), or with a tubed amp with warmer tubes (but tubes with a controlled bass).
T1s are one of my favorite phones, along with Denon 7000s.

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #28 of 46
Just got mine. Going thru Break-in and it sounds great after about 100 hrs. Its opened up quite a bit. Eminently listenable.

Looks like the T1 just don't get any respect on Head-fi (anymore)!

Just a note of thanks to Frank for recommending them.

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #29 of 46
Glad your enjoying them. They are great headphones so well balanced and neutral. I agree they are under appreciated. I like that they can be used for every genre. The best focus and air of any headphone I have heard or owned.

Sep 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #30 of 46
Its pretty ridiculous to me that the LCD-2 thread has 17 thousand posts while the T1 one has less than 2 thousand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back