BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Jan 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #1,441 of 1,864
Quote:

Well, I suppose he could be 53 and just re-living his youth.
tongue.gif

Sometimes I feel like I'm 53, honestly. Last I checked, though, I'm definitely 24. It's the most astonishing thing how every year that goes by I get a year older. If I just stopped doing this, I could be immortal. And, if Head-Fi is still around an infinite number of years from now, they'll likely still be recommending the M50 and the circular arguments will still be going. 
biggrin.gif

And I'll be able to really test out the durability of Beyerdynamic headphones. Imagine a headphone that lasted...forever. I wonder what a modern dynamic driver would sound like after 100+ years of daily use, or if at some point it would eventually cease to function for some mechanical reason (not an electrical short). Knowing Beyer's propensity for long-lived models, they might still be manufacturing the DT48 after 100 years.

Jan 2, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #1,442 of 1,864
Quote:
Horrific in: muddy inconherent sound, no bass and shrill treble.as if there was a veil all over the music..i couldnt stand the sound...i wanted to buy that amp for my he500 but am happy i listened before i bought it.instead i bought the 337 which was a bit more expensive.but so much better...but.i understand the 3322 does pair well the sennheiser hd650.. Maybe its just to weak for the he500? For me it was a no deal!
biggrin.gif

Seems odd that an amp, and a quality amp at that, could sound so bad unless there was a fault. Even if it didn't have enough power it shouldn't have sounded that bad.

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #1,444 of 1,864
Seems odd that an amp, and a quality amp at that, could sound so bad unless there was a fault. Even if it didn't have enough power it shouldn't have sounded that bad.

Forgot to say: compared to my mstage! My apologies.
To be honest i didnt believe it also..but as i used my excellent and cheap matrix mstage as a reference the 3322 just didnt cut it..i reaaly wanted to buy that 3322.. I drove lots of km's to listento it as i heard so many good things about it..and it is..as i said..with the hd650 it sounds very very good. But to my ears my mstage was much much much better on the he500's and that a a fraction of the price..and no the 3322 wasnt faulty..we even tried different tubes..and some sounded better..but it stayed..my humble mstage sounded better with the he500..it was just a coincidence that guy also had a 337 as he couldnt believe how on earth his darkvoice sounded worse then my cheapy mstage..even he admitted it and yeah..the 337 was indeed the pair i was looking for..
Ps..he himself had a hd650 and a hd800..and funny thing is..although the hd650 sounded good on the 337 ..the 337 didnt mix with the hd800 at all (thats why he sold it almost new to me)..he now has a custommade bada 33 or something and with that SS amp the hd800 is heavenly..so yes..from my experience amps do help with the soundexperience..but not with all headphones..but some are more picky then others, just like women :D

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #1,445 of 1,864
Hi all, I have been using DT990 (600,ohm) for about 1.5 years now just keeps sounding great. Recently paired with Valhalla tube amp and Bifrost dac.with USB connection to Dell inspiron 1720  Source needs to be good because these cans are very detailed (imo). I listen to mainly classical and jazz 16 and 24 bit Flac

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #1,446 of 1,864
Quote:
Hi all, I have been using DT990 (600,ohm) for about 1.5 years now just keeps sounding great. Recently paired with Valhalla tube amp and Bifrost dac.with USB connection to Dell inspiron 1720  Source needs to be good because these cans are very detailed (imo). I listen to mainly classical and jazz 16 and 24 bit Flac

That's the exact setup that I'm going to get with my DT990.  That's good to hear.  Can't wait my headphones to get in

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #1,447 of 1,864
Just received my custom one pros today from amazon. This is my first set of beyerdynamic headphones and I'm loving them. Comfort is great, build quality is top notch and the sound is incredible. I'm definitely a beyer fan now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #1,448 of 1,864
as the owner of these beyers before, i feel like the loyalty has grown in me permanently
1. dt440
2. dt770 250
3. xp1
4. xp3

thinking of getting yet another pair of beyers

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #1,452 of 1,864
Quote:
Got my DT880 250 ohm from Amazon! Too bad they sent the Pro instead of the Premium version. I'm probably going to send it back because the clamp is a tad too strong for me.

If they sent you the wrong item (if you specifically ordered the Premium and they sent you the Pro), you have every right to send it back and should definitely do so. You might end up being able to live with the clamp, but why should you have to if it's not what you ordered?

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #1,453 of 1,864
Just got my DT 880 250ohm but something happens, the right speaker is clearly louder than the left one, is that something really strange or wrong? Or it's not that rare and it's easily fixed using the mixer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back