BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Jul 27, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #662 of 1,864
Im selling a brand new DT770 Pro 80 Ohm version on Ebay right now with free shipping. If anyone looking for a DT770, search on ebay for DT770 and the one with $155 is mine. Or search for "jincuteguy" on ebay and u should see the DT770 listed. United States shipping only.

Aug 5, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #663 of 1,864
I just bit the bullet and bought a pair of 770 pro 80's on ebay. Hopefully the bass will hit pretty hard.
beyersmile.png
It has to be leagues better than my crappy Aiwa HP-X222's that I have now.

Aug 5, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #664 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bit the bullet and bought a pair of 770 pro 80's on ebay. Hopefully the bass will hit pretty hard.
beyersmile.png
It has to be leagues better than my crappy Aiwa HP-X222's that I have now.

What will you be running them through?

Hope you enjoy them.
smile.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #665 of 1,864
I'll just be using them to listen to music on my computer on Winamp. Before I came here I never heard of needing an amp for headphones, I never knew any headphones were that powerful. I'm a noob to all this stuff. LOL This will be my first pair of "real" headphones, all my others were Walmart specials. So I'm guessing I should be blown away by the Beyer's.

Aug 5, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #666 of 1,864
Quote:

This will be my first pair of "real" headphones, all my others were Walmart specials. So I'm guessing I should be blown away by the Beyer's.

Those things have their part in the journey too
biggrin.gif

I still use and enjoy them Walmart specials. Not for critical listening though...
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #667 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akabeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those things have their part in the journey too
biggrin.gif

I still use and enjoy them Walmart specials. Not for critical listening though...
smily_headphones1.gif

I went from cheap Coby's to cheap Koss's to my Aiwa HP-X222's to now the Beyer Dynamic DT770 Pro 80's. This is by far the biggest jump I've made yet, and I'm sure the 770's will last me for years to come.

Aug 5, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #668 of 1,864
I love my DT770PRo when i got them but love them more after getting my ibasso p2. The P2 can really push these cans makes them very clean. Now i just need to find some opamps to "Air" out the DT770's and ill never get another pair of cans again
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #669 of 1,864
I seen someone on here say the DT770's put out "face shaking bass" but I don't know if they were joking or they literally can make your face shake. Also, what would you guys say is the equivalent in real speakers to the DT770's? I mean is it like listening to a 12" subwoofer, or more, or less? What's something like this sound like on them: http://www.imeem.com/people/dpzSui/m..._instrumental/

Aug 5, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #670 of 1,864
Quote:

I seen someone on here say the DT770's put out "face shaking bass" but I don't know if they were joking or they literally can make your face shake. Also, what would you guys say is the equivalent in real speakers to the DT770's? I mean is it like listening to a 12" subwoofer, or more, or less? What's something like this sound like on them: The Pack I'm Shinin' (Instrumental) - Song - MP3 Stream on IMEEM Music

I have that song
biggrin.gif
I think you will happy but to really see these cans shine i would suggest an amp of some sort.

Aug 5, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #671 of 1,864
Best song ive found with "clean deep" bass is T-pain - Blow Ya Mind off of his 2005 album: Ternt Sanga. This song is the real deal, not sure how it will sound without an amp but with an amp its definitely #1 in my book so far. There are a couple more songs on the album like Ridge Road that are nice also.

Aug 6, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #672 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by dir_d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best song ive found with "clean deep" bass is T-pain - Blow Ya Mind off of his 2005 album: Ternt Sanga. This song is the real deal, not sure how it will sound without an amp but with an amp its definitely #1 in my book so far. There are a couple more songs on the album like Ridge Road that are nice also.

I have that song, I'll definately listen to it when I get my new cans. Even though I hate the song "A Milli" now I also want to see what that sounds like. So is the face shaking thing a myth or am I underestimating these headphones?

Aug 6, 2008 at 8:09 AM Post #674 of 1,864
Quote:

I have that song, I'll definately listen to it when I get my new cans. Even though I hate the song "A Milli" now I also want to see what that sounds like. So is the face shaking thing a myth or am I underestimating these headphones?

It's a bit of an exaggeration. Headphone bass is more accurately described as something you hear rather than feel, though DT770s do have a tendency to produce a sort of vibration effect in response to ample bass, which is a bit unusual in headphones.

Aug 6, 2008 at 12:45 PM Post #675 of 1,864
Without an amp they dont shake my head but with an amp they shake my ears without any distortion or cracks. Sounds very clean, Im
Using Foobar2k-->SB Audigy 2 ZS ASIO 24/96-->Ibasso P2-->DT770 PRO 80ohm. Everything is clear, im happy. It works well for my jazz and Earth Wind and Fire also. I know its noot the best but i think i have found the best sound for the cheapest price. Plus im an avid gamer so keeping my Audigy 2 ZS is a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back