BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Mar 27, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #602 of 1,864
I want to be able to demo high quality headphones in my dreams...
frown.gif
How unfair.

Mar 27, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #603 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got a new addition to my Beyerdynamic family: the DT48. I don't have it yet, but it will be here in a week or two.

The DT48 was developed in 1937 and released to the public in 1950. It was the first hi-fi headphone and has been in production ever since. Mostly for pro work, however, and there is very little information on it here. So when the opportunity to grab a used one at a fair price came up, I bit. I'll post impressions after I put a week or two on them.

The Original DT-48 without headband padding is quite a beauty aswell
smily_headphones1.gif

It's amazing how refined the early BeyerDynamic phones already were.
My ET-1000 is a realy enyoable phone,astonishing bass for a phone this aera,not overly colored but musical midrange...

Mar 27, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #604 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBlasto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, just came across a pic of a VERY BEAUTIFUL pop singer wearing my beloved DT-770 Pro-80 cans.

Enjoy!

AmyWinehouse.jpg

Well, her voice is very dynamic so if she's monitoring her vocals and the mix thru that, I'm glad mine are on the way...Woohoo!

I like how someone on here described these are overperforming, understated headphones. It's like that lost jewel you just located after several years.

Mar 27, 2008 at 10:32 AM Post #605 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaproject
her voice is very dynamic so if she's monitoring her vocals and the mix thru that, I'm glad mine are on the way...Woohoo!

Well she took one side off so either the engineers monitoring mix is not right or the phones are not satisfying for her dyn. voice
tongue.gif

Still to hear properly amped 770 ,the bass was a little too much on the pair i tried

To put something usefull in this post:

How are the 990 Editions compared to 990Pros ?

I have read some coments but nothing in depth or even focused on a comparison..
And is there anyone with 990s and a Headsix?

Mar 27, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #606 of 1,864
...What stop you?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reputator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to be able to demo high quality headphones in my dreams...
frown.gif
How unfair.

Mar 27, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #607 of 1,864
I absolutely adore my DT770 Pro 80's. =D Looking at getting them woodied by a buddy this summer.

Mar 29, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #610 of 1,864
Yea, just got my DT770's, and are loving them. The bass is awesome and certainly not overpowering at all. It's nice to have some "real" low end in a headphone.

I agree to the DT770 lovers out there about the sound being fantastic. Very warm sounding. Lot's of character.

Mar 29, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #612 of 1,864
Hey guys, its been a year now with my beyer dt770's and ive loved em from day one.

I got a problem, and i need to know who here can make a repair and/or upgrade for me.

My right speaker vibrates or makes "busted" buzz sound at certain low notes.. I havent been particularly careful with em either, i dont have a stand and so they end up getting thrown around, falling on the floor.. basically ive been treating them like a person child. Ive paid for my actions obviously.

So is there anyone, you guys, can recommend for me to repair this speaker and do an overall checkup/upgrade?
Id much appreciate it!

Mar 29, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #613 of 1,864
That is almost certainly just a hair touching the driver. Carefully remove the foam, and make sure there is nothing unwanted stuck in the foam, or touching the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back