BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Nov 8, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #1,126 of 1,864
Started my Beyer infatuation with the DT770 Pro 80s and DT880/32ohm at the same TIME (ordered one open and one for closed/bass). I loved both but they weren't right for me for my applications (needed them to excel for Dolby Headphone gaming, the 770 pros did but were too muddy in general, the 880/32 is probably the best headphone I've heard but just didn't do as well in pinpointing rear sounds with my Mixamp). Since then I have gained the best of both worlds with the DT990/600ohm. My love of bass and open sound combined into one headphone was god's gift to me. Not only is it wonderful with music, but it works spectacularly when gaming with Dolby Headphone. Virtual Surround sounds sooooo good with it.

My next Beyer purchase will be the DT770/600ohm as an upgrade to my Creative Aurvana Live (which I love even more than the 770 Pro 80s), since I want an audiophile quality closed headphone, and I know DT770's do so well with gaming too.
smily_headphones1.gif

To anyone wondering, I use my Mixamp as a pre-amp and hook that up to my E9. But to be honest the Mixamp powers them well enough alone for gaming as long as you have the Mixamp juicing the game audio completely, without a hint of voice chat mixed in. DH spreads the sound enough making it hard to notice them being underdriven, and besides, when you're gaming in virtual surround you're not overanalyzing how perfect the sound is compared to music listening.

Nov 16, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #1,127 of 1,864
did a quick search of the thread but couldn't find an answer, so forgive me if its been discussed already. If i wanted to replace the headband on my DT880 Premiums would the
headband from the Pro's be my only option or is there a direct replacement for the Premiums also?

Nov 16, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #1,128 of 1,864
You wanted a replacement headband for the premium model right? I would contact beyerdynamic directly as they can sell you one. 

Quote:
did a quick search of the thread but couldn't find an answer, so forgive me if its been discussed already. If i wanted to replace the headband on my DT880 Premiums would the
headband from the Pro's be my only option or is there a direct replacement for the Premiums also?

Nov 16, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #1,129 of 1,864
I'll give that a shot, just wondering more for future reference than anything else. I did check the spare parts section on their website but there wasn't much
to be seen, then i came across polar audio who appear to stock a lot of spare parts but they only had a replacement for the Pro model available.

Nov 16, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #1,130 of 1,864
I've bought the premium headbands direct from beyer before, so you should be able to as well.

Quote:
I'll give that a shot, just wondering more for future reference than anything else. I did check the spare parts section on their website but there wasn't much
to be seen, then i came across polar audio who appear to stock a lot of spare parts but they only had a replacement for the Pro model available.

Nov 16, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #1,131 of 1,864

Quote:
I've bought the premium headbands direct from beyer before, so you should be able to as well.

great stuff, thanks for the info. i plan on keeping my 880s for quite some time just wanna make sure i have access to a healthy supply of spares.

Nov 16, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #1,132 of 1,864
I have the DT 990 Pros (arrived faulty grrr!) but I have to say in terms of sound quality (when cable is positioned perfectly!) I am compelled to echo what Mad Lust Envy said as I'm in a similar boat being a lover of bass and open sound stage - the detail and clarity on the 990 Pro's especially to me is simply incredible, but the sound stage and separation to my ear is frankly awe inspiring. Quite possibly my favourite aspect of the headphones in fact and it's all great but that's awesome! Speaking of awesome, they're awesome for movies too with their sound sig and presentation. Dare I say even incredible ? Blu-ray on these is just all sorts of epic!

Nov 17, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #1,134 of 1,864

Quote:
You should also check out Thomann.de. They will happily sell you headbands, pads, cables etc.

Excellent! I stumbled across their site for the first time just a couple of days ago, I've got an order in with them for a 3.5mm to rca cable and a Sennheiser HH10 so if i could add to that order, that would be perfect.

thanks for the heads up.

Edit:

had a quick look it seems to be just the pro version they stock, looks like I'll have to give Beyer a call :)

not to worry though my visit to Thomann just taught me the German for headband(Kopfgurt) and ear pad(Ohrpolster), so I'm all set! :p

Nov 17, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #1,135 of 1,864
Haha, that's good. :wink:

I hope you can arrange with Beyer that they ship to you. From what I know they only ship to Germany and America.

Nov 17, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #1,137 of 1,864

Quote:
Haha, that's good. :wink:

I hope you can arrange with Beyer that they ship to you. From what I know they only ship to Germany and America.

Quote:
I bought the dt990 manufacture directly from them, and I'm in Finland. It's worth an email.

kk guys, I'll look into it today, I'll let you know how i get on.

Nov 17, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #1,138 of 1,864
So i just spoke to an extremely helpful lady at Beyer, and it's like apatN said, they only supply spare parts directly to Germany and the States, if i want to order
spares i should go through a preferred stockist like PolarAudio.co.uk, who even if they don't have it listed on their site should be able to supply me with any
part i might be looking for.

Anyway i'll give them a call and see what the story is.

Edit: Sorted!

http://www.beyerdynamiconline.com/Product.asp?Prd=979.823 just in case any is looking for the same thing :)

Edit 2:

£25 for delivery to Ireland?? as opposed to £5 pounds inside the UK...(insert expletive here!) i think one of my UK based friends shall be doing me a favour in the near future :p

Nov 17, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #1,140 of 1,864

Quote:
Thomann is usually pretty good about special orders, if the UK store won't do it for you. I only have experience buying guitar amps from them though.

yea i have an order in with them for a Senn HH10 and a cable at the moment, they just don't stock the part, PolarAudio have it, it's just their delivery charge
i have an issue with!

Shouldn't be a problem though I'll get it delivered to a friend in the UK and they can post it to me or bring it over next time they're home.

thanks for all your help folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back