Beyerdynamic DT990 (ver.2005) Impressions Thread
Jul 23, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #376 of 564
Yes, it is a headphopone as few, great bass, mids and clean and realistic highs and with a big headstage and all the other.... The only "drawback" are a laid back upper mids and slightly recessed mids, but it doesn't appear to be a drawback... and because of it, this headphone obtain a expansive soundstage/headstage that no other headphone obtain and with big bass (almost all with big soundstages/headstages are bassless, except the GS-1000 (but it has a hollow midrange)). i only need a very good and powerfull amp for them below $500.

Aug 18, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #378 of 564
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarepants /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much do the DT990's cost now, second hand?

Take a look in the For Sale forum. I think 2 are for sale right now. 05' 250 editions for 220 or so.
I just recently bought some as well used from here for around the same price in practically as new condition. I'm loving them.

Dec 5, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #379 of 564
On recommendation from this thread mainly - i now have my beyer 990/250 ... oh my oh my.. what an upgrade from my previous senn 555's.

Thanks for the thread, enjoying the headphones
smily_headphones1.gif
Now to upgrade my amp as im currently using a HT omega halo claro soundcard headphone amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #381 of 564
Yeah, what a upgrade....
Quote:

Originally Posted by stryfestryfe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On recommendation from this thread mainly - i now have my beyer 990/250 ... oh my oh my.. what an upgrade from my previous senn 555's.

Thanks for the thread, enjoying the headphones
smily_headphones1.gif
Now to upgrade my amp as im currently using a HT omega halo claro soundcard headphone amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #383 of 564
Nice score!

Dec 20, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #384 of 564
That price is criminal for amazing headphones as these...; But very good for you....
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJSgolf33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just scored a pair of these phones used from ebay for $125. what a deal. I couldn't be happier. Now to find a nice tube amp to make these babys sing.

Dec 30, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #385 of 564
guys....need help...

after 2-3 years of almost daily usage.... its time to clean my cans...

problem is HOW???

i need to clean the velour pads...theyre no longer silver/grey...theyre more like light brown now... i guess all the oil from my face must have stuck to the pads...

same thing with the headband. the leather needs cleaning... guessing the oil from my hair (used to have long hair til recently) got stuck on the headband...

im very sure it needs a thorough washing. how do i do that?? dry cleaning? washing machine??? etc etc..???

same thing with the leather headband...how? especially since u cant take it off....

frown.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #386 of 564
3 years without cleaning
eek.gif
I regularly clean my headphones with Alcohol...
Why you don`t use the same to clean yours?.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mADmAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guys....need help...

after 2-3 years of almost daily usage.... its time to clean my cans...

problem is HOW???

i need to clean the velour pads...theyre no longer silver/grey...theyre more like light brown now... i guess all the oil from my face must have stuck to the pads...

same thing with the headband. the leather needs cleaning... guessing the oil from my hair (used to have long hair til recently) got stuck on the headband...

im very sure it needs a thorough washing. how do i do that?? dry cleaning? washing machine??? etc etc..???

same thing with the leather headband...how? especially since u cant take it off....

frown.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #387 of 564
Very impressed with these 'phones, I didn't think I'd like them coming from Grados but wow, they are very "fun" and perfect for the type of music I listen to(Metalcore, MDM). Very impressed.

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #389 of 564
Quote:

Originally Posted by vash2022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im getting these via craigslist for 50 dollars...how will i be able to tell if they are the 2005s and has any tried doing the eq circuit via HeadWize - Project: An Equalization Circuit for the beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Headphones by LXH2

I have tried one or two of those with my late DT990 2005 32ohm, but don't rememeber which one. They DID lower the treble, but at the same time I lost some air if I remember correctly. I do not think that they are made for 32ohm DT990, but rather 600 or 250, so that might be why I didn't stick with the filter.

Jan 7, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #390 of 564
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3 years without cleaning
eek.gif
I regularly clean my headphones with Alcohol...
Why you don`t use the same to clean yours?.

LOL

i take it u use the alcohol on the headband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back