Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread
Apr 13, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #241 of 706

of course that will make the bass less prominent as you are boosting everything that is not bass.

Also can someone try this EQ and see if it has made a difference to your bass levels. 

HZ |  Boost 

31          0
62          0
125        0
250        0
500      +1
1k        +1
2k        +2
4k        +3
8k        +1
16k      +2

Duh... 
confused_face(1).gif

Apr 14, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #242 of 706
Such an awesome pair of cans. Propably my favourite, so good for movies and games. That sub bass! Funny thing is that i hate dt 990, while love 770 80ohm's. Treble is so much smoother on it, and mids are less recessed to my ears. Dt990 was bright, sibilant and shrill, went thru 2 pairs just to make sure i didnt get some really bad variance phones first.

Apr 28, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #244 of 706
I just picked up the 80ohm's version today after going through and returning the X1's, and  ATHA700x's.  I think I finally, FINALLY found a set of cans I'm happy with.  I'm not an audiophile by any means but I totally love the lows these things produce.  The isolation is spot on too, I'm in my office and can barely hear my mouse clicks and keystrokes.  Man, if you want some serious sub lows these are it. Very fun set of cans thus far. 

Apr 28, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #245 of 706
I just picked up the 80ohm's version today after going through and returning the X1's, and  ATHA700x's.  I think I finally, FINALLY found a set of cans I'm happy with.  I'm not an audiophile by any means but I totally love the lows these things produce.  The isolation is spot on too, I'm in my office and can barely hear my mouse clicks and keystrokes.  Man, if you want some serious sub lows these are it. Very fun set of cans thus far. 

Welcome to the club :)

May 10, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #246 of 706
I picked a pair of these up at Guitar Center about six years ago when I pieced together a mobile recording setup.  At the time I just needed a pair of headphones - apparently I made a good choice!  For a number of years I used them straight from an iPod, and for about a year I've been using a Fiio Mont Blanc.  Still happy, many years later.

May 18, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #249 of 706
Hi I've just bought a 2nd hand pair of the 80Ohms but the ear pads are fairly worn out, is it worth the extra to buy the official Beyerdynamic velour replacements of would the generic ones listed on Ebay do the job equally as well?

May 18, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #250 of 706
  These just arrived. Does anyone else have a problem with sibilance? Or does that get better with burn-in? I know sibilance can also depend on files and sources, will try a different source.
The signature seems a tad too bright for me. Isolation and bass are really good though.

That was my experience at first too. Sibilance got noticeably better during burn in for me. I did 300hours pink noise and random music mixed, and highs tamed nicely. I didnt listen to them during burn in period. After that i listened to them daily and i could almost swear they tamed a little more even after 300 hours. Ofc that latter could be a mental burn in.

May 19, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #252 of 706
  Well I did about 20 hours of burn-in. I absolutely hate the sound (expected better after changing the source). I can't use them for mere 15 minutes because of the incredible fatigue - makes my head hurt. The bass seemed good at first but it is overpowering, especially for certain music genres. Overall, marketing them as studio 'pro' headphones is clearly misleading.

That is indeed weird. Maybe something is wrong with yours? I just have the DT770 Limited Edition (32 Ohms) from a friend and find them very smooth and not harsh and not fatiguing at all.... The bass is clear and not too exaggerated, has texture and is punchy. 

Did you try another DT770? Maybe something is wrong....

May 20, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #253 of 706
The DT770 80Ohm is bright indeed, but I didn't notice any sibilance (if it's not in the recording of course) - and I'm extremaly sensitive to it. Bass can become very strong, but after heavy equalization.

May 21, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #254 of 706
A friend of mine just wants to sell his used (but in excellent condition - 6 months old)) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohms for a half of the new price. I have tested them for 5 days against my 3 months old Audio-Technica ATH-Pro700 MK2 64 ohms connected on Fiio E07K and I cannot decide if I want them or not. And I don't want to start collecting headphones and having that dilemma of which headphone to listen to certain genre... The problem is that , having a different SPL 96 db vs 106 db , the DT770 sound weaker than Pro700 at the same volume and it is hard to  find the same output volume. Mainly I listen trance and chill and I find that with DT770 I cannot hear clearly the drums/beat, it is transformed into a slow drum with that "ummm" because of the low end bass enhancement. At lower volumes it is pleasant, but rising the volume makes me wonder where is the beat and the high frequencies (and some mids) hurts my ears. I am aware that despite the same frequency range (5-35000 hz) the Beyers has more forward highs and maybe that vents that Beyers has create different low end bass, but I prefer the Pro700. I just wish that they had the sub bass of the DT770 and drums of  Pro700. And maybe more medium frequencies. But, this can be obtained with an equalizer. I know that because of the M50 pads on the Pro700 I lost some hi and mids and gained bass , but I put them only for confort(hurts even with headband stretched) and I will maybe later come back to the original pads That's why I am asking you about the mids difference between them, what do you feel about it? What do you like more to decrease or to increase the equaliser to gain the desired sound, in my case to decreade the DT770 highs or to increase the Pro700 highs? As a reference a use also my Monster Turbine Pro Copper that I like so much for their bass, sub bass, mids and the highs that are not so crispy as the DT770. I know it's me, but I cannot tolerate well high frequencies oh high volume, where the bass shine. And I like to listen the music clean , without equalisation.

sent from Xperia T

May 22, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #255 of 706
A friend of mine just wants to sell his used (but in excellent condition - 6 months old)) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohms for a half of the new price. I have tested them for 5 days against my 3 months old Audio-Technica ATH-Pro700 MK2 64 ohms connected on Fiio E07K and I cannot decide if I want them or not. And I don't want to start collecting headphones and having that dilemma of which headphone to listen to certain genre... The problem is that , having a different SPL 96 db vs 106 db , the DT770 sound weaker than Pro700 at the same volume and it is hard to  find the same output volume. Mainly I listen trance and chill and I find that with DT770 I cannot hear clearly the drums/beat, it is transformed into a slow drum with that "ummm" because of the low end bass enhancement. At lower volumes it is pleasant, but rising the volume makes me wonder where is the beat and the high frequencies (and some mids) hurts my ears. I am aware that despite the same frequency range (5-35000 hz) the Beyers has more forward highs and maybe that vents that Beyers has create different low end bass, but I prefer the Pro700. I just wish that they had the sub bass of the DT770 and drums of  Pro700. And maybe more medium frequencies. But, this can be obtained with an equalizer. I know that because of the M50 pads on the Pro700 I lost some hi and mids and gained bass , but I put them only for confort(hurts even with headband stretched) and I will maybe later come back to the original pads That's why I am asking you about the mids difference between them, what do you feel about it? What do you like more to decrease or to increase the equaliser to gain the desired sound, in my case to decreade the DT770 highs or to increase the Pro700 highs? As a reference a use also my Monster Turbine Pro Copper that I like so much for their bass, sub bass, mids and the highs that are not so crispy as the DT770. I know it's me, but I cannot tolerate well high frequencies oh high volume, where the bass shine. And I like to listen the music clean , without equalisation.

sent from Xperia T

The Beyers aren't "weaker", they just require amplification because they're a higher impedance than the AT (probably 32 ohm, I'm not looking it up though). The Beyer should shine over them if they're amplified, even if it's with a Fiio E6 (that's what I used when I had my pair, I used them as my portable can, yeah I'm serious)

Brought this to work everyday :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back