Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread
Feb 6, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #181 of 706
  I ordered the E7. It was all I can get with the 89 dollars with amazon gift credit I had.

Congrats, let us know your impressions after you receive it. 

Actually the 880 and 990 use the same pads.

EDT 990 V = silver velours for 880/990
EDT 990 VB = black velours for 880/990

EDT 770 V = silver velours for 770
EDT 770 VB = black velours for 770

I stand corrected!

Feb 6, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #183 of 706
Adding a bit of cloth infront of the headphone helped so much. I just used some microfiber cloth and placed it in there. Ill probably just buy some felt and replace the black cover with something more colorful. Want to color my dt990s as well behind the grill.

Feb 6, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #184 of 706
Adding a bit of cloth infront of the headphone helped so much. I just used some microfiber cloth and placed it in there. Ill probably just buy some felt and replace the black cover with something more colorful. Want to color my dt990s as well behind the grill.

Awesome! Throw up some pictures of them afterwards.
beerchug.gif

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #185 of 706
Can anyone measure the diameter of the DT770 Pro without the pads on?  I'm interested to know if these EDT 700 pads are compatible with the DT990 diameter.

Edit: nvm I juts got confirmation that they are the same size but the foam used as being different.

Feb 6, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #187 of 706
Do any of you wear glasses? I just got the 32 ohm version and it's killing me. The pads push the ends of My frames into my head behind my ear. They hurt more than the ath-m50 and v moda m100.

I wear glasses as well with my 770Pro-250.  No issues here, and I have a moderately large head.  M50 didn't hurt me either.
Maybe it is your glasses' frame?  Or you are unlucky and the headphone design doesn't quite work for you at all.

Feb 6, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #188 of 706
The question isn't will the pads fit, its will the pads sound good. All of the full size Beyers are the same size so technically all of their pads are interchangeable but only the ones designed for your model will sound right. Its particularly troublesome to use pads designed for open headphones on closed headphones and vice-versa. So in the case of the DT770, I would stick to the 770 velours (EDT 770 V and EDT 770 VB).

@TMRaven: As I said, they all fit each other but they won't sound right. For the 990 you want EDT 990 V (silver) or EDT 990 VB (black).

EDIT: I mistyped one of the model numbers for the pads. To clarify:

Use EDT 770 V (silver) and EDT 770 VB (black) for the DT770 and possibly other closed cans that they fit on.

Use EDT 990 V (silver) and EDT 990 VB (black) for the DT880, DT990, and possibly other open/semi-open cans that they fit on.

Feb 6, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #189 of 706
I wear glasses as well with my 770Pro-250.  No issues here, and I have a moderately large head.  M50 didn't hurt me either.
Maybe it is your glasses' frame?  Or you are unlucky and the headphone design doesn't quite work for you at all.

They're really comfortable without glasses. I adjusted my glasses, stretched out the headband, and tried softening up the pads, and its a bit better. It probably is my glasses the frames are kinda thick but I never had much issue with other headphones.

Wondering if the velour pads will be better.

Feb 6, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #190 of 706
They're really comfortable without glasses. I adjusted my glasses, stretched out the headband, and tried softening up the pads, and its a bit better. It probably is my glasses the frames are kinda thick but I never had much issue with other headphones.

Wondering if the velour pads will be better.

What pads are you using now? Velours are definitely the most comfortable type of pads for people who wear glasses. My glasses are relatively thick-rimmed and the DT770 & DT880 are probably the most comfortable headphones I've ever tried, with or without glasses. To be honest, my glasses never cause me comfort issues with over-ears, only with some on-ears, but if you're having comfort issues I definitely highly recommend you switch to velour pads.

Feb 6, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #191 of 706
What pads are you using now? Velours are definitely the most comfortable type of pads for people who wear glasses. My glasses are relatively thick-rimmed and the DT770 & DT880 are probably the most comfortable headphones I've ever tried, with or without glasses. To be honest, my glasses never cause me comfort issues with over-ears, only with some on-ears, but if you're having comfort issues I definitely highly recommend you switch to velour pads.

I have the 32 ohm version so the pleather pads.

Feb 6, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #192 of 706
Get the velours, you won't regret it. Look for EDT 770 V for silver:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016MMYKA

or EDT 770 VB for black:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VCKA64

Aside from the color they are the same.

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #194 of 706
  Get the velours, you won't regret it. Look for EDT 770 V for silver:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016MMYKA

or EDT 770 VB for black:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VCKA64

Aside from the color they are the same.

Something between the clamping force, shape of my head, and glasses frame just isn't working. I doubt the material of the pads would make a huge difference. Looks like I'll have to sell for a loss and switch to an IEM. 

They have been comfortable for the last half an hour but I don't wanna jinx it. If I do end up keepin em I will get the velour pads. Only thing is that the pads are so expensive in Canada.

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #195 of 706
  Something between the clamping force, shape of my head, and glasses frame just isn't working. I doubt the material of the pads would make a huge difference. Looks like I'll have to sell for a loss and switch to an IEM. 

They have been comfortable for the last half an hour but I don't wanna jinx it. If I do end up keepin em I will get the velour pads. Only thing is that the pads are so expensive in Canada.

I think you should just switch to contacts, makes everything so much better.  More comfortable, no frames in the way of seeing, feels more natural.  And you can wear headphones with no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back