1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by vartan, Aug 5, 2015.
First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Next

Last
  1. greenmountain
    I am looking for a good sounding closed headphone for traveling with my AK120 and I think these could work except they may be too bulky and heavy. Any comments about potability and also longterm listening comfort?

2. pietcux

The overall tonality is a dryer and faster bass as the HD650, similar voices and unveiled very detailed but never annoying treble. Different, but it could be a good closed alternative for you.
    Roger Waters Amused to Death Remastered PC FLAC > Xonar STX> Line out>Meier Audio Jazz FF mod > headphone

Solrighal likes this.
  3. Packdemon
    Newer Tesla driver, a more comfortable headband, a detachable coiled mini-xlr cable and jack, and a better overall look (being more stealthy black and grey with nothing to vibrant, glossy, or obnoxious). I'd say that this is a really great refresh from the existing 770. The only thing that I'd like to see are more options for impedance (the additon of 32, 80, and 600 ohms in particular would be great), maybe having a double-sided detachable cable instead of a single-sided one, and possible having angled driver or earpads.

Great posting Vartan. Shat lav er dasavorats.

4. Packdemon
    You could always take apart the headband from it's stitching and restitch it later or pay your local tailor do it for you. A little bit of work there for you, but not much if you enjoy modding.

5. gelocks
    I think I did something bad... ... ...

[​IMG]

6. grizzlybeast
    you bought them...yay

7. gelocks

[​IMG] I just got too curious!! LOL!!!
    I'll send it to you and Oregonian so you can test as well.

8. grizzlybeast
    nice!!! maybe when you get them they will turn that frown upside down. 

9. gelocks

Hopefully! :wink:

10. pietcux
    It is replaceable. You need to remove the plastic caps at its end with four screws only. The headband padding is folded over the metal part with some memory stuff inside it. Should be very easy.

11. Packdemon
    Do you also know whether the headband is made of real or synthetic leather?

12. pietcux
    It is synthetic leather.

13. beyerlove

Quote:

But very high quality. it's not cheap vinyl one found on other beyer's PRO models. It's close to real leather as for hand feel, and requires less care than you should pay for real leather. 

14. Packdemon
    I already have plenty of these real leather aviator headbands that I use for pretty much everything, just was wondering if the dt 1770's might have been better:
    http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/spareparts/kopfpolster-5.html
    http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/spareparts/kopfpolster.html

15. pietcux
First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Next

Last