Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Sep 22, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #511 of 3,701
I would have to try for myself now
biggrin.gif

So far i have only had the default velvet ones and really..no complaints, but i am a fidgety one..

Sep 22, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #512 of 3,701
Hello everybody 
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm new to the forums, so wanted just to post some first impressions. In fact I got the headphone yesterday (serial 999) and got quite lucky about the price; about 450$. I don't know if I'm allowed to post names of shops here but I can assure you it was a serious and well known dealer here in Switzerland (although now, they raised the price a bit and have a waiting time into November, so I'm really lucky).

About the headphones, in my humble opinion: They look and feel great. They sit very well, almost a bit tight on the head, but probably this will adjust with time. I listened mostly with an Ifi Micro iDSD and it sounds just gorgeous.. For the first time I heard details I never heard before in well known music, through the whole frequency range. Maybe the mids are not at the most forefront but everything seems to be in place. You hear enough bass and also sub basses, but it's not annoying. Of course it does not have the open stage of an AKG 701 but it's a closed headphone. Although it does bleed to the outside a little bit, maybe that's because of a small hole that is in each ear-cup. About the isolation I will know more in the next days, when I will take it on the train (also about reactions or non reactions of passengers sitting next to me, when I'm driving it loud with the iDSD). They do get warm a bit, I also use the leather pads, because I want more isolation.

What I was the most surprised about, is that you can even drive it with an Ipod or Iphone, so you can listen to a good level riding on a bus. (but the device is on full power and needles to say, it's not the quality and dynamic you'll get with an headphone amplifier).

As you see, I'm not very skilled in writing in English and about headphones experiences and don't even know if my opinion is asked in here. Probably my new joy of listening is also about the Micro iDSD, that I also got new the last days (especially to accompany the 1770 on train travels). I do neither have a lot of time these days to write elaborate reports, so excuse my naive writing.

to the other owners: Does anybody know about a carry-around case? Because the one that comes with is much too big for daily travel.

I need a shorter straight cable, can I take anything with micro xlr?

oh: and get rid of your murky mp3s, the 1770 shows everything 
biggrin.gif

don' believe the hype, listen to it instead

Sep 22, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #513 of 3,701
  Hello everybody 
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm new to the forums, so wanted just to post some first impressions. In fact I got the headphone yesterday (serial 999) and got quite lucky about the price; about 450$. I don't know if I'm allowed to post names of shops here but I can assure you it was a serious and well known dealer here in Switzerland (although now, they raised the price a bit and have a waiting time into November, so I'm really lucky).

About the headphones, in my humble opinion: They look and feel great. They sit very well, almost a bit tight on the head, but probably this will adjust with time. I listened mostly with an Ifi Micro iDSD and it sounds just gorgeous.. For the first time I heard details I never heard before in well known music, through the whole frequency range. Maybe the mids are not at the most forefront but everything seems to be in place. You hear enough bass and also sub basses, but it's not annoying. Of course it does not have the open stage of an AKG 701 but it's a closed headphone. Although it does bleed to the outside a little bit, maybe that's because of a small hole that is in each ear-cup. About the isolation I will know more in the next days, when I will take it on the train (also about reactions or non reactions of passengers sitting next to me, when I'm driving it loud with the iDSD). They do get warm a bit, I also use the leather pads, because I want more isolation.

What I was the most surprised about, is that you can even drive it with an Ipod or Iphone, so you can listen to a good level riding on a bus. (but the device is on full power and needles to say, it's not the quality and dynamic you'll get with an headphone amplifier).

As you see, I'm not very skilled in writing in English and about headphones experiences and don't even know if my opinion is asked in here. Probably my new joy of listening is also about the Micro iDSD, that I also got new the last days (especially to accompany the 1770 on train travels). I do neither have a lot of time these days to write elaborate reports, so excuse my naive writing.

to the other owners: Does anybody know about a carry-around case? Because the one that comes with is much too big for daily travel.

I need a shorter straight cable, can I take anything with micro xlr?

oh: and get rid of your murky mp3s, the 1770 shows everything 
biggrin.gif

don' believe the hype, listen to it instead

Thanks for your input, YES it is welcome!

I like the Slappa hard case - I believe it will fit the 1770 easily as it does the Denon D2000's among other large headphones. 

Sep 22, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #514 of 3,701
These look very promising, I guess the main competitors are the sony Z7 and the shure 1540. Many shared their input vs. the Z7, anyone compared 1770s to shure 1540s?

Sep 22, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #515 of 3,701
I'd like to hear someone's comparison vs a Denon D5000 or D7000 or Fostex TH600 - those seem appropriate in quality and sound. 

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #516 of 3,701

I like the Slappa hard case - I believe it will fit the 1770 easily as it does the Denon D2000's among other large headphones. 

The case looks great.
In some reviews, I found The Slappa PRO hard case accepts DT770 and DT990 with ample room, then easily fits DT1770PRO because dimensions are almost identical.

http://www.slappa.com/HardBody-PRO-Full-Size-Headphone-case.html?sc=2&category=744

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #517 of 3,701
The new Beyerdynamic T1 v2 comes with a much smaller hard case. Maybe it would fit the DT1770.

Sep 23, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #518 of 3,701
And beyer released new version of DT hard case. Eyes on it.

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/accessories/dt-hard-case.html

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #519 of 3,701
Thanks for the link. It wasn't there yesterday. The only gripe is that the DT1770 is not listed. I hope it fits too.

Sep 23, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #520 of 3,701

So you are the one who snatched it away from me 
wink.gif
. Thanks for your impressions, looks like it is good enough to warrant the slightly increased price.

Sep 23, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #522 of 3,701
  And beyer released new version of DT hard case. Eyes on it.

http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/accessories/dt-hard-case.html

It is not available in Germany and the shipping to Germany is 42€.
blink.gif

Ordered it from good old Amazon now.
beyersmile.png

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #523 of 3,701
I've been looking for a losed-back pair oh headphones for ages now and these are very appealing. My perfect headphone sound is what I have right now - Project Ember > HD 650. how similar are the DT 1770's? They're obviously going to have some limitations because of the sealed nature of them but that's OK. I just can't stand emphasized treble & prefer a warmer sound. Also, I know these are 250 Ohms but how do you folks think they'd sound driven by a Sansa Clip+? Not ideal obviously but it's just for bed-time listening, podcasts & the like.

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can lend me.

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #524 of 3,701
  I've been looking for a losed-back pair oh headphones for ages now and these are very appealing. My perfect headphone sound is what I have right now - Project Ember > HD 650. how similar are the DT 1770's? They're obviously going to have some limitations because of the sealed nature of them but that's OK. I just can't stand emphasized treble & prefer a warmer sound. Also, I know these are 250 Ohms but how do you folks think they'd sound driven by a Sansa Clip+? Not ideal obviously but it's just for bed-time listening, podcasts & the like.

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can lend me.

If you look for closed HD650 - go with Beyerdynamic DT150 - You will be surprised :)
I have had HD650 previously.

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #525 of 3,701
  If you look for closed HD650 - go with Beyerdynamic DT150 - You will be surprised :)
I have had HD650 previously.

Yeah, I've heard that from others in the HD 650 thread. But this is new & shiny
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back