Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Sep 17, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #452 of 3,701
@pietcux

have you tried the DT1770s with your fiio e12a? is there enough juice for on the go listening?

thx

I tried Ipod Classic>Lod>Fiio E12a>DT 1770. Low gain 12 o'clock is all I need. Runs very good.

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #455 of 3,701
@Waro
Congrats. guess your ears are honest. did you bring 1770 home with you? want to hear from you about the sound.

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #457 of 3,701
  @Waro
Congrats. guess your ears are honest. did you bring 1770 home with you? want to hear from you about the sound.

Yes, I'm having it on my head at the moment. I already wrote something about the sound some pages ago when I heard it in the store. One new thing I experienced today was the treble highlighting an annoying sound I didn't hear with my cheap headset, but that happened with a YouTube video. I tested some  low quality files because I wanted to know if I hear a difference to high quality files and if those low quality files sound bad. I believe that I heard a difference, but most low quality files didn't annoy me.

Also I tried to use it with my smartphone, a HTC Desire HD. It worked very good, I only used ~  30% of the possible volume.
  @Waro, having recently heard the 1770, would you also consider it approaching basshead territory? 

Maybe yes. I'd say that the bass is strong, but not dominating. It goes very deep and I think one could say its precise. When using it with my smartphone I also played with the equalizer, and with the equalizer it was able to produce massive punches.

Sep 17, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #461 of 3,701
A comparison to the fostex series is in order. Th-××× or denons.

What about sound stage, mico details etc

I second this request..................

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #462 of 3,701

Gelocks, I am afraid you must have this headphone. Would be interesting to hear about how you like it compared to the Sig Dj. I sold the Signatures because my ears got to big (getting close to 60)  for the relative small ear cups that Ultrasone constructed. The ED 12 was a treble peaky nightmare for me but the fit was much better than the Sigs. The Beyer standard fits my ears much better. And I think the DT 1770 is bass head material.

o2smile.gif

LOL.
I'm just being very careful... considering its price you know... It looks good though but I wasn't a super fan of the 770s and my T5p's are basically decor... not sure yet.

You may have just sold me on this.................

Oh Ohhhhh!! :wink:

Out...

Maybe with the velour you'll like/tolerate them?

A comparison to the fostex series is in order. Th-××× or denons.

What about sound stage, mico details etc

Ufff... if it even approaches those two with the great isolation/leak-control of a Beyer, that would be 'dream' material. Doubt it though...

Sep 17, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #464 of 3,701

Pow Pow Pow, I received this famous Beyerdynamic DT-1770 Pro, not specialized but good everywhere ! I've tested it on my Oppo HA-2 and AK Jr, do not worry he lets drivers easily. I will test it this week on a AK100ll an Oppo HA-1 ! For me it is a potential single headphone, it is not as detailed and wider than my PMX2, but actually a lot when you consider the asking price ...I had the 770 and MMX-300, the 1770 is still larger and detailed in my opinion it does not simply compare the old Beyer Pro ! My test over 2 hours on both days of the CanJam London is confirmed. It remains for me to use the HA-2 waiting to crack on an amp Beyerdynamic A2 or TEAC 503 ...

Sep 17, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #465 of 3,701

Pow Pow Pow, I received this famous Beyerdynamic DT-1770 Pro, not specialized but good everywhere ! I've tested it on my Oppo HA-2 and AK Jr, do not worry he lets drivers easily. I will test it this week on a AK100ll an Oppo HA-1 ! For me it is a potential single headphone, it is not as detailed and wider than my PMX2, but actually a lot when you consider the asking price ...I had the 770 and MMX-300, the 1770 is still larger and detailed in my opinion it does not simply compare the old Beyer Pro ! My test over 2 hours on both days of the CanJam London is confirmed. It remains for me to use the HA-2 waiting to crack on an amp Beyerdynamic A2 or TEAC 503 ...

Do you hear any potential harshness with HA-2 due to it's sabre glare trait?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back