1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by vartan, Aug 5, 2015.
First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last
  1. Lorspeaker
    ...hovering  :p

2. pietcux
    I tried Ipod Classic>Lod>Fiio E12a>DT 1770. Low gain 12 o'clock is all I need. Runs very good.

deafdoorknob likes this.
  3. sslim3883
    cant wait to try it out tesla 2.0

4. Waro
    Heard again and bought the DT 1770 today.

5. beyerlove
    @Waro
    Congrats. guess your ears are honest. did you bring 1770 home with you? want to hear from you about the sound.

6. DecentLevi
    @Waro, having recently heard the 1770, would you also consider it approaching basshead territory? 

7. Waro

Yes, I'm having it on my head at the moment. I already wrote something about the sound some pages ago when I heard it in the store. One new thing I experienced today was the treble highlighting an annoying sound I didn't hear with my cheap headset, but that happened with a YouTube video. I tested some  low quality files because I wanted to know if I hear a difference to high quality files and if those low quality files sound bad. I believe that I heard a difference, but most low quality files didn't annoy me.

Also I tried to use it with my smartphone, a HTC Desire HD. It worked very good, I only used ~  30% of the possible volume.

Maybe yes. I'd say that the bass is strong, but not dominating. It goes very deep and I think one could say its precise. When using it with my smartphone I also played with the equalizer, and with the equalizer it was able to produce massive punches.

8. emptymt
    Have anyone tried listening to EDM with it? Is it any good?

9. grizzlybeast
    A comparison to the fostex series is in order. Th-××× or denons.

What about sound stage, mico details etc

10. emptymt

+ 1 on this, I'm very curious about it vs th-900

11. Oregonian

I second this request..................

12. gelocks

LOL.
    I'm just being very careful... considering its price you know... It looks good though but I wasn't a super fan of the 770s and my T5p's are basically decor... not sure yet.

Oh Ohhhhh!! :wink:

Maybe with the velour you'll like/tolerate them?

Ufff... if it even approaches those two with the great isolation/leak-control of a Beyer, that would be 'dream' material. Doubt it though...

13. grizzlybeast
    ^ i doubt it too just wanted a ref. I usually find beyer bass a bit unsatisfying either in level or quality so I am hopeful.

They should release a dt1990 and 1880.

14. DarktoreS
    DSCF8884.jpg

Pow Pow Pow, I received this famous Beyerdynamic DT-1770 Pro, not specialized but good everywhere ! I've tested it on my Oppo HA-2 and AK Jr, do not worry he lets drivers easily. I will test it this week on a AK100ll an Oppo HA-1 ! For me it is a potential single headphone, it is not as detailed and wider than my PMX2, but actually a lot when you consider the asking price ...I had the 770 and MMX-300, the 1770 is still larger and detailed in my opinion it does not simply compare the old Beyer Pro ! My test over 2 hours on both days of the CanJam London is confirmed. It remains for me to use the HA-2 waiting to crack on an amp Beyerdynamic A2 or TEAC 503 ...

15. emptymt

Do you hear any potential harshness with HA-2 due to it's sabre glare trait?

First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last